1. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    03 Oct '15 21:37
    http://www.thedailymail.co.uk/news/article-3258644/Polish-priest-outs-gay-partner-immediately-SACKED-Vatican-officials.html

    "Polish priest outs himself as gay with his partner and is immediately SACKED by Vatican officials"
    --Imogen Calderwood (3 October 2015)

    "It is time for the Church to open its eyes about gay Catholics and to
    understand that the solution it proposes to them--total abstinence from
    a life of love--is inhuman. I know that I will have to give up my ministry
    which is my whole life. I know that the Church will see me as someone
    who did not know how to fulfill his duty (to remain chaste), who is lost
    and who is not even with a woman but with a man!"
    --Krzystof Charasma (a high-ranking Catholic priest until recently)

    If you had to choose between rejecting your domestic partner (man or woman)
    and leaving your church, what would you do?
  2. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    03 Oct '15 21:49
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    http://www.thedailymail.co.uk/news/article-3258644/Polish-priest-outs-gay-partner-immediately-SACKED-Vatican-officials.html

    "Polish priest outs himself as gay with his partner and is immediately SACKED by Vatican officials"
    --Imogen Calderwood (3 October 2015)

    "It is time for the Church to open its eyes about gay Catholics and to
    understand that t ...[text shortened]... ween rejecting your domestic partner (man or woman)
    and leaving your church, what would you do?
    The church may ask this, but the bible does not.
  3. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    03 Oct '15 22:07
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    The church may ask this, but the bible does not.
    So do you (Checkbaiter) believe that all gay/lesbian people should leave the Catholic Church
    and find a Christian church that's more accepting of them being openly gay/lesbian?
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91531
    03 Oct '15 22:10
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    http://www.thedailymail.co.uk/news/article-3258644/Polish-priest-outs-gay-partner-immediately-SACKED-Vatican-officials.html

    "Polish priest outs himself as gay with his partner and is immediately SACKED by Vatican officials"
    --Imogen Calderwood (3 October 2015)

    "It is time for the Church to open its eyes about gay Catholics and to
    understand that t ...[text shortened]... ween rejecting your domestic partner (man or woman)
    and leaving your church, what would you do?
    leave my partner - she'd understand
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86307
    03 Oct '15 22:14
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    http://www.thedailymail.co.uk/news/article-3258644/Polish-priest-outs-gay-partner-immediately-SACKED-Vatican-officials.html

    "Polish priest outs himself as gay with his partner and is immediately SACKED by Vatican officials"
    --Imogen Calderwood (3 October 2015)

    "It is time for the Church to open its eyes about gay Catholics and to
    understand that t ...[text shortened]... ween rejecting your domestic partner (man or woman)
    and leaving your church, what would you do?
    Do you think the Catholic Church becoming more tolerant of gay people?
  6. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    04 Oct '15 20:30
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    leave my partner - she'd understand
    You (Karoly Aczel) seem blessed to such have an understanding partner!

    I wonder how many happily married men have discovered a compelling religious calling
    and decided to become Catholic priests?
  7. Mar-a-Lago
    Joined
    02 Aug '11
    Moves
    8823
    11 Oct '15 14:29
    Many priests are gay
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91531
    12 Oct '15 19:59
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    You (Karoly Aczel) seem blessed to such have an understanding partner!

    I wonder how many happily married men have discovered a compelling religious calling
    and decided to become Catholic priests?
    bit of a misunderstanding my on behalf.
    I thought you meant denounce my spirituality.
    my partner would understand-if i had one
  9. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    320
    13 Oct '15 21:411 edit
    Originally posted by Captain Strange
    Many priests are gay
    Maybe they don't remember the lesson of Sodom and Gomorrah
    (Genesis 19:4, 5) Before they could lie down to sleep, the men of the city—the men of Sodʹom from boy to old man, all of them—surrounded the house in one mob. 5 And they kept calling out to Lot and saying to him: “Where are the men who came in to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we may have sex with them.”
    (Genesis 19:13) For we (the two angels) are going to destroy this place, because the outcry against them has indeed grown great before Jehovah, so that Jehovah sent us to destroy the city.”
    So, we all have a choice but not all choices are good.
  10. Mar-a-Lago
    Joined
    02 Aug '11
    Moves
    8823
    13 Oct '15 23:18
    Originally posted by roigam
    Maybe they don't remember the lesson of Sodom and Gomorrah
    (Genesis 19:4, 5) Before they could lie down to sleep, the men of the city—the men of Sodʹom from boy to old man, all of them—surrounded the house in one mob. 5 And they kept calling out to Lot and saying to him: “Where are the men who came in to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we may have ...[text shortened]... at Jehovah sent us to destroy the city.”
    So, we all have a choice but not all choices are good.
    It happened a long time ago.
  11. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    13 Oct '15 23:36
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    So do you (Checkbaiter) believe that all gay/lesbian people should leave the Catholic Church
    and find a Christian church that's more accepting of them being openly gay/lesbian?
    First of all, I don't like the term Gay. It is an abuse of the English language.
    Let's call a spade a spade shall we? You mean homosexual and Lesbian.

    No, the church or any church should accept them. They are people first.
    God loves people, all people. Their behavior is another matter.
    I believe if homosexuals get to really know the Lord Jesus, it will transform their lives dramatically. They would become born again believers, thankful and joyful.
    They will see the error of their ways and let Jesus transform their lustful behavior into what God intended in the first place.
    One of the biggest problems is their are far to many churches preaching their own dogma but with no real faith and power of God..
  12. Mar-a-Lago
    Joined
    02 Aug '11
    Moves
    8823
    14 Oct '15 12:10
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    First of all, I don't like the term Gay. It is an abuse of the English language.
    Let's call a spade a spade shall we? You mean homosexual and Lesbian.

    No, the church or any church [b]should
    accept them. They are people first.
    God loves people, all people. Their behavior is another matter.
    I believe if homosexuals get to really know the Lord Je ...[text shortened]... eir are far to many churches preaching their own dogma but with no real faith and power of God..[/b]
    We have been through all the convert gays back to normal stuff with pastor (pasta) Hinds
  13. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    320
    14 Oct '15 22:141 edit
    Originally posted by Captain Strange
    It happened a long time ago.
    Yes, but God's moral standards have not changed.
    (Malachi 3:6) “For I am Jehovah; I do not change.
    Jehovah holds Christians to the same standard.
    (1 Corinthians 6:9) Or do you not know that unrighteous people will not inherit God’s Kingdom? Do not be misled. Those who are "sexually immoral", idolaters, "adulterers", .....men who submit to homosexual acts, men who practice homosexuality....., 10 thieves, greedy people, drunkards, revilers, and extortioners will not inherit God’s Kingdom.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    8508
    15 Oct '15 10:01
    Originally posted by roigam
    Yes, but God's moral standards have not changed.
    (Malachi 3:6) “For I am Jehovah; I do not change.
    Jehovah holds Christians to the same standard.
    (1 Corinthians 6:9) Or do you not know that unrighteous people will not inherit God’s Kingdom? Do not be misled. Those who are "sexually immoral", idolaters, "adulterers", .....men who submit to homosexual acts, ...[text shortened]... 10 thieves, greedy people, drunkards, revilers, and extortioners will not inherit God’s Kingdom.
    'For the LORD your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God.' (Deuteronomy 4:24)

    If God is unchanging, does that mean he remains the jealous God portrayed in Old Testament? And as God holds Christians to the same standard, are Christians also required to emulate divine jealousy?
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52613
    15 Oct '15 18:54
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    'For the LORD your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God.' (Deuteronomy 4:24)

    If God is unchanging, does that mean he remains the jealous God portrayed in Old Testament? And as God holds Christians to the same standard, are Christians also required to emulate divine jealousy?
    I can't wait to hear the answer to THAT one🙂
Back to Top