Is Jesus God? – Logical questions that need answers Part 1

Is Jesus God? – Logical questions that need answers Part 1

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Aug 13

What this shows is that God has given his Son all authority in heaven and earth. Jesus has won that title that G=his Father has so graciously given him for his obedience.

Distinction but no separation.

The final scene of the New Jerusalem has the [singular] throne of God and of the Lamb (Rev. 22:1)

"And he showed me a river of water of life, bright as crystal, proceeding out of THE THRONE of God and of the Lamb."

So God is in Christ- For it says that the "Lamb" is the "lamp" out from whom God shines as the light.

"And the city has no need of the sun or of the moon that they should shine in it, for the glory of God illumined it, and its lamp is the Lamb." (Rev. 21:23)

Father and Son are never separated. Yet they are distinct.

But, enough is enough, We are both born again and we will know the truth when He returns....

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 Aug 13

Originally posted by sonship
What this shows is that God has given his Son all authority in heaven and earth. Jesus has won that title that G=his Father has so graciously given him for his obedience.

Distinction but no separation.

The final scene of the New Jerusalem has the [singular] throne of God and of the Lamb [b](Rev. 22:1)

"And he showed me a ...[text shortened]... s enough, We are both born again and we will know the truth when He returns.... [/quote]
God is not just in Christ. God is in all men and in all of creation.
Yet every man and every aspect of creation are separate and distinct entities.

rc

Moves
08 Aug 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Rajk999
do you have a biblical reference for gods omnipresence? for i have never seen one.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
08 Aug 13

Originally posted by checkbaiter
My life is already secure in Christ, even if I never read Revelation. Of those who have studied it thoroughly, there are thousands of differing opinions.
Hummmm? That raises some serious questions then.
First who is the Bible for? Is it only for unsaved ones and not for God's people?
Once one is saved is there no more direction needed from the Bible anymore or that one can pick and choose what they read or decide not to read in it? Really?
Where does the Bible itself give that direction to only do what we feel we need and discard the rest?
If one is saved as you say then you are basicly saying one in that saved position no longer needs God word the Bible anymore?
Wow I've never read that at all from God's word. In fact it says just the opposite.

Maybe you've missed these few scriptures that I came up with in about 5 minutes.

Proverbs 2:1-5

Good News Translation (GNT)

The Rewards of Wisdom

2 My child, learn what I teach you and never forget what I tell you to do. 2 Listen to what is wise and try to understand it. 3 Yes, beg for knowledge; plead for insight. 4 Look for it as hard as you would for silver or some hidden treasure. 5 If you do, you will know what it means to fear the Lord and you will succeed in learning about God.

An example of the early Christains who never once said they were saved and didn't need to read some of the more difficult writings:

Acts 17:11

11 The people there were more open-minded than the people in Thessalonica. They listened to the message with great eagerness, and every day they studied the Scriptures to see if what Paul said was really true.

Or this one about letting our knowledge grow:

Colossians 1:9-10

9 For this reason we have always prayed for you, ever since we heard about you. We ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will, with all the wisdom and understanding that his Spirit gives. 10 Then you will be able to live as the Lord wants and will always do what pleases him. Your lives will produce all kinds of good deeds, and you will grow in your knowledge of God.

Maybe this will help:

1 Timothy 2:3-4

3 This is good and it pleases God our Savior, 4 who wants everyone to be saved and to come to know the truth.

How can you ever know the truth of Revelation if you don't take the time to read it and pray to God to help you understand it?

How could you ever do this is you ignor parts of God's word?

Matthew 28:19-20

19 Go, then, to all peoples everywhere and make them my disciples: baptize them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, 20 and teach them to obey everything I have commanded you. And I will be with you always, to the end of the age.”

So if the bible truely tells us that once we are saved we no longer have to take God's word the Bible as a whole to learn and to teach others, I'd sure like to see that.

Be careful about this scripture:

Proverbs 27:1

27 Never boast about tomorrow. You don't know what will happen between now and then.

You say you are saved and in fact have nothing to worry about? Is that what the Bible says? Could you show me a scripture about that?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Aug 13

Originally posted by galveston75
Hummmm? That raises some serious questions then.
First who is the Bible for? Is it only for unsaved ones and not for God's people?
Once one is saved is there no more direction needed from the Bible anymore or that one can pick and choose what they read or decide not to read in it? Really?
Where does the Bible itself give that direction to only d ...[text shortened]... to worry about? Is that what the Bible says? Could you show me a scripture about that?
I suppose I will have to define "saved" for you? Romans 10:9-10
Saved or born again is just the beginning. Every one "saved" is a babe in Christ.
They start out on the milk of the word, then the meat as they are able.
Then the adventure begins, learning to trust our Lord Jesus and his Father. How to do His will and learning to die self daily and putting on the new man.
I have no idea what you thought I meant....

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
09 Aug 13

I suppose I will have to define "saved" for you? Romans 10:9-10
Saved or born again is just the beginning. Every one "saved" is a babe in Christ.
They start out on the milk of the word, then the meat as they are able.
Then the adventure begins, learning to trust our Lord Jesus and his Father. How to do His will and learning to die self daily and putting on the new man.
I have no idea what you thought I meant....
Well most that believe in themselves being saved, is they are in and no way can they lose out on it now.
But then I've heard different versions of this being saved now so I don't know which you go by.
But the Bible cleary says that NO one is saved until they day comes to gain that from God as the Bible says at the end. We are all on the same level and have to wait to gain this as we are all imperfect and cannot be saved as long as were are imperfect.
In the meantime we have to learn all we can from God's word and never ignor any of it.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Aug 13

Well most that believe in themselves being saved, is they are in and no way can they lose out on it now.
But then I've heard different versions of this being saved now so I don't know which you go by.
But the Bible cleary says that NO one is saved until they day comes to gain that from God as the Bible says at the end. We are all on the same level an ...[text shortened]... ect.
In the meantime we have to learn all we can from God's word and never ignor any of it.
I am in the category that a Christian cannot lose his standing as a son. The bible says the gifts of God are irrevocable, we are born by "seed". He says he will never leave us nor forsake us. We are saved by Grace through faith, anything else is works, which is what I suspect you are driving at.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
09 Aug 13

But the Bible cleary says that NO one is saved until they day comes to gain that from God as the Bible says at the end. We are all on the same level an ...[text shortened]... ect.
Yes, learn not to ignore God's word, but you also need to learn not to change God's word.

The Instructor

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
09 Aug 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
Yes, learn not to ignore God's word, but you also need to learn not to change God's word.

The Instructor
Yes we are all children of God and he wants us all to live. But I'm not changing any words in the Bible. In fact this scripture reads the same in every bible:

Matthew 24:13

13 But whoever holds out to the end will be saved. ( Notice it says "WILL" be saved, not that you are now saved.)

This scripture is short and easy to understand. No one is saved yet as the end had not yet arrived.
One can be in a good standing with God and could have his approval, but he is not saved by any means.

This scripture confirms this:

Matthew 7:13-14

The Narrow Gate

13 “Go in through the narrow gate, because the gate to hell is wide and the road that leads to it is easy, and there are many who travel it. 14 But the gate to life is narrow and the way that leads to it is hard, and there are few people who find it.

This opening to life is small and hard to get thru. None of us have gone thru this yet as again the end has not yet happened.

None of Jesus followers were saved at that time according to this scripture:

Philippians 2:12

Shining as Lights in the World

12 So then, dear friends, as you always obeyed me when I was with you, it is even more important that you obey me now while I am away from you. Keep on working with "fear and trembling" to complete your salvation.

If any one on earth would have been saved it no doubt would have been ones closely associated with Jesus, but yet they were not. It was to be something that would happen later.
Why should we think we are better then his closest followers and we should be saved while they were not?

So the problem with thinking we are saved and not much more to do but sit and wait for something to happen that would be a reward for us, it makes us not see the need and urgency to do the work that Jesus commanded his followers to do.
Matt the 24th chapter brings this out.
But if we feel safe and see no need to study and learn ALL the Bible, how can one teach it to others?
You can't......

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Aug 13

Yes we are all children of God and he wants us all to live. But I'm not changing any words in the Bible. In fact this scripture reads the same in every bible:

Matthew 24:13

13 But whoever holds out to the end will be saved. ( Notice it says "WILL" be saved, not that you are now saved.)

This scripture is short ...[text shortened]... need to study and learn ALL the Bible, how can one teach it to others?
You can't......
I think this speaks of the Tribulation period...for the people then, when a new Dispensation begins...

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Aug 13

Explain what you mean by "God is in all men and in all of creation" please.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
09 Aug 13

This is the foolishness of Christianity.

To create an emotional and gut wrenching connection to Christianity the fabricators of the Bible have given us the absurd story that God hangs on a cross and bleeds to death in great pain.

The creator of heaven and earth does not hang on crosses.......not then - not now - and not ever in the future.

This sad story of God on the cross ....... is ignorant and absurd and is told to get the gullible fools to embrace Christianity.

What more can I say?

Oh yes.......the person on the cross was not the Supreme Personality of Godhead.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
09 Aug 13

I think this speaks of the Tribulation period...for the people then, when a new Dispensation begins...
Nope, doesn't apply to that at all.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Aug 13

Originally posted by Dasa
This is the foolishness of Christianity.

To create an emotional and gut wrenching connection to Christianity the fabricators of the Bible have given us the absurd story that God hangs on a cross and bleeds to death in great pain.

The creator of heaven and earth does not hang on crosses.......not then - not now - and not ever in the future.

This sad st ...[text shortened]... e can I say?

Oh yes.......the person on the cross was not the Supreme Personality of Godhead.
You know nothing.

The cross is a place of tremendous VICTORY.
The cross of Jesus the Son of God is place where great TRIUMPH was won.

On earth a man who was absolute for the will of God against all and everything opposing God.

We do not weep at the cross. We rejoice in the mighty triumph secured there by the Son of God.

On the cross Jesus put to death all the negative things that plague fallen humanity and included this terminating power in the Holy Spirit. If a man receives the Holy Spirit this terminating power of Christ's crucifixion can liberate and free man from all that causes him sorrow.

The cross of Jesus was a mighty victory which is applicable and available to those who walk in the Holy Spirit.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
09 Aug 13
1 edit

Originally posted by sonship
You know nothing.

The cross is a place of tremendous [b]VICTORY
The cross of Jesus the Son of God is place where great TRIUMPH was won.

On earth a man who was absolute for the will of God against all and everything opposing God.

We do not weep at the cross. We rejoice in the mighty triumph secured there by the Son of God.

us was a mighty victory which is applicable and available to those who walk in the Holy Spirit.[/b]
Rubbish........and it is offensive to teach such falsity.

The fact is: Christianity needed a story to get the foolish people to embrace their church.

The story of Jesus is fabricated because how is it that Jesus disappeared for 30 years after his birth and then popped up when he was 32?

You would think that the entire life of God would be documented....but its not.

Christianity is the religion of the flesh eaters and animal slaughterers (this conduct is cruel and disgraceful)

Meat eating is unacceptable for those who are on the spiritual path.

True religion forbids meat eating.

The only religion on earth that is true and perfect is the eternal religion of the Vedas.

The Vedas existed way before the Roman Empire or the Egyptian Pyramids.

The Vedas have been with mankind from the beginning of creation and teach true religion.

The Vedas are written in the perfect language of Sanskrit and describe the life and pastimes of Supreme Personality Of Godhead ( Krsna)

The literature of the Vedas would fill a library.

You must not accept religion blindly or you will be cheated.