1. Joined
    29 May '06
    Moves
    08 Feb '07 12:15
    Not necessarily a faith in God but faith in anything, spiritual or otherwise. I gave up on the church a while ago and while I've become the black sheep of my overly religious family, it doesn't seem to me as though life has any less meaning without some kind of belief.

Comments?
  2. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Feb '07 14:021 edit
    you gave up on church but did you give up on god... i gave up on the church and on religion a long time, i dont believe in either, but i do believe there is a god... a non-religious god. i think - reading your post - you have answered your own question.

i have never not believed in anything so i dont know how that would feel... i think it helps to believe in something during low moments in your life... especially the death of a loved one, i think times like those it does help to believe we will see that person again
  3. Joined
    07 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Feb '07 20:28
    I find living for something outside of myself, makes my life something of value.

Even if i lived for my g-friend or wife... helping them would still be helping me.

That is my personal answer.
  4. Australia
    Moves
    08 Feb '07 23:00
    Living life for yourself is so much more rewarding than believing in something purely through blind faith. The only thing comparable to "blind faith" is watching reality tv and soap opera's. Each is a total waste of time, energy and a life, brainwashing you into thinking it's really worthwhile. I really don't care if anyone believes in god / religion, it's their life that will be wasted and not mine. Carry on praying, preaching and worshiping false entities........ I on the other hand will choose life, live life and help the world in my own way.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Feb '07 23:321 edit
    Originally posted by timebombted
    Living life for yourself is so much more rewarding than believing in something purely through blind faith. The only thing comparable to "blind faith" is watching reality tv and soap opera's. Each is a total waste of time, energy and a life, brainwashing you into thinking it's really worthwhile. I really don't care if anyone believes in god / religion, it ........ I on the other hand will choose life, live life and help the world in my own way.
    Amen to that! Pray for the success of Atheism.
  6. Joined
    29 May '06
    Moves
    09 Feb '07 08:521 edit
    Originally posted by timebombted
    Living life for yourself is so much more rewarding than believing in something purely through blind faith. The only thing comparable to "blind faith" is watching reality tv and soap opera's. Each is a total waste of time, energy and a life, brainwashing you into thinking it's really worthwhile. I really don't care if anyone believes in god / religion, it ........ I on the other hand will choose life, live life and help the world in my own way.
    Well said. I've seen people so over-zealous about their religion they make it seem like some kind of cult.
  7. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    09 Feb '07 17:513 edits
    Originally posted by D3vilBoy
    Not necessarily a faith in God but faith in anything, spiritual or otherwise. I gave up on the church a while ago and while I've become the black sheep of my overly religious family, it doesn't seem to me as though life has any less meaning without some kind of belief.

Comments?
    Becoming a Roman-Catholic and accepting God as my Creator, Savior and Lord has made my life more fullfilling.

Faith in God directs your path towards Him, it structures your thinking, your feelings, your actions, your stances and your life as a whole.

D3vilBoy: " ..... it doesn't seem to me as though life has any less meaning without some kind of belief."

You must be very young still and not tested by life yet. When the storm gathers in your life then faith, a direction to go, a reliable compass, will become necessary in order to find a permanent and lasting solution which will lead you to a happy, meaningful and fulfilling life.
  8. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 00:02

Comments?
    I believe life can be more meaningful without a faith. Many faiths have archaic, guilt-based beliefs; once those are gone, you are more free to really live.
  9. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 00:09

Comments?
    I will say that accepting Christ, you don't do it to live a better life.
    For one thing being a follower you get trials, tribulations, and persicutions. The reason for accepting Christ is to excape the wrath to come.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 04:181 edit

Comments?
    If you are a Christian, your focus should not be your family or your church, rather, your focus should be God. Do you love him? Have you ever asked Christ to come into your life? Have you ever had a relationship with him? I think you will find that wherever your heart is, that will be the direction of your life. So if you love other people or other things or yourself more than God, that will be your focus and the direction your life takes.
  11. Joined
    29 May '06
    Moves
    12 Feb '07 08:102 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    If you are a Christian, your focus should not be your family or your church, rather, your focus should be God. Do you love him? Have you ever asked Christ to come into your life? Have you ever had a relationship with him? I think you will find that wherever your heart is, that will be the direction of your life. So if you love other people or other things or yourself more than God, that will be your focus and the direction your life takes.
    I think a more accurate description of what my feelings towards God are would be this: I don't love/believe in Him as much as I aknowledge Him. I know He's there, working in His mysterious ways, but I never in my life have I felt an over-powering need to have a relationship with Him.
  12. CA, USA
    Moves
    12 Feb '07 08:28

Comments?
    No

Life is pain and suffering interrupted occasionally by a laugh.

Faith in anything is BS

Kill yourself ASAP
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '07 11:03
    I think a more accurate description of what my feelings towards God are would be this: I don't love/believe in Him as much as I aknowledge Him. I know He's there, working in His mysterious ways, but I never in my life have I felt an over-powering need to have a relationship with Him.
    Do you have the GPS LOCATIONS?

I'll let you in on a little secret of mine. Well, one of my friends wanted to find God(well Jesus actually), so he said he would go to Jerusalem to find Jesus. He went with another friend to Australia for a while and then after some time there he continued his journey alone. I havent heard back from him since but it's possible he may have found Jesus there.
  14. CA, USA
    Moves
    12 Feb '07 11:07

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

15. CA, USA
    Moves
    12 Feb '07 11:11
    Originally posted by IAI
    Do you have the GPS LOCATIONS?

I'll let you in on a little secret of mine. Well, one of my friends ...
    That's a lie.
    You don't have any friends.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree