Is it okay for a Christian to lie?

Is it okay for a Christian to lie?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Z

Moves
27 Mar 23
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
How very creepy.
Hows the stalking going? Got your kill yet?
Evil, heartless oaf.

P

Moves
27 Mar 23

@zoo said
Hows the stalking going? Got your kill yet?
Evil, heartless oaf.
Best description of the Deucer I’ve heard.

Claims to be an upper echelon professional but spends all day on here red-thumbing posts from people he doesn’t like and harassing them.

Z

Moves
27 Mar 23

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Mar 23

@ghost-of-a-duke said
"No one who practices deceit shall dwell in my house; no one who utters lies shall continue before my eyes." Psalm 101:7 ESV

Now, I'm sure our recent returner who has lied repeatedly about previously being banned from the site has justified his lies to himself. No doubt he has told himself that lying to atheists doesn't really count as lying. The problem is, howeve ...[text shortened]... that the holy spirit that has transformed the believer isn't really that bothered about falsehoods?
Is okay for anyone to lie, why put the question to only those who claim to be Christian? Is it okay to hate another person? Anything else that should not be done that we do on a daily basis, okay?

P

Moves
28 Mar 23

@kellyjay said
Is okay for anyone to lie, why put the question to only those who claim to be Christian? Is it okay to hate another person? Anything else that should not be done that we do on a daily basis, okay?
I don’t “claim to be a Christian,” KellyJay. I am a Christian.

I wasn’t aware you were perfect - the first perfect Christian who ever lived.

Congratulations.

How easily you’re duped by the deceiving Deucer.

F

Moves
28 Mar 23
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Is okay for anyone to lie?

Generally no, but in some circumstances yes.

Is it okay to hate another person?

Used sparingly [for one's own equilibrium if for nothing else], I think yes. Would it be OK to hate whoever the man was who had raped four women in my neighbourhood, for example? Yes, it would be an instance where "hate" was natural, understandable, and acceptable.

Anything else that should not be done that we do on a daily basis, okay?

Having sex with children or others who cannot give informed consent. Murdering people. Degrading common land to the detriment of other stakeholders. Stealing [in almost every imaginable circumstance]. Committing adultery. Coercing people with threats of violence. Inciting violence. Things like that.

P

Moves
28 Mar 23

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Mar 23

@plantermoo said
I don’t “claim to be a Christian,” KellyJay. I am a Christian.

I wasn’t aware you were perfect - the first perfect Christian who ever lived.

Congratulations.

How easily you’re duped by the deceiving Deucer.
Not questioning anything about you but everyone.

F

Moves
28 Mar 23

@fmf said
Is okay for anyone to lie?
Generally no, but in some circumstances yes.
Is it okay to hate another person?
Used sparingly [for one's own equilibrium if for noting else], I think yes. Would it be OK to hate whoever the man was who had raped four women in my neighbourhood, for example? Yes, it would be an instance where "hate" was natural, understandable, and ac ...[text shortened]... Committing adultery. Coercing people with threats of violence. Inciting violence. Things like that.
I predict you will run away from this response to your question, KellyJay.

P

Moves
28 Mar 23

@kellyjay said
Not questioning anything about you but everyone.
The way you phrased it indicates otherwise:

<<Is okay for anyone to lie, why put the question to only those who claim to be Christian?>>

I was the only one the Deucer put the question to.

Have you been on the receiving end of the Trolling Trio’s hate and harassment? I didn’t think so. How easy for you to judge and condemn how Christians react to what you don’t experience.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 Mar 23

@plantermoo said
Best description of the Deucer I’ve heard.

Claims to be an upper echelon professional but spends all day on here red-thumbing posts from people he doesn’t like and harassing them.
Stage 3 disintegration begins

P

Moves
28 Mar 23

@divegeester said
Stage 3 disintegration begins
Have you ever “disintegrated” on here?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 Mar 23

@plantermoo said
Have you ever “disintegrated” on here?
Never.

P

Moves
28 Mar 23

@divegeester said
Never.
I hear different.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 Mar 23

@plantermoo said
I hear different.
What specially have you heard which might be evidence for me to change my mind?