1. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Oct '12 22:14
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Well I wouldn't expect classical physics to deal with soul destruction PDEs - however perhaps your sources (giving you the melting point of souls in Fahrenheit) have more insight; indeed post a link and I'll take a look for myself.

Also you seem to imply some sort of soul degradation over time, and so i must ask what is meant by the "can withstand" in

3) Until melted, the soul can withstand all lower temps, see 1) above
    Second part first: "can withstand" was meant to say the soul was impervious to temps less than the melting point, no noticable degradation for lower temps

First part: melting point temperature was provided by a source that, alas, must remain anonymous
  2. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    17 Oct '12 22:335 edits
    Originally posted by CLL53
    Second part first: "can withstand" was meant to say the soul was impervious to temps less than the melting point, no noticable degradation for lower temps

First part: melting point temperature was provided by a source that, alas, must remain anonymous
    But then

"What your question really seeks is the answer to "does the soul diminish over time for temperatures less than the melting temp", which of course involves solving the associated PDE since the quantity of "diminishing" is a function of time, the temperature, any rate of change in the temp, etc. I do not think there is a PDE from classical physics for destruction of souls"

is pretty redundant if for T < 65124 deg F and S representing soul degradation (some multivariate function), for all i in {1, ..., n}, all linear combinations of terms containing partial derivatives of S(x_1, ..., x_n ) wrt x_i are equal to zero don't you think?Reveal Hidden Content
    which would of course imply the terms, considered individually, are also zero
    (as would have to be the case given the imperviousness of souls to temperatures less than the melting point)

Also, why must your sources remain anonymous?
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    17 Oct '12 22:441 edit

actually it is 36162.222222222226 deg C

The key point is that your quest for knowledge about the destruction of souls has been answered.
    I guess 36162 deg C is just uncomfortable
    for souls rather than melting them - right?

That 2/9 of a C is the straw that breaks the camel's back!
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Oct '12 22:52
    But then

[i]"What your question really seeks is the answer to "does the soul diminish over time for temperatures less than the melting temp", which of course involves solving the associated PDE since the quantity of "diminishing" is a function of time, the temperature, any rate of change in the temp, etc. I do not think there is a PDE from classical physic ...[text shortened]... emperatures less than the melting point)

Also, why must your sources remain anonymous?
    "can withstand" being interpreted as no degradation, as I meant at the time, but I allowed for possibility of degradation which would have to be verified per solution to the PDE modeling the problem. In other words, absolute proof of no degradation requires solving the PDE, nonlinear btw, likely no analytical solution - numeric methods needed. Summation of partials = 0 does NOT imply that each is 0, anymore than any other summation equation does. (e.g., -1 + 1 = 0, but neither term is 0)

Anonymous source is needed to protect the identity of the source, as is always the case.
  5. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    17 Oct '12 22:542 edits
    "can withstand" being interpreted as no degradation, as I meant at the time, but I allowed for possibility of degradation which would have to be verified per solution to the PDE modeling the problem. In other words, absolute proof of no degradation requires solving the PDE, nonlinear btw, likely no analytical solution - numeric methods needed. Summation of p ...[text shortened]... 0)

Anonymous source is needed to protect the identity of the source, as is always the case.
    I said summation of all linear combinations of the terms - indeed alpha f(x) + beta g(y) = 0 for all alpha, beta implies f(x) = g(y) = 0
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Oct '12 22:54
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    I guess 36162 deg C is just uncomfortable
    for souls rather than melting them - right?

That 2/9 of a C is the straw that breaks the camel's back!
    indeed...

consider this, water freezes at 32 deg F, not at 31.99999999
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Oct '12 22:55
    I said summation of all linear combinations of the terms - indeed alpha x + beta y = 0 for all alpha, beta implies x= y = 0
    true, missed the quantified portion of the premise
  8. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    17 Oct '12 23:061 edit
    "can withstand" being interpreted as no degradation, as I meant at the time, but I allowed for possibility of degradation which would have to be verified per solution to the PDE modeling the problem. In other words, absolute proof of no degradation requires solving the PDE, nonlinear btw, likely no analytical solution - numeric methods needed. Summation of p ...[text shortened]... 0)

In other words, absolute proof of no degradation requires solving the PDE, nonlinear btw, likely no analytical solution - numeric methods needed.

Care to quote the PDE for me, defining your terms? (I might fire up Scilab, and look over my books / past lecture notes)

Also why must the identity of the source be protected? (and "as is always the case"!???)
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    17 Oct '12 23:08
    indeed...

consider this, water freezes at 32 deg F, not at 31.99999999
    by definition

the triple point of water is 32.018 deg F

I wonder what the triple point of a soul is ......... ??????? ..........
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Oct '12 23:211 edit
    Originally posted by Lloyd E Adkins
    What If There Is a Hell?

"And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of d accept Jesus as our personal Lord and Savior.

