Is the trinity pagan ?

Is the trinity pagan ?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
04 Sep 12

Originally posted by galveston75
In the Encyclopedia of Religion we read the following, »[...] … Theologians agree that the New Testament also does not contain an explicit doctrine of the Trinity.«

The Jesuit Edmund Fortman states in his book »The Triune God«, »The New Testament writers … give us no formal or formulated doctrine of the Trinity, no explicit teaching that in one God th ...[text shortened]... Greek Fathers, who … were much influenced, directly or indirectly, by the Platonic philosophy.«
What about Catholic theologians?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
04 Sep 12

Originally posted by FMF
What about Catholic theologians?
I have no idea what they would all say. Maybe you can research that for us?

F

Moves
04 Sep 12

You "have no idea what" Catholic theologians would say? Are you being honest here?

You quoted something saying "Theologians agree that..." there is no 'Trinity'.

Are Catholic theologians not "theologians"?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Sep 12

You guys really should read these and do some research.....

In the Encyclopedia of Religion we read the following, »Theologians today are in agreement that the Hebrew Bible does not contain a doctrine of the Trinity. … Theologians agree that the New Testament also does not contain an explicit doctrine of the Trinity.«

The Jesuit Edmund Fortman s ...[text shortened]... Greek Fathers, who … were much influenced, directly or indirectly, by the Platonic philosophy.«
The Doctrines and creeds were written after the Holy Bible to give definitions and explain the teachings of Christianity in order to fight against the false teachings or heresies that were coming into the Church. They are not in the Holy Bible, but are a supplement to the Holy Bible to keep Christians on the straight and narrow way proclaimed by our Lord and Savior, Christ Jesus. They are still useful today to fight against heresies such as the old Arian heresy proclaimed by the Watchtower society.

http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/hardtruth/jws_watchtower_exposed.htm

rc

Moves
04 Sep 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
I have already discussed Jason BeDuhn's bias for the NWY before. Enough said.
I see, you have nothing, figures, hard to reason with truth, isn't it.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
04 Sep 12

Originally posted by Suzianne
Bass players still read music, no matter what other foul habits they maintain. πŸ˜‰
Ahem, i can read music, i'm not called Proper - BA(Hons) Popular Music and Recording - Knob for nothing. In fact i'm doing a little classical piano practice at this very moment. πŸ™‚

F

Moves
04 Sep 12

On page 19 of this thread you said:

"Well believe it or not I do read liturature from many sources just as the WTS does. Maybe this is how we do know what other religions believe?"

And yet now here you are claiming to "have no idea what" Catholics believe in terms of the trinity?

In which post were you being 'economical with the truth'? One or the other.

rc

Moves
04 Sep 12
1 edit

The Doctrines and creeds were written after the Holy Bible to give definitions and explain the teachings of Christianity in order to fight against the false teachings or heresies that were coming into the Church. They are not in the Holy Bible, but are a supplement to the Holy Bible to keep Christians on the straight and narrow way proclaimed by our Lord an ...[text shortened]... Watchtower society.

http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/hardtruth/jws_watchtower_exposed.htm
(Matthew 15:7-9) . . .You hypocrites, Isaiah aptly prophesied about you, when he said,
 ‘This people honours me with their lips, yet their heart is far removed from me.  It is in
vain that they keep worshipping me, because they teach commands of men as
doctrines.’”

praise da lord, hallelujah

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Sep 12

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Ahem, i can read music, i'm not called Proper - BA(Hons) Popular Music and Recording - Knob for nothing. In fact i'm doing a little classical piano practice at this very moment. πŸ™‚
You are very talented to be able to practice classical piano and post on RHP at the same time. Bravo!

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Sep 12
3 edits

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
(Matthew 15:7-9) . . .You hypocrites, Isaiah aptly prophesied about you, when he said,
 ‘This people honours me with their lips, yet their heart is far removed from me.  It is in
vain that they keep worshipping me, [b]because they teach commands of men as
doctrines.’”

praise da lord, hallelujah[/b]
Read the whole thing. He was talking about the Pharisees and scribes, Spanky!

Then the scribes and Pharisees who were from Jerusalem came to Jesus, saying, “Why do Your disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? For they do not wash their hands when they eat bread.”
(Matthew 15:1-2 NKJV)

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!

rc

Moves
04 Sep 12

Read the whole thing. He was talking about the Pharisees and scribes, Spanky!

[b]Then the scribes and Pharisees who were from Jerusalem came to Jesus, saying, “Why do Your disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? For they do not wash their hands when they eat bread.”

(Matthew 15:1-2 NKJV)

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy![/b]
The clergy of Christendom are modern day Pharisees and scribes, spanklhinds!

rc

Moves
04 Sep 12
2 edits

Originally posted by Proper Knob
I am in the process of inventing a new genre, acid metal, it takes house beats and
merges them with metal riffs, a bit like acid jazz does with traditional jazz tunes. I got
my EMU 1616m up and running again along with adobe audition and it should only be a
matter of time before I record some tracks and let them loose of the www. This time I
am recording with microphone (Rhode) rather than direct and i cannot believe the
difference in sound dynamics.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Sep 12

I am getting too tired to worry about it.
Well that's not very "stand up christian soldiers" of you.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Sep 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
The clergy of Christendom are modern day Pharisees and scribes, spanklhinds!
Yes, I agree that there are some of those, but not the Church fathers. We should listen to the church fathers because they were closest to the knowledge passed on by the spostles.

I just threw that Spanky in there for fun. I do not mean any disrespect by it. However, it woud be nice if you stopped taking things out of context and then quoting it to back up a false belief from the watchtower.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Sep 12

Originally posted by divegeester
Well that's not very "stand up christian soldiers" of you.
Even Christian soldiers get tired and must sleep to recover to fight another day. 😏