1. Standard memberScriabin
    Done Asking
    Washington, D.C.
    Moves
    24 Jul '08 20:06
    Originally posted by whodey
    Well as for this fundamentalist fruitcake who believes God does speak to us, I would say that there are unquestionable parallels that can be drawn between Abraham sacrificing his ONLY son and God sacrificing his own ONLY Son. In fact, perhaps this is the sole reason Abraham was asked to do such a thing?

Now let the scourging and belittling of fundamentalist fruitcakes continue. 😛
    I think you belong in an institution for the insane, maybe a monastery, that would do.

Again, what you say and would say are things I hear, but I just don't care.

I'm not particularly interested in drivel, blather, foolishness, and any other form of irrational nonsense.

Perhaps Abraham was asked to do this because someone thought the devil was in Isaac, like the last poor insane woman who killed all her children here in Washington DC; or that woman in Texas who used the bathtub rather too harshly --

Now, I'd like to know, but again I don't really care, why folks who talk like you or actually believe as you say you do are not just like these women -- only you haven't killed anyone yet. But you would, of course, if Jesus told you personally to do it, wouldn't you?

And you DO believe he CAN and DOES "speak" to you? And you hear this voice?

Here's a couch, lie down and tell us how long you've been hearing voices.

Does the word Schizophrenia mean anything to you?

look it up before you find out an entirely different meaning to the word "commitment."
  2. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    24 Jul '08 20:08
    Originally posted by Scriabin
    I hear a lot about your beliefs -- but you mistake me, perhaps, for someone who gives a damn.

So the Bible says God blessed a war, does it? Stop the presses! this is big news --not good news perhaps, but big, BIG news. Ok, it isn't REAL news, like another Britney underwear alert would be, but pretty big, still. And it isn't really NEW news, like Batman r ...[text shortened]... ennis for crying out loud) anyone's head off?

Of course not. So put a sock in it already.
    Do you have any idea what's going on in Iraq? They have a larger death penalty rate then China.
  3. Standard memberScriabin
    Done Asking
    Washington, D.C.
    Moves
    24 Jul '08 20:08
    Originally posted by yo its me
    circumference, I'm not the worlds best speller.
    Peninsula is an area of land, I'm not understanding your reference here.
    well, look up circumcision. then put your inability to spell together with your inability to think and we'll at least be singing from the same sheet of music here.
  4. Standard memberScriabin
    Done Asking
    Washington, D.C.
    Moves
    24 Jul '08 20:13
    Do you have [b]any idea what's going on in Iraq? They have a larger death penalty rate then China.[/b]
    Your point?

Really, do you know the meaning of the term non sequitur?

What is it with you? Are your parents siblings?
  5. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    24 Jul '08 20:34
    Your point?

Really, do you know the meaning of the term non sequitur?

What is it with you? Are your parents siblings?
    Wow!!

Well on that remark, I'm gona make like a tree and leave, have a good day sir 😛
  6. At the Revolution
    Moves
    24 Jul '08 21:40
    Originally posted by black beetle
    They 're living constantly in the past;
    No, they aren't, and only someone who isn't Muslim would think that.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Jul '08 22:192 edits
    I think you belong in an institution for the insane, maybe a monastery, that would do.

Again, what you say and would say are things I hear, but I just don't care.

I'm not particularly interested in drivel, blather, foolishness, and any other form of irrational nonsense.

Perhaps Abraham was asked to do this because someone thought the devil was in I ok it up before you find out an entirely different meaning to the word "commitment."
    I may be insane but at least I am respectful. If being insane means being respecful of others opinions and beliefs then I will take insanity any day!!

🙄 over 😠
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Jul '08 22:20
    Wow!!

Well on that remark, I'm gona make like a tree and leave, have a good day sir 😛
    As well as myself.😉
  9. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    24 Jul '08 22:49
    Do you really expect to find a dissenting voice here? After all, how many Muslims do we have on this site. In addition, if the few that we have had are here, I suspect they are laying rather low right now.
    Why should any Muslim lay low now?

You will be right if what this thread is really talking about an Order by Islam to its followers. But it is a practice that has nothing to do with Islam, and actually fought by Islam, then you point, and the thread point is meaningless.

There is no part in the Islamic law allows a man to kill his daughter just because he suspect her to have an affair. If any one have a prove that what I say is wrong then just show it.

Those mentioned in the thread think they follow Islamic law some how, but that is not true. Actually I believe that they are sick ignorant people and they need a lot of psychological thereby
  10. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    24 Jul '08 22:55
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    But it is a practice that has nothing to do with Islam
    Do you deny the quoted material from the three independent Muslim sources I cited, each saying that such honor killings are specifically related to Islam, designed to protect Muslim values, and thereby derive their justification?
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Jul '08 01:14
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    Why should any Muslim lay low now?

You will be right if what this thread is really talking about an Order by Islam to its followers. But it is a practice that has nothing to do with Islam, and actually fought by Islam, then you point, and the thread point is meaningless.

There is no part in the Islamic law allows a man to kill his daughter just becau ...[text shortened]... tually I believe that they are sick ignorant people and they need a lot of psychological thereby
    So your are saying that there is no where in the Quran or Hadith that endorses such behavoir? If so, where did it come from and how is it then justified?
  12. At the Revolution
    Moves
    25 Jul '08 01:49
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Do you deny the quoted material from the three independent Muslim sources I cited, each saying that such honor killings are specifically related to Islam, designed to protect Muslim values, and thereby derive their justification?
    But are three Muslim sources the representative for Islam?

Are Adolf Hitler, Pope Benedict, and whoever led the Inquisition representative for Christianity?
  13. At the Revolution
    Moves
    25 Jul '08 01:54
    So your are saying that there is no where in the Quran or Hadith that endorses such behavoir? If so, where did it come from and how is it then justified?
    He's never read the Qur'an. Don't listen to him. He has no idea what goes on outside of the so-called "Good Book," aka the Greatest Lie Ever Told, aka the Bible.
  14. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    25 Jul '08 01:575 edits
    Originally posted by scherzo
    But are three Muslim sources the representative for Islam?
    How many and what sort of sources do you want?

We have (1) the government of a Muslim country, (2) a editorialist in a major newspaper in a Muslim country, and (3) a Muslim community leader. These are all clearly prominent Muslims. (For if they weren't, how do you account for them continuing to hold the positions they do?)

The article I cited also cites a verse from the Koran stating in no uncertain terms that women are the property of men and shall be beaten for disobedience.

Further, one of the quoted sources clearly states that endorsement of honor killings is not an extreme view among Muslims. Is this source misstating the facts?

If you don't accept this conglomeration of Muslim opinion as being representative, then what is?

Futher, how do you account for the fact that honor killings are dealt with as minor crimes, if at all, in only Muslim countries? Is it just coincidence that a father can murder his wayward daughter in Afghanistan but not in Finland? How do you account for the fact that the families of honor killing victims attribute it to Islam? Do these killers just happen to believe that honor killing is justified and also, but unrelatedly, just happen to be Muslim?
  15. Standard memberScriabin
    Done Asking
    Washington, D.C.
    Moves
    25 Jul '08 02:031 edit
    Originally posted by scherzo
    No, they aren't, and only someone who isn't Muslim would think that.
    Of course only a non Muslim would think that.

Many of us do not have a very high opinion of the Muslim world.

Why should we?

They are as the undead, a rotting, corrupt corpse of a culture that needs a stake driven through its heart of darkness once and for all time.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree