1. Joined
    09 Mar '06
    Moves
    09 May '08 16:16
    This comes from a discussion I had with a christian friend who said that he believed heaven existed as a physical place somewhere in the universe. As an atheist I don't believe in God, but i'm interested in knowing whether christians believe something similar to my friend. If they do, does this stem from a belief that God himself is also a physical being?
  2. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    09 May '08 21:41
    Originally posted by MonsieurGee
    This comes from a discussion I had with a christian friend who said that he believed heaven existed as a physical place somewhere in the universe. As an atheist I don't believe in God, but i'm interested in knowing whether christians believe something similar to my friend. If they do, does this stem from a belief that God himself is also a physical being?
    Heaven is a long long way out in space. The Hubble Telescope is just now starting to see the edge of it. It has a golden hue that stems from the streets of Gold. You know God once before destroyed the Tower of Babel by making everyone speak different languages so that the work could not continue on the building project , because He wanted to prevent people from climbing on in to Heaven before they had died. It seems like they would of ran out of oxygen before they could of reach Heaven, but who knows. I hope no one trys to send a rocket ship to Heaven, because God would destroy it for sure. Thats cheating. You must die first, and then you might be able to enter the Gated Community known as Heaven.
  3. weedhopper
    Moves
    10 May '08 03:38
    I can only answer the thread with: I certainly am counting on it, and will be most disappointed if it is not.
  4. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    10 May '08 04:33
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    ...[I] will be most disappointed if it is not.
    No, you won't.
  5. England
    Moves
    10 May '08 08:22
    the gate of heaven and hell are hidden from our eyes, the eternal suffering of hell and the glory of heaven seems to give the physical, Even jesus had to change from our physical to the heavenly physical, when he told mary not to touch him as he was not yet transformed. But we are told we are in gods image and mosses saw the back of gods head, and christians have a belief of spirits they have form but not solid as we are. hope it helps.
  6. Joined
    09 Mar '06
    Moves
    10 May '08 09:56
    So there's no way that aliens could invade heaven and take over? I just think it would be quite funny if a bunch of bug eyed aliens turned up at the gates and invaded.....
    Also if heaven is a physical place, how big is it?
  7. weedhopper
    Moves
    10 May '08 15:49
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    No, you won't.
    good point, unless the soul IS eternal, and all those programs like "GhostHunters" and "In Search of the Paranormal"are right.
  8. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    10 May '08 16:34
    Originally posted by buckky
    Heaven is a long long way out in space. The Hubble Telescope is just now starting to see the edge of it. It has a golden hue that stems from the streets of Gold.
    lol
  9. Joined
    09 Mar '06
    Moves
    11 May '08 16:06
    I thought the streets were paved with clouds....?? I personally believe the words of 20th century philosopher Belinda Carlisle, who said that heaven was a place on earth.....
  10. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    11 May '08 16:36
    I thought the streets were paved with clouds....?? I personally believe the words of 20th century philosopher Belinda Carlisle, who said that heaven was a place on earth.....
    No wonder so many people "fall from grace". Clouds don't make for good footing.
  11. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    13 May '08 07:42
    I'm Christian based in my beliefs but you won't find me supporting the borrowed Zoroastrianistic ideas of heaven and hell. They seem pretty silly to me.

Not that what he said ever seemed to matter, but Jesus talked about being with his father in Paradise. No mention of heaven and hell; as I say, those are concepts borrowed from another religion.
  12. weedhopper
    Moves
    14 May '08 16:23
    Originally posted by Badwater
    I'm Christian based in my beliefs but you won't find me supporting the borrowed Zoroastrianistic ideas of heaven and hell. They seem pretty silly to me.

Not that what he said ever seemed to matter, but Jesus talked about being with his father in Paradise. No mention of heaven and hell; as I say, those are concepts borrowed from another religion.
    No mention of heaven and hell? What about all those parables? "Heaven is like unta a ....." And what of lazarus and the rich man? Where was the rich guy suffering intense thirst from, and begging for deliverance, if not hell?
  13. Joined
    08 Dec '07
    Moves
    14 May '08 18:46
    Originally posted by stoker
    the gate of heaven and hell are hidden from our eyes, the eternal suffering of hell and the glory of heaven seems to give the physical, Even jesus had to change from our physical to the heavenly physical, when he told mary not to touch him as he was not yet transformed. But we are told we are in gods image and mosses saw the back of gods head, and christians have a belief of spirits they have form but not solid as we are. hope it helps.
    If mosses saw the back of God's head, why didn't fungi??
  14. Joined
    08 Dec '07
    Moves
    14 May '08 18:47
    Heaven is on Earth. In the middle of Helmand Province.
  15. Joined
    08 Dec '07
    Moves
    14 May '08 18:48
    So there's no way that aliens could invade heaven and take over? I just think it would be quite funny if a bunch of bug eyed aliens turned up at the gates and invaded.....
    Also if heaven is a physical place, how big is it?
    Vast.

Lol, if a Dalek turned up at the gates and tried to exterminate people that would be rather amusing from my perspective,

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree