1. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 16:19
    Originally posted by divegeester
    The Pope being the reincarnation of Peter?
    Can I have some of your weed?
  2. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 16:20
    No I didn't.
    Well you started this thread and said "Whilst the Roman Catholic Church is one of the biggest religions in the world in terms of cash and members it really does stretch Christian precepts and doctrine to the absolute ridiculous.

Transubstantiation?
    Purgatory?
    The Pope being the reincarnation of Peter?
    The Pope being the "Vicar of Christ" i.e. in place of Christ!
    Calling a priest "Father" (God is our Father)?
    Repetitive words in prayer using Rosary beads as a charm?
    Praying to Mary?
    Mary being the mediator between man and God (again in place of Christ)?
    Only the Catholic Church and specifically the Pope have the full revelation of God and his truth?
    Not to mention the silly fancy dress and hierarchical separation of the laity?

I'd say the Roman Catholic Church has nothing whatsoever to do with Christianity except in name.

Your thoughts?"

Then you said "Thank you for confirming my personal view.

However, you say you don't think the Catholic Church is the bearer of all of God's revealed truth, (your "no" to the penultimate question - which incidentaly were rhetorical, but never mind).

From where does other truth come to the laity then?" 😕
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 16:22
    So you are saying new truth can be revealed by other people from within the Catholic organisation, other than the Pope...Who?
    From what I understand the Pope makes all the calls... But I could be wrong.
  4. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 16:221 edit
    So you are saying new truth can be revealed by other people from within the Catholic organisation, other than the Pope...Who?
    No I'm saying The Bible shows revealed Truth, I'm not saying "new Truth", The Counsels WITH the Pope, explain The Truth. And also the priests are supposed to preach The Truth from the pulpit.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 16:31
    Originally posted by daniel58
    No I'm saying The Bible shows revealed Truth, I'm not saying "new Truth", The Counsels WITH the Pope, explain The Truth. And also the priests are supposed to preach The Truth from the pulpit.
    So there is no revealed truth other than what the leadership of the Roman Catholic Church says there is?

This was my question in my OP to which you replied "No". Which is it please Daniel, yes or no?
  6. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 16:34
    So there is no revealed truth other than what the leadership of the Roman Catholic Church says there is?

This was my question in my OP to which you replied "No". Which is it please Daniel, yes or no?
    Like I said The Bible, "revealed Truth" is kind of broad, Mary could appear to somebody and "reveal" a Truth. Hope this answers your question.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 16:431 edit
    Like I said The Bible, "revealed Truth" is kind of broad, Mary could appear to somebody and "reveal" a Truth. Hope this answers your question.
    Daniel, Mary is dead. She died many centuries ago and there is nothing ever in the Bible to show she's still alive and some kind of saint or messenger or prophet for the Catholic church. If she was supposed to be somebody were were to worship or pray thru then one of the writers of the Bible would have said so. Especially her son Jesus would have said something don't you think?
    Show me in the Bible that she is someone to put up on this exaulted position that the Catholics do?...
    And revieled truth is fine as long as it doesn't contridict the Bible. If it does, then one should question it's source.
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 17:05

From what I can tell this is source of the confusion with Daniel.

Your questions were formed somewhat ambiguously.

I believe Daniel interpreted your questions as asking if they are valid, though most would take it in context as asking if they are ridiculous which seems to have been your intent. .

For example
    "Transubstantiation?" was answered like "Is transubstantiation valid?"
  9. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 17:08
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Daniel, Mary is dead. She died many centuries ago and there is nothing ever in the Bible to show she's still alive and some kind of saint or messenger or prophet for the Catholic church. If she was supposed to be somebody were were to worship or pray thru then one of the writers of the Bible would have said so. Especially her son Jesus would have said s ...[text shortened]... s long as it doesn't contridict the Bible. If it does, then one should question it's source.
    No one said anything thing about worship.

http://www.answers2prayer.org/bible_questions/Answers/mary/mary.html
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 17:14
    No one said anything thing about worship.

http://www.answers2prayer.org/bible_questions/Answers/mary/mary.html
    Do you "pray to her" or thru her as you would thru Jesus.
  11. Pepperland
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 17:16
    Daniel, Mary is dead. She died many centuries ago and there is nothing ever in the Bible to show she's still alive and some kind of saint or messenger or prophet for the Catholic church. If she was supposed to be somebody were were to worship or pray thru then one of the writers of the Bible would have said so. Especially her son Jesus would have said s ...[text shortened]... s long as it doesn't contridict the Bible. If it does, then one should question it's source.
    what about the several apparitions and all that kind of stuff?

just because it isn't in the bible it isn't real?
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 17:18
    Originally posted by generalissimo

Real in what way?
  13. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 17:19
    Do you "pray to her" or thru her as you would thru Jesus.
    I pray to her, and she prays to God for me. I wouldn't pray thru Jesus but to Him.
  14. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 17:20
    Originally posted by generalissimo

Exactly.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Sep '09 17:381 edit
    I pray to her, and she prays to God for me. I wouldn't pray thru Jesus but to Him.
    Wow...how can that be. John 14: 6,14. Matt 6:9. Rom 8:34 & 15:30. Heb 7:25, all say different. How is praying thru anyone else not a direct conflict with this?
    No man, including the Pope has any right to change and totally disreguard any scriptures in the Bible, especially ones so clear as these.
    The Bible does not contridict itself and it sure is not up to us to do that.....A really bad thing to do but the Catholics seem to think it's ok.
    So tell me what do you do with scriptures like these that completely show the wrongness of your beliefs? Just ignor them?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree