1. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    01 Jun '16 17:441 edit
    This question is open to all religions and belief systems or (simply beliefs). What hope does your religion/beliefs hold for mankind?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Jun '16 17:48
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    This question is open to all religions and belief systems. What hope does your religion/beliefs hold for mankind?
    It is inevitable that Jesus of Nazareth be completely, totally, and universally vindicated.
    So there is hope for mankind.

This hope is stronger and more stable than the physcial universe itself. The universe will wear out before this hope dies.

" Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words shall by no means pass away." (Matt. 24:35)
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Jun '16 17:50
    This question is open to all religions and belief systems. What hope does your religion/beliefs hold for mankind?
    As atheism is neither a religion or belief system, is this question not open to us?
  4. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    01 Jun '16 17:541 edit
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    As atheism is neither a religion or belief system, is this question not open to us?
    Nice cop out. Does atheism hold any hope for mankind?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Jun '16 17:56
    You can say its bias but i really do think that we (Jehovahs witnesses) have the most beautiful message out of all religions. The earth will become a paradise as God intended originally. Mankind will eventually be free from sin and thus death, mourning and disease will be no more, peaceful loving people will be able to live forever on this restored paradise using their minds and talents to the full.
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Jun '16 18:15
    Come sir, the cop out is to lazily lump atheists into the category of 'belief system' despite being told frequently (by atheists) that their atheism is not a belief system but solely an absence of God in their lives.

Even your follow up question of 'Does atheism hold any hope for mankind?' is a continuation of your misunderstanding, as again, 'atheism' is no more than a Godless existence. I could answer your question if you like, as to whether 'I personally' hold any hope for mankind, but this will have nothing to do with my atheism. (And you will find,due to atheism not being a belief system, that different atheists will provide different answers to your question).
  7. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    01 Jun '16 18:17
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Come sir, the cop out is to lazily lump atheists into the category of 'belief system' despite being told frequently (by atheists) that their atheism is not a belief system but solely an absence of God in their lives.

Even your follow up question of 'Does atheism hold any hope for mankind?' is a continuation of your misunderstanding, as again, 'ath ...[text shortened]... being a belief system, that different atheists will provide different answers to your question).
    I have edited the OP. Does your lack of belief in God provide any hope for mankind?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Jun '16 18:302 edits

Some. Surprise !

Atheism can help Christians really examine their practices and beliefs.

Look at Christopher Hitchens, a militant atheist, when speaking to Christian audiences. Many times they listen quite intently. They listen intently because they know in SOME points he has a valid argument.

To the degree that Christians can listen to some atheists and re-examine parts of their practices which may be legitimately called offensive and a nuisance to society being misrepresentation of the life of Christ, their criticisms have some limited use.

For that reason I would say indirectly, atheism contributes to some hope for mankind.
    If the church were normal in every respect, such indirect benefit would not be necessary.

But I speak of what is normal and not what is average.
  9. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    01 Jun '16 18:39
    Originally posted by sonship

Some. Surprise !

Atheism can help Christians really examine their practices and beliefs.

Look at Christopher Hitchens, a militant atheist, when speaking to Christian audiences. Many times they listen quite intently. They listen intently because they know in SOME points ...[text shortened]... irect benefit would not be necessary.

But I speak of what is normal and not what is average.
    Good point. But I wonder does atheism hold any hope for atheists?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Jun '16 19:012 edits
    Good point. But I wonder does atheism hold any hope for atheists?
    Today I saw a YouTube in which a sassy Atheist woman was asked what would she ask God if it turned out to her on judgment day that she was wrong about His nonexistence. She thought for a moment and said she would ask God if He could obtain for her Satan's autograph.

If your desire is really not to have anything to do with God, sure, Atheism will offer you that hope.

However, God knowing all things, has already informed man about that hope. He says basically - "You can hope for this, having nothing to do with God, if you really wish. But you're not going to enjoy that existence."
  11. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    01 Jun '16 19:09
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    You can say its bias but i really do think that we (Jehovahs witnesses) have the most beautiful message out of all religions. The earth will become a paradise as God intended originally. Mankind will eventually be free from sin and thus death, mourning and disease will be no more, peaceful loving people will be able to live forever on this restored paradise using their minds and talents to the full.
    In addition:
    (John 5:28, 29) Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice 29 and come out,
    We are the only religion (to my knowledge) that points out the Earthly resurrection hope
    for all mankind to that Paradise condition that will exist.
    (Luke 23:43) And he said to him: “Truly I tell you today, you will be with me in Paradise.”
  12. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    01 Jun '16 19:181 edit
    This question is open to all religions and belief systems or (simply beliefs). What hope does your religion/beliefs hold for mankind?
    Let me rephrase this: Outside of the death and resurrection of Jesus, is there any other hope for mankind?
  13. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    01 Jun '16 19:201 edit
    Let me rephrase this: Outside of the death and resurrection of Jesus, is there any hope for mankind?
    No.
    (Acts 4:12) Furthermore, there is no salvation in anyone else, for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved.”
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Jun '16 19:24
    Originally posted by roigam
    In addition:
    (John 5:28, 29) Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice 29 and come out,
    We are the only religion (to my knowledge) that points out the Earthly resurrection hope
    for all mankind to that Paradise condition that will exist.
    (Luke 23:43) And he said to him: “Truly I tell you today, you will be with me in Paradise.”
    Yes I think the problem was when Christianity adopted Platonic philosophical concepts which stated that the spiritual realm was the only real world and that the 'soul', was trapped inside the body. This has manifested itself in a kind of 'pie in the sky' religious outlook. Correct me if I am wrong but are Jehovahs witnesses not the only religion that teaches that some so called 'soul', does not transcend death?
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    01 Jun '16 20:42
    I don't even understand the question!

What does "hope for mankind" mean?

What is it that we might be hoping for?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree