1. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jun '16 11:57
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    So now the JWs have their own entire religion, untainted by those infidels, the Christians? I always suspected they thought as much.
    If you can think of a more beautiful hope for mankind then feel free to express it, I know of none.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Jun '16 12:00
    Originally posted by FMF
    I would concur and add the hope that more and more people can take more control of their lives and enjoy more security and stability through improved health and access to quality education, justice and human rights.
    Exactly how long might you think it will take for a majority of the world's population to have these things?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Jun '16 12:051 edit
    Exactly how long might you think it will take for a majority of the world's population to have these things?
    It's happening apace as we speak. The process is the thing. People working towards it gives hope. Don't worry, the world is not about to end ~ as you'd have us believe ~ so it's not as if all these processes must run their course in your lifetime. You asking "exactly" how long it will take seems a bit strange. It'd be like asking you 'when "exactly" will the world end?'
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jun '16 20:27

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jun '16 21:13
    Originally posted by FMF
    It's happening apace as we speak. The process is the thing. People working towards it gives hope. Don't worry, the world is not about to end ~ as you'd have us believe ~ so it's not as if all these processes must run their course in your lifetime. You asking "exactly" how long it will take seems a bit strange. It'd be like asking you 'when "exactly" will the world end?'
    Would it be fair to state that you are a humanist FMF?
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    02 Jun '16 21:27
    This is like asking, "Aside from its use in dark places, is there any use for the light bulb?"
    Not really because we can all agree that "dark places" and "light-bulbs" exist.

It is more like asking "Aside from guarding the Fairy Palace, is there any use for armed pixies?"
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Jun '16 01:04
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    I don't even understand the question!

What does "hope for mankind" mean?

What is it that we might be hoping for?
    Hope doesn't even enter the equation when one has insight.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Jun '16 01:06
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    "womankind".... really? does this deliberate misunderstanding of 'mankind' really advance any feminist issue you may be bringing up here?
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Jun '16 01:12
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    If dying was natural we would welcome it and rejoice, no one rejoices about having to lose a loved one.
    That's because we don't understand it (death).
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Jun '16 01:23
    If dying was natural we would welcome it and rejoice, no one rejoices about having to lose a loved one.
    Something that happens to every single human who ever lived - death, for example - is certainly "natural". Cancer is "natural" but people don't "welcome it and rejoice".
  11. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    03 Jun '16 01:262 edits
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    1. Quite a few people on this forum have argued quite forcefully
    that they do not wish to live forever. So you are wrong on that point.
    (And btw: who made you spokesperson for mankind??)

2. Man or mankind (if that is what you mean) was not created and has no purpose.

3. Think you might be wrong on that one too. 🙄
    The eyes on your emoticon express well your thinking....confused.

Our Creator made us to live.

To begin with there was no death option.

When Adam sinned he brought death to all of his offspring (us).

(Romans 5:12) That is why, just as through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because they had all sinned—.

Thankfully God did not abandon us.

Rather, out of loyal love our Creator, Jehovah God, paid a fine (the ransom sacrifice of His First born Son) to buy us back from sin and death.

Now we can gain everlasting life again (it's not automatic though).

(Romans 6:23) For the wages sin pays is death, but the gift God gives is everlasting life by Christ Jesus our Lord.
  12. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    03 Jun '16 01:30
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Dying is natural. It is the Ego's desire to preserve itself (because it is so special) that creates a struggle with the inevitable.
    It's only inevitable until Jehovah God ends death.

(Revelation 21:4, 5) And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.” 5 And the One seated on the throne said: “Look! I am making all things new.” Also he says: “Write, for these words are faithful and true.”
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Jun '16 01:33
    Would it be fair to state that you are a humanist FMF?
    If by humanist you mean a person who takes "...a philosophical and ethical stance that emphasizes the value and agency of human beings, individually and collectively, and generally prefers critical thinking and evidence (rationalism, empiricism) over acceptance of dogma or superstition.", then of course I am. What a strange ~ and presumably disingenuous - question for you to suddenly ask after a decade of reading my posts. Has your latest copy of The Watchtower mentioned the word "humanist" or something?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Jun '16 01:45
    Originally posted by roigam
    Our Creator made us to live. To begin with there was no death option.
    Did your creator figure not foresee the events that resulted in the "death option" He also created being activated? If you think He did, then it's not very logical or honest for you to claim that "Our Creator made us to live". It's like claiming that manufacturers create light bulbs to last forever when they clearly don't.

You are dissecting an ancient Hebrew fairy tale and basing deluded, self-serving assertions upon it. These kinds of things may give you some sort of hope for what ever personal reasons or psychological circumstances you happen to have, but one can hardly, credibly contend that such fantasies constitute "hope for mankind" in any real sense or produce anything other than conjecture about fears and dreams and your impotence and endless talk about your conjecture about fear and dreams and your impotence.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Jun '16 01:51
    Originally posted by roigam
    It's only inevitable until Jehovah God ends death.

(Revelation 21:4, 5) And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.” 5 And the One seated on the throne said: “Look! I am making all things new.” Also he says: “Write, for these words are faithful and true.”
    I wonder why those who were paid to rewrite the Bible for the JWs decided to also prune it of almost all of its glory to God.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree