Is your church mostly white?

Is your church mostly white?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rain

Moves
02 Jun 19

Do any Christians here attend a church that's *not* all or almost entirely white?

I'm not refering to churches that merely have a white majority, since whites are the majority in this country. I'm asking if any Christians here attend a church with a reasonably mixed demographic.....or, if any white Christians who attend a non-white church?

E

Moves
02 Jun 19

@vivify

Why not ask if you are black does your church have whites?

rain

Moves
02 Jun 19

@eladar said
@vivify

Why not ask if you are black does your church have whites?
There are no other black people on this forum.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 Jun 19

@vivify said
Do any Christians here attend a church that's *not* all or almost entirely white?

I'm not refering to churches that merely have a white majority, since whites are the majority in this country. I'm asking if any Christians here attend a church with a reasonably mixed demographic.....or, if any white Christians who attend a non-white church?
Is this something you think people care about, or should care about?

E

Moves
02 Jun 19

@vivify

People seem to self segregate. Even in many University there are all black dorms by choice.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
02 Jun 19

@vivify said

We are part of a startup church two languages One Hope I have no idea what color or race has the majority. It could change week to week.

rain

Moves
02 Jun 19

@eladar said
@vivify

People seem to self segregate. Even in many University there are all black dorms by choice.
Yes. But given how Christians are supposed to believe all people as God's children, self-segregation seems wrong. Churches should be the least segregated of places, shouldn't they?

rain

Moves
02 Jun 19

@kellyjay said
We are part of a startup church two languages One Hope I have no idea what color or race has the majority. It could change week to week.
That's pretty cool.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
02 Jun 19

@vivify said
That's pretty cool.
Well, if it's a start-up church, that 'coolness' could be due to an unfinished roof.

😲

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
02 Jun 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Well, if it's a start-up church, that 'coolness' could be due to an unfinished roof.

😲
We will get a roof? Right now we are renting a cafeteria in a school, we show up 3 hours early to setup, after the services we have to put it all back the way we found it. It is causing us to work together so we get to know each other, instead of showing up and leaving when it’s all done.

w

Moves
02 Jun 19

@vivify said

Negative, not one orange person to be had in the entire congregation.

w

Moves
02 Jun 19
1 edit

@vivify said
My skin may not be dark. but I identify as black.

If Politicians like Elizabeth Warren can do it her entire life to get special perks then so can I.

I reckon I should run for President now.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
02 Jun 19

@whodey said
My skin may not be dark. but I identify as black.

If Politicians like Elizabeth Warren can do it her entire life to get special perks then so can I.

I reckon I should run for President now.
Do they have Presidents in the asylum?

w

Moves
02 Jun 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Do they have Presidents in the asylum?
Just some old woman named Hillary demanding that she really is the President.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Jun 19
1 edit

@vivify

I am black.