1. Revelation 20:13-15
    What does the Bible say?

“For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing, . . . for there is no work or thought or knowledge or wisdom in Sheol, to which you are going.”—Ecclesiastes 9:5, 10, Revised Standard Version.
    The Hebrew word Sheol, which referred to the “abode of the dead,” is translated “hell” in some versions of the Bible. What does this passage reveal about the condition of the dead? Do they suffer in Sheol in order to atone for their errors? No, for they “know nothing.” That is why the patriarch Job, when suffering terribly because of a severe illness, begged God: “Protect me in hell [Hebrew, Sheol].” (Job 14:13; Douay-Rheims Version) What meaning would his request have had if Sheol was a place of eternal torment? Hell, in the Biblical sense, is simply the common grave of mankind, where all activity has ceased.
    Is not this definition of hell more logical and in harmony with Scripture? What crime, however horrible, could cause a God of love to torture a person endlessly? (1 John 4:8)

Hellfire—All-Consuming?

Could it be that the fire of hell is symbolic of all-consuming, or thorough, destruction? Separating fire from Hades, or hell, the Scriptures say: “Death and Hades were hurled into the lake of fire.” “The lake” mentioned here is symbolic, since death and hell (Hades) that are thrown into it cannot literally be burned. “This [lake of fire] means the second death”—death from which there is no hope of coming back to life.—Revelation 20:14.
    The lake of fire has a meaning similar to that of “the fiery Gehenna [hell fire, King James Version]” that Jesus spoke of. (Matthew 5:22; Mark 9:47, 48) Gehenna occurs 12 times in the Christian Greek Scriptures, and it refers to the valley of Hinnom, outside the walls of Jerusalem. When Jesus was on earth, this valley was used as a garbage dump, “where the dead bodies of criminals, and the carcasses of animals, and every other kind of filth was cast.” (Smith’s Dictionary of the Bible) The fires were kept burning by adding sulfur to burn up the refuse. Jesus used that valley as a proper symbol of everlasting destruction.
    As does Gehenna, the lake of fire symbolizes eternal destruction. Death and Hades are “hurled into” it in that they will be done away with when mankind is freed from sin and the condemnation of death. Willful, unrepentant sinners will also have their “portion” in that lake. (Revelation 21:8) They too will be annihilated forever. On the other hand, those in God’s memory who are in hell—the common grave of mankind—have a marvelous future.

Hell Emptied!

Revelation 20:13 states: “The sea gave up those dead in it, and death and Hades gave up those dead in them.” Yes, the Bible hell will be emptied. As Jesus promised, “the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear [Jesus’] voice and come out.” (John 5:28, 29) Although no longer presently existing in any form, millions of dead ones who are in Jehovah God’s memory will be resurrected, or brought back to life, in a restored earthly paradise.—Luke 23:43; Acts 24:15.
    In the new world of God’s making, resurrected humans who comply with his righteous laws will never need to die again. (Isaiah 25:8) Jehovah “will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore.” In fact, “the former things [will] have passed away.” (Revelation 21:4) What a blessing is in store for those in hell—“the memorial tombs”! This blessing indeed is reason enough for us to take in more knowledge of Jehovah God and his Son, Jesus Christ.—John 17:3.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Oct '12 23:221 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    by definition

the triple point of water is 32.018 deg F

I wonder what the triple point of a soul is ......... ??????? ..........
    Don't know, but the melting point of a soul is "damned hot!" (no pun intended)
  12. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    18 Oct '12 00:20
    Originally posted by Lloyd E Adkins
    What If There Is a Hell?

"And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of ...[text shortened]... d accept Jesus as our personal Lord and Savior.

1. Revelation 20:13-15
    Sorry, but mind control doesn't work on me.
  13. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    18 Oct '12 00:35
    1) The melting point of a soul is 65124 deg F
    2) No, fires don't usually get that hot, see 1) above
    3) Until melted, the soul can withstand all lower temps, see 1) above
    at what temperature does a soul turn to gas? and what happens if two or more souls are melted and mixed together, but then allowed to cool back down to solid state?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Oct '12 02:04
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    at what temperature does a soul turn to gas? and what happens if two or more souls are melted and mixed together, but then allowed to cool back down to solid state?
    Souls become gaseous at 72113 deg F, following the meltdown
  15. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    18 Oct '12 03:246 edits
    Souls become gaseous at 72113 deg F, following the meltdown
    CLL53, I asked you earlier to quote that PDE modelling soul degradation with a definition of your terms - I'm not asking you to solve it or compute a numerical solution - I'm merely asking you to state it (and with the exception of saying what your variables are, without any further scaffolding (at this time)), this should take you no less than a minute, and by looking at it (perhaps term by term) it may allow me to get an overview of the behaviour of this system without solving it. You don't seriously want the forum to think you just pulled some figures out of your arse in the hope it would silence us do you?

Also I asked you why your sources needed to be protected

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree