1. Joined
    06 Jul '12
    Moves
    17 Oct '12 20:44
    What If There Is a Hell?

"And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."1

How often have you heard the argument, "If God is a God of love, how could he ever send anyone to hell?" Others who say they believe in God just don't believe there is such a place as hell." But what if there is a hell? The fact is that Jesus in God's Word repeatedly speaks about hell and warns people about the wrath to come.

Keep in mind, however, that hell was prepared first of all for the rebellious devil and his fallen angels [demons]. Also realize that in a very real sense it isn't God who sends us to hell, but it is we ourselves when we disbelieve God's warning and reject or fail to accept his pardon for all our sins and receive his gift of eternal salvation. God will not force us to spend eternity with him when we have refused his fellowship and forgiveness in life.

In his book, Echoes of Eternity, Dennis Kastens writes about people who never heeded the following warning: "During World War II the city of Palermo, Sicily, a military objective of the Allied Powers, was to be bombed by the American Air Force. To warn the Sicilians, telling them to flee, thousands of pamphlets were dropped on the city beforehand, but the citizens simply did not believe the warning. They listened, but they did not hear! When the American planes came and dropped their bombs, hundreds of Sicilians were killed; in fact, in some cold, dead hands were found the very pages urging them to leave the city."

Whatever you do, don't fail to heed God's repeated warning about hell and the wrath to come after this life. Make absolutely sure your name is written in God's book of life. See also the article below: "The Why of Hell."*

Suggested prayer: "Dear God, I confess to you that I am a sinner and believe that your Son, Jesus, died on the cross in my place to pay the penalty for all my sins. Please forgive me of all my sins, and Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and life and be my personal Lord and Savior. Thank you for hearing and answering my prayer. Gratefully, in Jesus' name, amen."

*The WHY of Hell. Because God is a God of holiness no sin or sinner can ever exist in his presence any more than darkness can survive in the presence of light, or a moth in a flame. And because God is a God of justice, all sin (the breaking of God's universal moral laws) must be judged and that judgment is death, which is eternal separation from God in the place the Bible calls hell. The good news is that God is also a God of infinite love. That's why he gave his Son, Jesus, to die in our place on the cross to pay the penalty for all our sins and save us from spending eternity in hell. All we need to do is confess our sinfulness to God, believe that Jesus is the Son of God and that he died on the cross in our place, and ask God for his forgiveness and accept Jesus as our personal Lord and Savior.

1. Revelation 20:13-15
  2. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    17 Oct '12 21:011 edit
    Originally posted by Lloyd E Adkins
    What If There Is a Hell?

"And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of d accept Jesus as our personal Lord and Savior.

1. Revelation 20:13-15
    If a lake of fire exists that can cause souls great anguish and suffering (or outright destruction) then we should conclude souls are flammable. So (just a few questions for now)...

1) what is the melting point of a soul and/or spirit?
    2) If a person dies in a fire, does their soul get damaged too?
    3) How much burning can an average soul (equipped with pain receptors) withstand before it is completely expended?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Oct '12 21:041 edit
    Originally posted by Agerg
    If a lake of fire exists that can cause souls great anguish and suffering (or outright destruction) then we should conclude souls are flammable. So (just a few questions for now)...

1) what is the melting point of a soul and/or spirit?
    2) If a person dies in a fire, does their soul get damaged too?
    3) How much burning can an average soul (equipped with pain receptors) withstand before it is completely expended?
    1) The melting point of a soul is 65124 deg F
    2) No, fires don't usually get that hot, see 1) above
    3) Until melted, the soul can withstand all lower temps, see 1) above
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    17 Oct '12 21:12
    Originally posted by CLL53
    Thats 36,162 deg C in new money.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Oct '12 21:171 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Thats 36,162 deg C in new money.
    could have spec'ed it out in C, but then somebody would bitch-and-moan that is wasn't in F...

actually it is 36162.222222222226 deg C

The key point is that your quest for knowledge about the destruction of souls has been answered.
  6. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    17 Oct '12 21:207 edits
    Interesting...I'll suppose you have credible sources and press you further; with (3) do you mean to say that the soul can withstand temperatures less than T = 65124 deg F forever? Also, on average, how long does it take for the complete melting of a soul when subjected to a sustained temperature, say, one degree higher than T? (or is it the case that the move from perfect structural integrity to complete melting is instantaneous when the temperature T' = T+|x| (for all x)?). Do soul pain receptors still trigger after the soul has melted?
  7. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    17 Oct '12 21:23
    could have spec'ed it out in C, but then somebody would bitch-and-moan that is wasn't in F...

The key point is that your quest for knowledge about the destruction of souls has been answered.
    I'm sure most of us are happy with 5 s.f.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Oct '12 21:361 edit
    Interesting...I'll suppose you have credible sources and press you further; with (3) do you mean to say that the soul can withstand temperatures less than T = 65124 deg F forever? Also, on average, how long does it take for the complete melting of a soul when subjected to a sustained temperature higher than T? (or is it the case that the move from perfect stru ...[text shortened]... ete melting is instantaneous?). Do soul pain receptors still trigger after the soul has melted?
    These are additional questions, requiring additional time to do calculations, rate of change kinda stuff, functions of several variables, you get the picture... Will get back on those...
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Oct '12 21:38
    [b]actually it is 36162.222222222226 deg C
    I'm sure most of us are happy with 5 s.f.[/b]
    For sake of an additional keystroke or two or ten, why not provide the digits that came out in the calculation? can't hurt, even if it is overkill...
  10. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    17 Oct '12 21:412 edits
    These are additional questions, requiring additional time to do calculations, rate of change kinda stuff, functions of several variables, you get the picture... Will get back on those...
    Well we might be able to work together on the calculations (do you know the governing equations?); but anyway some of my questions were simply requests for clarifications - no maths required.

Indeed...
    - Do you mean to say that the soul can withstand temperatures less than T = 65124 deg F forever?
    - Do soul pain receptors still trigger after the soul has melted?
  11. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    17 Oct '12 21:442 edits
    For sake of an additional keystroke or two or ten, why not provide the digits that came out in the calculation? can't hurt, even if it is overkill...
    well the last digit you posted being a truncation error, (and that the others can be written concisely and correctly as +2/9) is one reason!
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Oct '12 22:00
    Well we might be able to work together on the calculations (do you know the governing equations?); but anyway some of my questions were simply requests for clarifications - no maths required.

Indeed do you mean to say that the soul can withstand temperatures less than T = 65124 deg F forever?
    What your question really seeks is the answer to "does the soul diminish over time for temperatures less than the melting temp", which of course involves solving the associated PDE since the quantity of "diminishing" is a function of time, the temperature, any rate of change in the temp, etc. I do not think there is a PDE from classical physics for destruction of souls.
  13. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    17 Oct '12 22:01
    Do you know the proper temperature for cooking to serve with fava beans and a nice merlot?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Oct '12 22:03
    Originally posted by JS357
    Do you know the proper temperature for cooking to serve with fava beans and a nice merlot?
    merlot is not cooked, rather it is chilled
    per fava beans, I have no idea, I don't cook them or eat them
    most stuff seems to be cooked at 350 deg F (I am not a cook, so that may be for meat dishes only)
  15. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    17 Oct '12 22:081 edit
    What your question really seeks is the answer to "does the soul diminish over time for temperatures less than the melting temp", which of course involves solving the associated PDE since the quantity of "diminishing" is a function of time, the temperature, any rate of change in the temp, etc. I do not think there is a PDE from classical physics for destruction of souls.
    Well I wouldn't expect classical physics to deal with soul destruction PDEs - however perhaps your sources (giving you the melting point of souls in Fahrenheit) have more insight; indeed post a link and I'll take a look for myself.

Also you seem to imply some sort of soul degradation over time, and so i must ask what is meant by the "can withstand" in

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree