1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Oct '18 23:301 edit
    @suzianne said
    I wondered slightly about that.

But again, if God is unchanging, how is it that he can, and does, change his mind? There are many examples of this. He even regretted the Flood.
    God wanting to wipe out the Hebrew nation and then changing his mind by letting them all wander in the wilderness till they all died of natural causes I don't think is changing God's mind. Letting Ahab live after humbling himself before God instead of killing him is not really changing His mind either. Ahab simply conformed to God on some level. And regretting having created sinful man is not really changing your mind either.

Those examples show God achieves his goal in the end, and yes, although God may have been angered by the sinfulness of man before the Great Flood, I don't think that the term "regret" implies he would not have not made man had he known. Of course he knew.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Oct '18 02:03
    @suzianne said
    I wondered slightly about that.

But again, if God is unchanging, how is it that he can, and does, change his mind? There are many examples of this. He even regretted the Flood.
    He always acts accordingly per His nature, along with the ability we have to do as we will places everything in flux as He is working all things together for the good for those that love Him.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '18 07:09
    @kellyjay said
    He always acts accordingly per His nature, along with the ability we have to do as we will places everything in flux as He is working all things together for the good for those that love Him.
    Say what?
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Oct '18 09:39
    @divegeester said
    Say what?
    He is always Good, Holy, Just, Righteous, Love without fail, He never is one without
    the others. He isn't just good, He isn't just love, He is always who He is without fail.
    You see Him throughout all of the scripture being Who He is. He is working out
    saving as many of as possible, because evil and wickedness will not being going
    forward from this life, and this life has only a short time left before it is done and
    that forever! If you look at just one of these things about God and ignore all the
    rest you will fail to understand, if you don't grasp His hate for evil and wickedness
    you will not understand the danger of remaining in these.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '18 11:151 edit
    @kellyjay said
    He is always Good, Holy, Just, Righteous, Love without fail, He never is one withoutthe others. He isn't just good, He isn't just love, He is always who He is without fail.
    Is Jesus being "who he is" showing "love without fail" "always good"...when he is in Hell personally overseeing the eternal torture of billions of the people he loved so much he died for them?
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Oct '18 11:22
    @divegeester said
    Is Jesus being "who he is" showing "love without fail" "always good"...when he is in Hell personally overseeing the eternal torture of billions of the people he loved so much he died for them?
    He is a Good, Holy, and Righteous God that will not over look sin. He never has and never will being consistent in His nature. Which is why God’s grace is so important, ignore is to neglect His great salvation to one’s own harm.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '18 11:24
    @kellyjay said
    He is a Good, Holy, and Righteous God that will not over look sin. He never has and never will being consistent in His nature. Which is why God’s grace is so important, ignore is to neglect His great salvation to one’s own harm.
    Never mind the church-speak furball; here is the question put to you. I'm looking for one of these claimed "honest answers" please...

8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Oct '18 11:54
    @divegeester said
    Never mind the church-speak furball; here is the question put to you. I'm looking for one of these claimed "honest answers" please...

Belittling me doesn’t change the Word of God or His Nature.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree