1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    09 Oct '08 18:02
    Originally posted by whodey
    Just a question for all of you out there regardless of your religious persuasion. In regards to most every Christian I talk to in my inner circles, there is a resounding "yes". In fact, it is accepted more as a fact than a mere possibility.

In addition, if the "end" is near, what is the end in your estimation. If I am not mistaken every religion deals w ...[text shortened]... so, for you atheists out there, do you see mankind ending as a species in the near future?
    This depends on your point of view a bit. I mean for some the second coming of Christ is "the end". To others it is the beginning.
  2. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    09 Oct '08 21:32
    Why are you so fearful?
    I'm fearful of these people having positions of power or influence. I'm fearful of the state of what this tells us about the state of rational discourse and thought.
  3. weedhopper
    Moves
    10 Oct '08 06:241 edit
    Originally posted by amannion
    I'm fearful of these people having positions of power or influence. I'm fearful of the state of what this tells us about the state of rational discourse and thought.
    We've had a succession of 43 Christian presidents, and for over 200 years, everything has been pretty good. So I don't feel a bit "fearful" that our leaders believe in God.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Oct '08 10:52
    Originally posted by jaywill
    This depends on your point of view a bit. I mean for some the second coming of Christ is "the end". To others it is [b]the beginning.[/b]
    Indeed!! 😀
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Oct '08 10:551 edit
    Originally posted by amannion
    I think your concern should be if they have rational discourse and thought in general. If they do, we should not have a problem. If they do not, we will have problems no matter their beliefs.

I think that Islam also has apocalyptic scenarios as well, therefore, I think we have more to fear from the current leadership that is screaming in Iran that there was no holocaust and that Israel should be wiped off the map. Sound rational to you?
  6. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    10 Oct '08 11:04
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    We've had a succession of 43 Christian presidents, and for over 200 years, everything has been pretty good. So I don't feel a bit "fearful" that our leaders believe in God.
    Nixon was a Christian?
  7. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    10 Oct '08 11:04
    Just a question for all of you out there regardless of your religious persuasion. In regards to most every Christian I talk to in my inner circles, there is a resounding "yes". In fact, it is accepted more as a fact than a mere possibility.

In addition, if the "end" is near, what is the end in your estimation. If I am not mistaken every religion deals w ...[text shortened]... so, for you atheists out there, do you see mankind ending as a species in the near future?
    Very few people in my country (officially more than 95% Catholic) believe the end is near. In fact, those that do are seen as mentally deranged.
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    10 Oct '08 11:05
    I think your concern should be if they have rational discourse and thought in general. If they do, we should not have a problem. If they do not, we will have problems no matter their beliefs.

I think that Islam also has apocalyptic scenarios as well, therefore, I think we have more to fear from the current leadership that is screaming in Iran that there was no holocaust and that Israel should be wiped off the map. Sound rational to you?
    Even Judaism is apocalyptic, isn't it?

So in all three teistic branches there are apocalyptic movements. Doesn't that say something about religion as a whole?

The only apocapyls that can be man-made is nuclear weapons. Every nation who possess nuclear weapons are therefore dangerous for humankind. And only one has actually used it to people, and that is a christian country. They can, and will, use it again, that's my prophecy.
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 Oct '08 12:46
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    If the behavior of American presidents was typical Christian behavior I would be terrified (of Christians).
    As for your "pretty good" I hear that many of your fellow citizens do not agree.
  10. cube# 6484
    Moves
    10 Oct '08 14:12
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    If the behavior of American presidents was typical Christian behavior I would be terrified (of Christians).
    As for your "pretty good" I hear that many of your fellow citizens do not agree.
    and there are millions of immigrants flocking to Zambia...right?
  11. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    10 Oct '08 14:44
    Originally posted by NimzovichLarsen
    and there are millions of immigrants flocking to Zambia...right?
    http://www.migrationinformation.org/datahub/charts/6.2.shtml
  12. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    13 Oct '08 11:08

Jesus warned his followers NOT to try to predict when the end times are. That's good enough for me.
    😏
  13. Joined
    05 Aug '08
    Moves
    13 Oct '08 15:39
    Also, for you atheists out there, do you see mankind ending as a species in the near future?
    No. But we are faced with some serious challenges in the near future.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree