1. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 14:43
    god is supposed to be the all-being and all-knowing. If hes so great and modest why does he let people praise him with craziness. If there is a god i dont think he is as good as people make him seem.
  2. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 14:45
    Originally posted by lilnicky123
    god is supposed to be the all-being and all-knowing. If hes so great and modest why does he let people praise him with craziness. If there is a god i dont think he is as good as people make him seem.
    Welcome to the Rumble Pit of this ongoing conversation, my friend. Pick a thread, any thread to debate your question there.

Happy hunting, enjoy 😀
  3. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 14:48
    Short answer? Maybe.
  4. Standard memberAlcra
    Lazy Sod
    Everywhere
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 14:58
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Short answer? Maybe.
    shortER answer? No
  5. Standard memberwib
    Stay outta my biznez
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 15:02
    If there is a God, he's one hell of an underachiever.

My apologies to Woody Allen for stealing and mangling his line.

6. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 15:22
    Originally posted by wib

Hmmm... Woody's a genius. I watched Manhattan again yesterday while I was all laid out. Favourite line: "You look so beautiful I can hardly keep my eyes on the meter."
  7. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 15:58
    Originally posted by wib

Elaborate. And I'd like to know your basis for claiming this. Show me your universe.
  8. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 15:591 edit
    Tell me, if He were less good, what would be His motivation for making you?
  9. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 15:59
    Originally posted by Alcra
    shortER answer? No
    Please provide us with a link to the experiment you conducted to prove this, and of the scholarly essay which has been peer-reviewed. Thanks beforehand.
  10. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 16:05
    Originally posted by Darfius
    Elaborate. And I'd like to know your basis for claiming this. Show me your universe.
    Tell me a joke, Darfius. I want to see what your sense of humour is like... If you don't mind...
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 16:06
    Please provide us with a link to the experiment you conducted to prove this, and of the scholarly essay which has been peer-reviewed. Thanks beforehand.
    Darfius, is there a God?
  12. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 16:121 edit
    Tell me a joke, Darfius. I want to see what your sense of humour is like... If you don't mind...
    I am incapable of joking about a God who entered this world and suffered excruciating (word made for the pain he endured) pain and death for love of me. Just want to explain why I rarely do here.

In other matters, I'm pretty funny.

Five presidents are on a plane. George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson, Bill Clinton and George W. Bush.

George Washington says, "I'll make someone happy!" and throws a dollar bill off the plane.

Then Abraham Lincoln says, "I'll make five people happy!" and throws 5 one dollar bills off the plane.

Then Thomas Jefferson says, "I'll make 500 people happy!" and throws 500 one dollar bills off the plane.

Then George W. Bush says, "I'll make the whole world happy!" and throws Bill Clinton off the plane.
  13. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 16:14
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Darfius, is there a God?
    Most assuredly, ATY.
  14. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 16:26
    I am incapable of joking about a God who entered this world and suffered excruciating (word made for the pain he endured) pain and death for love of me. Just want to explain why I rarely do here.

In other matters, I'm pretty funny.

Five presidents are on a plane. George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson, Bill Clinton and George W. Bush ...[text shortened]... rge W. Bush says, "I'll make the whole world happy!" and throws Bill Clinton off the plane.
    Not bad, except you should reverse the order in which you use Dubya and Clinton in that joke and it would probably go over much better...

Jokes about God aren't so bad, Darfius. Especially if it's a Woody Allen joke. Did you not get the joke and thought wib was being serious or were you just chastising him for making a religious quip?

Think about it, Dude. God (or Christ) may have suffered here on Earth for a relatively infinitesimal fraction of time, but mostly he's completely omnipotent, all-powerful and dwells in a supposed paradise in the sky. He's got it good and I'm sure he won't mind a few jokes here and there...
  15. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 16:38
    Not bad, except you should reverse the order in which you use Dubya and Clinton in that joke and it would probably go over much better...

Jokes about God aren't so bad, Darfius. Especially if it's a Woody Allen joke. Did you not get the joke and thought wib was being serious or were you just chastising him for making a religious quip?

Think about i ...[text shortened]... radise in the sky. He's got it good and I'm sure he won't mind a few jokes here and there...
    I'm Republican.

He lived 33 years. That's not really infinitesimal. And I honestly cannot think of a person who suffered a more horrible death.

And He suffers everytime you or anyone else rejects Him when His handiwork is all around you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree