1. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '07 11:16
    This was before I knew ignorant know-it-all scum.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '07 11:18
    Originally posted by jammer
    No

Life is pain and suffering interrupted occasionally by a laugh.

Faith in anything is BS

Kill yourself ASAP
    What you talking about anyway, cause you live by faith when you believe in yourself.
  3. Joined
    29 May '06
    Moves
    12 Feb '07 11:18
    Originally posted by IAI
    Do you have the GPS LOCATIONS?

I'll let you in on a little secret of mine. Well, one of my friends wanted to find God(well Jesus actually), so he said he would go to Jerusalem to find Jesus. He went with another friend to Australia for a while and then after some time there he continued his journey alone. I havent heard back from him since but it's possible he may have found Jesus there.
    Sorry, I don't have a gps location, but if I find it, I'll let you know. As for your friend, it's admirable what kind of devotion he displayed journeying to Jerusalem the way he did.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '07 11:22
    Originally posted by D3vilBoy
    Sorry, I don't have a gps location, but if I find it, I'll let you know. As for your friend, it's admirable what kind of devotion he displayed journeying to Jerusalem the way he did.
    Wow.. this place has changed.
  5. Joined
    29 May '06
    Moves
    12 Feb '07 11:29
    Originally posted by IAI
    Wow.. this place has changed.
    No, that's just me being high..
  6. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    14 Feb '07 02:071 edit
    Originally posted by timebombted
    Living life for yourself is so much more rewarding than believing in something purely through blind faith. The only thing comparable to "blind faith" is watching reality tv and soap opera's. Each is a total waste of time, energy and a life, brainwashing you into thinking it's really worthwhile. I really don't care if anyone believes in god / religion, it ........ I on the other hand will choose life, live life and help the world in my own way.
    Why exactly is it that people like you always describe faith as 'blind'?

Do you not think it's possible for a person to continue to have faith with their 'eyes' wide open to all the doubts, contradictions, failings of the religious establishment and so forth?

Just because YOU either couldn't or didn't want to manage it, doesn't mean that the rest of us aren't capable.
  7. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    14 Feb '07 03:16
    it is much less stressful to not worry about religion
  8. Australia
    Moves
    14 Feb '07 06:53
    Originally posted by orfeo

Do you not think it's possible for a person to continue to have faith with their 'eyes' wide open to all the doubts, contradictions, failings of the religious establishment and so forth?

Just because YOU either couldn't or didn't want to manage it, doesn't mean that the rest of us aren't capable.
    I refer to religion as blind faith because it is not tangible in my opinion.

People are allowed to have faith whether they are or are not aware of the doubts, contradictions and failings, but regardless of this the faith is still blind in my opinion (refer to above).

My level of management is irrelevant here.
  9. Standard memberUmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    Playing percussion
    Moves
    14 Feb '07 07:50
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    you gave up on church but did you give up on god... i gave up on the church and on religion a long time, i dont believe in either, but i do believe there is a god... a non-religious god. i think - reading your post - you have answered your own question.

i have never not believed in anything so i dont know how that would feel... i think it helps to bel ...[text shortened]... h of a loved one, i think times like those it does help to believe we will see that person again
    Somtimes it would be 'nice' to believe something, but I've never believed anything (at least for many years anyway) just because I would like to or the idea is comforting.

It is possible to make it through the lowest parts of your life anyway, even if all you have faith in is that no one will be there to help you out. Death sucks, being abandoned by friends when you are in need sucks, but no matter how bad things get, we can survive without having to have faith that some higher power will intervene or even care, or that there is anything after this life.
  10. Australia
    Moves
    15 Feb '07 00:18

With regards to your last comment it would seem that you are not even capable of managing / accepting your own life without having "blind faith" to fall back on and support your existence. This kind of attitude is weak minded and something I will never respect. Deal with life yourself and stop expecting faith to help you through everything when things get a little tough. Faith = placebo
  11. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    15 Feb '07 01:271 edit
    With regards to your last comment it would seem that you are not even capable of managing / accepting your own life without having "blind faith" to fall back on and support your existence. This kind of attitude is weak minded and something I will never respect. Deal with life yourself and stop expecting faith to help you through everything when things get a little tough. Faith = placebo
    How nice it must be, to be so totally self-reliant that you never have to place trust in anyone (that's all the word 'faith' means, after all).

You know everything you need to know. You can do everything you need to do. You don't need anyone.

No man is an island? HA! You cut off all the real links years ago.

Well done. You are totally self-sufficient. And therefore capable of being totally happy when you are utterly, deeply alone.

Enjoy your life. We don't have to care about it.

I especially don't have to care about whether your attitude arises from a lamentable lack of self-awareness or a breathtaking amount of pride.
  12. Australia
    Moves
    15 Feb '07 01:57
    How nice it must be, to be so totally self-reliant that you never have to place trust in anyone (that's all the word 'faith' means, after all).

You know everything you need to know. You can do everything you need to do. You don't need anyone.

No man is an island? HA! You cut off all the real links years ago.

Well done. You are totally self-suffic ...[text shortened]... ttitude arises from a lamentable lack of self-awareness or a breathtaking amount of pride.
    Since when did this discussion turn into needing anyone? and living life alone? It was about "faith" not whether I trust in the people I surround myself with in life. Stop moving the goal posts to meet your agenda / argument.

I suggested you deal with life yourself instead of expecting "blind faith" to fulfil, no one ever said deal with life entirely on your own..... If faith makes you happy, I find it sad that you need this non existent placebo to cling onto throughout your life.
  13. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    15 Feb '07 02:12
    Since when did this discussion turn into needing anyone? and living life alone? It was about "faith" not whether I trust in the people I surround myself with in life. Stop moving the goal posts to meet your agenda / argument.

I suggested you deal with life yourself instead of expecting "blind faith" to fulfil, no one ever said deal with life entirely ...[text shortened]... y, I find it sad that you need this non existent placebo to cling onto throughout your life.
    Since when?

I don't think you actually understand what the word 'faith' means.

Who or what I choose to place faith in as I deal with my life is my business. Why I've made those choices is my business.

To swan around asserting that there AREN'T any rational reasons for my choices, as you are doing, is what really pisses me off. So you don't believe God exists. Whoop-dee-doo. I've no idea whether you came to that conclusion after carefully considering the evidence for and against, or if you just leapt to it blindly. Well, I know that I carefully considered the issue over a considerable period, came to the conclusion that God DOES exist, and then subsequently came to the conclusion that the Bible is a pretty reliable description of God's character and behaviour.

If you're not capable of accepting that people can reach different conclusions to you on a topic, you are the worst kind of bigot.
  14. Australia
    Moves
    15 Feb '07 02:38
    Since when?

I don't think you actually understand what the word 'faith' means.

Who or what I choose to place faith in as I deal with my life is my business. Why I've made those choices is my business.

To swan around asserting that there AREN'T any rational reasons for my choices, as you are doing, is what really pisses me off. So you don't believe G ...[text shortened]... ple can reach different conclusions to you on a topic, you are the worst kind of bigot.
    I'm sorry, did I hit a nerve, turn to your "blind faith" let the placebo take effect to remove that pissed off feeling so that you can once again be fulfilled.

Of course I can accept people having different opinions than myself, but whats the point arguing that faith = trust when my point was clearly concerned with that. Calm down and we can continue until then I sign off.
  15. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    15 Feb '07 02:44
    I'm sorry, did I hit a nerve, turn to your "blind faith" let the placebo take effect to remove that pissed off feeling so that you can once again be fulfilled.
    Comments like that just reveal that you make no attempt to understand a point of view different to your own. My faith is not some panacea.

On the contrary, sometimes it makes life more difficult to deal with rather than less. For instance, there are things that WOULD remove the pissed off feeling - at least in the short term - that may be problematic for me because they would be contrary to my faith.

Such as hitting you with an extremely large blunt object.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree