Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    No.
    So you say, why should I believe you?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jun '16 07:38
    Originally posted by roigam
    Noone was paid to bring the Bible up to date according to the latest finds by

Biblical archaeologists and scholars.

JW s are the only ones who truly praise our Universal Sovereign by holding sacred His

Name as Jesus said we should do.
    Why don't you call yourselves YHWH witnesses then? Especially as the letter J does not exist in Hebrew.

Also, why don't you follow the New Testament pattern as depicted by the apostles of baptism in Jesus name?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jun '16 07:39
    Originally posted by roigam
    Why would God let the mess we make here on Earth go out to any other world? It would just contaminate them too.
    Scripture indicates that the whole of creation is under the Adamic curse.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    12 Jun '16 09:16
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    So you say, why should I believe you?
    Acumen.
  5. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    12 Jun '16 09:49
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Acumen.
    You are making a lot of sense as usual.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Jun '16 17:32
    Nice cop out. Does atheism hold any hope for mankind?
    It seems all our forebears all became extinct, every one. It is certain mankind at some point in the future, perhaps far future, will also become extinct. The main question is whether or not we bring it upon ourselves by totally screwing up the planet.

Of course if that happens, Earth won't mourne, even if we manage to kill off 90% of all life on Earth including ourselves, something else will replace us in some number of millions of years down the pike.

I imagine if Earth had a mind it would say 'good riddance'.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Jun '16 21:05
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    None whatsoever, unless they receive Jesus Christ, the world will eventually be destroyed.
    Yep. That's it!

You know you can learn something new, something totally original and brilliant.
    And this is by far the most inspirational and straightforward answer ... wow 😉
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Jun '16 21:11
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Not blithly accept, but chose your battles.

Yeah I may have a penis but if I could be a feminist I would be

Oh, and I call most service providers,like nurses "love" usually.

I'm just saying if the use of "mankind" is the only issue you have with equality, then it's pretty equal. which it's not.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Jun '16 21:15
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Oh I already answered, but to continue...

I guess I just like being written up in the third person, with capitals an' all, by a fine female.
    Small point. I should have let it go.

You're right, and yet such a small point.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Jun '16 03:23
    Good point. But I wonder does atheism hold any hope for atheists?
    I think the hope for atheists is some sort of world order where everyone can be made to behave.

Left wingers like this often refer to our "collective salvation". It is not so much a personal salvation as it is a means to extend the existence of humanity.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jun '16 05:341 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    Left wingers like this often refer to our "collective salvation". It is not so much a personal salvation as it is a means to extend the existence of humanity.
    I think you often stumble because of the smug jaundice of your own ideology, regardless of what "wing" you might think it comes from or which "wing" you believe it pitches itself against.

Clearly there are challenges faced by humanity that require concerted and collective action. This has been true for as long as humans have existed.

If your theism has robbed you of the hope - or an understanding of the hope - "to extend the existence of humanity" and if your subscription to some brand or other of retail politics has relieved you - personally - of this basic facet of our common humanity, then you and your outlook should be pitied, rather than emulated.

I don't think pointing this out to you is either "left wing" or "right wing".
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jun '16 05:37
    I think the hope for atheists is some sort of world order where everyone can be made to behave.
    Surely the hope for theists ~ for millennia ~ has been some sort of world order where everyone can be made to behave, too?
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Jun '16 12:07
    Originally posted by FMF
    Surely the hope for [b]theists ~ for millennia ~ has been some sort of world order where everyone can be made to behave, too?[/b]
    There will be. The only difference is, you think that your world utopia can be brought through "democracy" to put things right and I believe the only way to achieve it is for God himself to come to earth and put things right.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Jun '16 12:34
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Not blithly accept, but chose your battles.

Yeah I may have a penis but if I could be a feminist I would be

Oh, and I call most service providers,like nurses "love" usually.

I'm just saying if the use of "mankind" is the only issue you have with equality, then it's pretty equal. which it's not.
    I sort of agree with this, and I've said so to googlefudge.

Feminism really does have bigger fish to fry than worrying about language.

When the glass ceiling still exists, I find it insulting when all people want to do about it is argue over what to call it. Action is still louder than words.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Jun '16 12:36

Is it really beyond your ken to think that there may be liberal Christians out there?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree