1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    29 Dec '15 04:24
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Just across our southern border into Mexico the people speak Spanish and across our Northern Border into Canada there is an area where they speak French.
    I think you will find plenty of French and Spanish speakers in the US without crossing borders!
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 Dec '15 07:121 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Are the Bangladeshis "a bunch of commandment breaking subordinates", then, in your opinion? It appears that's what you're saying, since that's exactly what we were talking about when you felt you had to barge in and insult me.
    I have read the thread several times and still don't know what you were trying to say in your first post. Are you or are you not saying that God is punishing the yanks though storms? If you are then please explain why he is punishing the Bangladeshi's even more. If not, then please explain what you were saying.

(and no, I didn't insult you in any way, I am merely asking for clarification, so you can't use your usual 'I am insulted so I don't have to explain' excuse).
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 Dec '15 07:15
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    I think you will find plenty of French and Spanish speakers in the US without crossing borders!
    As well as whole areas in most major cities that speak a Chinese language. You could probably find quite a lot of other languages if you look hard enough, but I bet most americans avoid such areas.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Dec '15 07:383 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I have read the thread several times and still don't know what you were trying to say in your first post. Are you or are you not saying that God is punishing the yanks though storms? If you are then please explain why he is punishing the Bangladeshi's even more. If not, then please explain what you were saying.

(and no, I didn't insult you in any way, ...[text shortened]... r clarification, so you can't use your usual 'I am insulted so I don't have to explain' excuse).
    The point I was answering was this, from the OP:
    "Is this a modern take on the old biblical message? But instead of the Hebrews being a bunch of commandment breaking subordinates, it's now the Americans?"

My reply focused on the idea that the Americans have been heading down the road towards being "a bunch of commandment breaking subordinates" since Kennedy was killed. Many have theorized that America took its "turn to the dark side" in the sixties and that the signpost for the diversion was the assassination of JFK.

So yes, I think it was a bit premature, as well as quite assumptive, to call me a "pampered fool". Nothing in my point has anything at all to do with the "Bangladeshis".
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    29 Dec '15 08:56
    Nothing in my point has anything at all to do with the "Bangladeshis".
    Why "Bangladeshis"
    Is this an "American" thing?
  6. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    29 Dec '15 10:44
    Why "Bangladeshis"
    Is this an "American" thing?
    Ask Captain Strange, it was he who brought up Bangladesh.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 Dec '15 10:54
    My reply focused on the idea that the Americans have been heading down the road towards being "a bunch of commandment breaking subordinates" since Kennedy was killed. Many have theorized that America took its "turn to the dark side" in the sixties and that the signpost for the diversion was the assassination of JFK.
    So to be clear, you think America took a "turn to the dark side" in the sixties, but you have not expressed any opinion regarding the actual question of the thread title - is God punishing the yanks though storms?
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    29 Dec '15 18:42
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Yes but not "Bangladesh" in quotes.
  9. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    29 Dec '15 20:16
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Most of the people in Bangladesh suffer great hardship partly brought on by monsoons.
    Suzi considers the Yanks are being punished by God but her definition of hardship
    would be waiting in line with her belly cart for a Big Mac, fries and chocolate shake with a side order of insulin.
    She has no concept of life outside her bubble.
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29 Dec '15 20:31
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-35188563

Christmas storms in the US kill dozens.

Is this a modern take on the old biblical message? But instead of the Hebrews being a bunch of commandment breaking subordinates, it's now the Americans?

Surely we can only hope!
    did you just say you hope god is killing americans?

dafuq is wrong with you?
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Dec '15 20:49

Is this a modern take on the old biblical message? But instead of the Hebrews being a bunch of commandment breaking subordinates, it's now the Americans?

Surely we can only hope!
    the yanks and the aussies- hundreds of homes destroyed down south via bushfires while an ongoing low pressure system causes mass flooding in the north - right at xmas time .
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Dec '15 03:42
    More Spanish than French. 😏
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    30 Dec '15 05:48
    I have to say though that visiting a country where the primary language is not English is quite an experience. I grew up in Zambia where most people know English but frequently speak the local languages. However, visiting Dar-es-Salaam was very different as the primary language is Swahili.
  14. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    30 Dec '15 09:16
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    did you just say you hope god is killing americans?

dafuq is wrong with you?
    I'm just saying it would be beautifully poetic in an ironic way.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    31 Dec '15 15:431 edit

Surely we can only hope!
    You'd hope for someone to be punished by God? I'd dare say this country is heading to a
    place that God will there is no doubt in my mind. The more godless a country's leadership
    is the worst it will be for that country.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree