1. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Oct '18 22:38
    .....supposed to help us while we're on earth?

Or is the "Good News" strictly pertaining to the afterlife?

He doesn't seem to be helping all that much while we're on earth.
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    23 Oct '18 22:55
    @chaney3 said

Funny how the universe behaves exactly as you would expect if there were no god.
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 Oct '18 22:582 edits
    @chaney3 said

In the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry, He repeatedly calls for His followers to understand, believe, follow and ultimately abide in His word. To be clear, to abide in the words He preached during His ministry.

In short, to be a "follower of Him" IS to abide in the words He preached during His ministry.

John 8
    "34Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin."
    " 31 ...If you abide in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; 32and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”
    "36So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed. "
    " 35The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son does remain forever.
    51Truly, truly, I say to you, if anyone keeps My word he will never see death.”

The gospel preached by Jesus is about the God of TRUTH.

The "gospel" followed by the vast majority of Christians is about the "god of gimme". This is what you seem to be asking about.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Oct '18 23:07
    @thinkofone said
    In the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry, He repeatedly calls for His followers to understand, believe, follow and ultimately abide in His word. To be clear, to abide in the words He preached during His ministry.

In short, to be a "follower of Him" IS to abide in the words He preached during His ministry.

[quote]John 8
    "34Jesus answered them, “Truly, tr ...[text shortened]... e vast majority of Christians is about the "god of gimme". This is what you seem to be asking about.
    "The god of gimme".
    I like that, lol.

So if I were ready to commit suicide, or lose my job, or get in a horrific car accident, I can expect NO help from Jesus?

Does He promise to help with such things in the bible? Anyone know?
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Oct '18 23:32
    @chaney3 said

By example you mean?

Yes, he already did that
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Oct '18 23:33
    @rwingett said
    Funny how the universe behaves exactly as you would expect if there were no god.
    Speak for yourself 🙂

Funny how the universe speaks as if the only impedement to God was people's stupidity
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Oct '18 23:34
    @karoly-aczel said
    By example you mean?

Yes, he already did that
    Please put down the bong, and start making sense.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Oct '18 23:36
    @chaney3 said
    "The god of gimme".
    I like that, lol.

So if I were ready to commit suicide, or lose my job, or get in a horrific car accident, I can expect NO help from Jesus?

There are no accidents and suicide has no math behind it. The universe is based on mathematics.

Live righteously and patiently and the answers will come.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Oct '18 23:37
    @chaney3 said
    Please put down the bong, and start making sense.
    Man you got any?

I'm hangin' for a cone, or bowl as you yanks put it.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Oct '18 23:41
    The only plausible way that the long dead maverick rabbi Jesus could be said to "help" people - two millennia after his execution - is if everyone were to adhere to what was reported (after his death) to have been his teaching about good works and how to treat each other.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Oct '18 23:42
    @fmf said
    The only plausible way that the long dead maverick rabbi Jesus could be said to "help" people - two millennia after his execution - is if everyone were to adhere to what was reported (after his death) to have been his teaching about good works and how to treat each other.
    And living righteously perhaps ?
  12. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    23 Oct '18 23:431 edit
    @chaney3 said

imagine God is a lab scientist,
    complete with white lab coat, slide rule and pocket protector...
    in His laboratory the are millions upon billions of experiments going on,
    all His laboratory assistants have wings,
    and there are thousands of shelves filled to the brim with petri dishes...
    back in the corner,
    the dusty, dark end of the universal laboratory,
    there is a tiny lil petri dish labeled earth/humans/#3...

God, attending to His rounds, makes a notation on his heavenly clipboard,
    "this one's toast"

They (the entirety of the Godhead) do not interfere,
    They merely observe, and await for the appointed time...

hope this helps...

edited for punctuation and capitalization
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 Oct '18 23:581 edit
    @chaney3 said
    "The god of gimme".
    I like that, lol.

REQUEST RECEIVED FOR PERSONAL HELP

FIRST, I MUST SOLICIT YOUR STRICTEST CONFIDENCE IN THIS TRANSACTION. THIS IS BY VIRTUE OF ITS NATURE AS BEING UTTERLY CONFIDENTIAL AND ‘TOP SECRET’. I AM SURE AND HAVE CONFIDENCE OF YOUR ABILITY AND RELIABILITY TO PROSECUTE A TRANSACTION OF THIS GREAT MAGNITUDE INVOLVING A PENDING TRANSACTION REQUIRING MAXIIMUM CONFIDENCE.

WE ARE TOP OFFICIAL OF THE PERSONAL HELP REVIEW PANEL. IN ORDER TO PROCESS YOUR REQUEST WE SOLICIT YOUR ASSISTANCE TO ENABLE US TO FREE TRAPPED FUNDS. THE SOURCE OF THIS FUND IS AS FOLLOWS; DURING THE LAST REGIME HERE, OFFICIALS SET UP COMPANIES AND AWARDED THEMSELVES CONTRACTS WHICH WERE GROSSLY OVER-INVOICED IN VARIOUS MINISTRIES. THE PRESENT REGIME SET UP A CONTRACT REVIEW PANEL AND WE HAVE IDENTIFIED A LOT OF INFLATED CONTRACT FUNDS WHICH ARE PRESENTLY FLOATING IN THE CENTRAL BANK READY FOR PAYMENT.

HOWEVER, BY VIRTUE OF OUR POSITION AS MEMBERS OF THIS PANEL, WE CANNOT ACQUIRE THIS MONEY IN OUR NAMES. I HAVE THEREFORE, BEEN DELEGATED AS A MATTER OF TRUST BY MY COLLEAGUES OF THE PANEL TO LOOK FOR A PARTNER INTO WHOSE ACCOUNT WE WOULD TRANSFER THE SUM OF US$21,320,000.00(TWENTY ONE MILLION, THREE HUNDRED AND TWENTY THOUSAND U.S DOLLARS). HENCE WE ARE WRITING YOU THIS LETTER. WE HAVE AGREED TO SHARE THE MONEY THUS; 1. 20% FOR THE ACCOUNT OWNER 2. 70% FOR US (THE OFFICIALS) 3. 10% TO BE USED IN SETTLING TAXATION AND ALL LOCAL AND FOREIGN EXPENSES.

THIS IS IN ADDITION TO FULFILLING YOUR REQUEST FOR PERSONAL HELP.

PLEASE,NOTE THAT THIS TRANSACTION IS 100% SAFE AND WE HOPE TO COMMENCE THE TRANSFER LATEST SEVEN (7) BANKING DAYS FROM THE DATE OF THE RECEIPT OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATIOM BY TEL/FAX; 234-1-7740449WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO DOING THIS BUSINESS WITH YOU AND SOLICIT YOUR CONFIDENTIALITY IN THIS TRANSATION. PLEASE ACKNOWLEDGE THE RECEIPT OF THIS LETTER USING THE ABOVE TEL/FAX NUMBERS. I WILL SEND YOU DETAILED INFORMATION OF THIS PENDING PROJECT WHEN I HAVE HEARD FROM YOU.

YOURS FAITHFULLY

NOTE; PLEASE QUOTE THIS REFERENCE NUMBER (VE/S/09/99) IN ALL YOUR RESPONSES.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Oct '18 00:11
    @thinkofone said
    REQUEST RECEIVED FOR PERSONAL HELP

FIRST, I MUST SOLICIT YOUR STRICTEST CONFIDENCE IN THIS TRANSACTION. THIS IS BY VIRTUE OF ITS NATURE AS BEING UTTERLY CONFIDENTIAL AND ‘TOP SECRET’. I AM SURE AND HAVE CONFIDENCE OF YOUR ABILITY AND RELIABILITY TO PROSECUTE A TRANSACTION OF THIS GREAT MAGNITUDE INVOLVING A PENDING TRANSACTION REQUIRING MAXIIMUM CONFIDENCE.

WE ARE TO ...[text shortened]...

YOURS FAITHFULLY

NOTE; PLEASE QUOTE THIS REFERENCE NUMBER (VE/S/09/99) IN ALL YOUR RESPONSES.
    Jesus requires a legal contract?
    😀
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Oct '18 00:58
    @chaney3 said

What would you like him to do for you?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree