Is Jesus God? – Logical questions that need answers Part 1

Is Jesus God? – Logical questions that need answers Part 1

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Aug 13

Originally posted by menace71
Just because someone can be tempted does not mean they will be or succumb to the temptation....I think in the case of Christ he would not(could not) fall for the temptation but the fact that he was in the flesh is why it was physically possible for Satan to try and temp Jesus. It was Proof that Jesus was also man. 100% man 100% God

Manny
Then Satan must have known that Jesus was not God. Other wise he was just wasting his time.
If this is the case, then I suppose I cannot identify with Jesus because I can be tempted and he cannot?
You don't make any kind of sense here now do you? I think you should reread your comments and think about what you are saying...

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Aug 13

Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness Gen 1:26 why is it not translated Let me make man in my image? Instead it has plurality why G-Man ?

Also Genesis 11:7
Come, let Us go down and there confuse their language,

What is this plurality ? interesting

Manny
Maybe he was talking to angels?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Aug 13
2 edits

Originally posted by checkbaiter
I just had a long debate on this over on JewsForJesus Forum.

My tag over there is "Feedmysheep". If interested look at Unmoderated Discussion with one Nachshon on "The Unity of God". And I think we went through some of this on a discussion something about Forgiveness and the Temple.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Aug 13

Originally posted by sonship
I just had a long debate on this over on JewsForJesus Forum.

My tag over there is "Feedmysheep". If interested look at Unmoderated Discussion with one Nachshon on "The Unity of God". And I think we went through some of this on a discussion something about Forgiveness and the Temple.
Is that on RHP?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Aug 13

It says man was made in the "image of God", not the image of God and angels. Therefore, "Our image" can't also refer to angels.

The Instructor

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
12 Aug 13
1 edit

Maybe or Maybe not.........

He does say in Genesis Let "US" make man in Our Image

Manny

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
12 Aug 13

Originally posted by galveston75
God "cannot die" so the cross is out of the picture for him... Was never on earth as a human and in fact he has never turned himself into anything other then what he is and that is a spirit being that has no rivals.
If God was this mysterious godhead thingy, those scripture that speak of God having no rivals would have said "we" have no rivals. No scri ...[text shortened]... ever even slightly suggest a thought of God being some multi headed or multi person spirit.
The Book of John states that the Word (Jesus) became Flesh and dwelt among man if you deny this then you do not understand or comprehend and deny Christ ........1 John

1 John 1
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
Introduction, The Incarnate Word

1 What was from the beginning, what we have heard, what we have seen with our eyes, what we have looked at and touched with our hands, concerning the Word of Life— 2 and the life was manifested, and we have seen and testify and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was manifested to us— 3 what we have seen and heard we proclaim to you also, so that you too may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father, and with His Son Jesus Christ. 4 These things we write, so that our joy may be made complete.

Manny

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
12 Aug 13

2 John 1:7

7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist.

Manny

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
12 Aug 13

Originally posted by stellspalfie
dasa, have you ever eaten a spider? or sprayed ant killer? or used bleach? drank wine? enjoyed a violin? eaten cheese? used a tennis racquet? used a fire-extinguisher? drank from a china cup? wore aftershave? used hair products? drunk beer? fabric softener? used sugar? eaten food? killed a virus? squashed a fly? made a bonfire? masturbated? had sex? got ...[text shortened]... things do you think you have actually killed, eaten or benefited from because of their death????
You are a fool.

Building slaughter houses to kill millions of sentient pigs, cows, lambs and chickens etc...........is quiet different from unconsciously standing on a bug.

The saintly man will even avoid the ants on a path ( read the story of St Francis of Assisi)

Your comment is absurd.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
12 Aug 13

Originally posted by Velns
You don't post here much, you should post more.
I posted in the past .......but I could not find 1 honest person in this forum.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
12 Aug 13

2 John 1:7

7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist.

Manny
I'm asuming that is for me? If it is it shows how little you really know about us and who Jesus is to us or you just don't pay attention....

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
12 Aug 13

Just because someone can be tempted does not mean they will be or succumb to the temptation....I think in the case of Christ he would not(could not) fall for the temptation but the fact that he was in the flesh is why it was physically possible for Satan to try and temp Jesus. It was Proof that Jesus was also man. 100% man 100% God

Manny
Lol...100% wrong. You can't have it both ways Manny unless the trinity has you a little twisted on the Bible and it's truths.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
12 Aug 13

Originally posted by Rajk999
The idea which I expressed has its roots in the following:

1. In Gen 3:5 the serpent told Eve that ..in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. . God confirmed this in v 22: .. Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil

2. The idea of turning a man into a ...[text shortened]... one of us: [b]For in him we live, and move, and have our being,
(Acts 17:24-28 KJV) [/i];[/b]
God did not breathe any life into man.

In reality: when the semen is injected into the womb the soul is already in the sperm - and that sperm which is successful in its journey towards the womb is the sperm which allows conception to take place.

Each and every sperm contains an individual soul..............so life is already manifest in the fetus after the sperm has been successful with conception because.

The soul is eternal and is indestructible...................but Christianity does not accept this and teach that the soul has been created (this is false) because the soul is eternal.

Eternal means no beginning and no ending so the soul cannot be created....................which means that the soul has an eternal loving relationship with God which only needs re-kindling back to its original form.

There is no breathing involved in the process.

But Christianity does not believe this..............and they say life begins when the baby takes its first breath or something like that ( its unclear what the think) because different Christians have different interpretations because Christianity is a speculative system of doctrine in many cases.

The true religion of the Vedas is not speculative at all.

One cannot go online to enquire about the Vedas because there are too many unauthorized web-sites that give misinformation about Vedic True Religion.

You shall never get true knowledge from Christianity because its a fabricated doctrine of speculation.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
13 Aug 13

Originally posted by Dasa
God did not breathe any life into man.

In reality: when the semen is injected into the womb the soul is already in the sperm - and that sperm which is successful in its journey towards the womb is the sperm which allows conception to take place.

Each and every sperm contains an individual soul..............so life is already manifest in the fetus afte ...[text shortened]... all never get true knowledge from Christianity because its a fabricated doctrine of speculation.
And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

(Genesis 2:7 KJV)

NO SPECULATION

The Instructor

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
13 Aug 13

Originally posted by galveston75
Lol...100% wrong. You can't have it both ways Manny unless the trinity has you a little twisted on the Bible and it's truths.
Do you always sin when you are tempted?

The Instructor