Islam Is Right About Women

Islam Is Right About Women

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
22 Sep 19

@philokalia said
You know, in the US Army we were told to always capitalize the word 'soldier' to show respect to it.
Presumably, you resisted this because it sounds dumb. Incorrect spelling does not indicate "respect".

S. Korea

Moves
22 Sep 19

@fmf said
When you say "councils do not have genders", you mean they comprise both men and women?
No, only that a council cannot have a gender.

BTW it's lunch time -- I will try to respond more later. ^^

F

Moves
22 Sep 19

@philokalia said
In modern parlance, perhaps you would say that women are more agreeable and gullible, as a general rule, and this lead to the fall.
"Women are more gullible"?

F

Moves
22 Sep 19

@philokalia said
No, only that a council cannot have a gender.
Does this mean that the members of the council must be men? Is that what "a council cannot have a gender" means?

S. Korea

Moves
22 Sep 19

@fmf said
Do you think your views on the correct role of women ~ and the "fundamental differences in temperament" you have pointedly not explained or described in any relevant way ~ has got something to do with you being a beta male?
Lol, why do you think I'm a beta male?

S. Korea

Moves
22 Sep 19

@fmf said
"Women are more gullible"?
Right, there's a high degree of agreeableness that results in women negotiating worst starting salaries and generally being less competitive. This increases to trusting others more and thus being more likely to be fooled. Emotional appeals seem to work better on women, etc.

The empathy gap even tends to widen with age.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19476221

Here is another one that deals with personality factors as well and shows that the biggest difference is found in agreeableness.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3149680/#!po=1.92308

F

Moves
22 Sep 19

@philokalia said
Lol, why do you think I'm a beta male?
If you don't think you are, you don't have to answer.

F

Moves
22 Sep 19
1 edit

@philokalia said
Right, there's a high degree of agreeableness that results in women negotiating worst starting salaries and generally being less competitive. This increases to trusting others more and thus being more likely to be fooled. Emotional appeals seem to work better on women, etc.

The empathy gap even tends to widen with age.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19476221
...[text shortened]... nce is found in agreeableness.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3149680/#!po=1.92308
And what does this have to do with you believing women should be submissive and keep quiet and not lead men and not teach and not be on 'the council' and not interpret doctrine etc. etc. in matters of religion?

S. Korea

Moves
22 Sep 19

@fmf said
If you don't think you are, you don't have to answer.
Oh no, I am just curious why you are calling me a 'beta.' It's an insult and I contest there is any reason to believe that, but I am curious if you can defend your insult.

S. Korea

Moves
22 Sep 19

@fmf said
And what does this have to do with you believing women should be submissive and keep quiet and not lead men and not teach and not be on 'the council' and not interpret doctrine etc. etc. in matters of religion?
That explanation came earlier: the role of Priest and Bishop have been given over to men because of the fundamental differences in personality that do manifest across culture, though, of course, to varying degrees.

There is a general division of labor and division of roles recognized in all societies, and a difference in motherhood and fatherhood, in being a wife and in being a husband.

This idea that we exist completely independent of our gender just isn't founded in reality, and, in recognition of this reality, so, too, Church structure reflects this.

S. Korea

Moves
22 Sep 19

@fmf said
I would also note: I am not allowed or enabled to teach, lead men, have authority, etc.

Indeed, very few are allowed to do this, and those who take it are not 'authorities' so much as they are teachers and healers of the parishioners. They are like fathers to the Church, and thus called father.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
23 Sep 19
1 edit

@philokalia said
I would also note: I am not allowed or enabled to teach, lead men, have authority, etc.

Indeed, very few are allowed to do this, and those who take it are not 'authorities' so much as they are teachers and healers of the parishioners. They are like fathers to the Church, and thus called father.
You will find that Jesus did not fancy churches and church leaders in His time and neither in this time as well.

For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers. But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments, And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues, And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi. But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren. And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven. Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ. But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant. And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted. (Matthew 23:4-12 KJV)

F

Moves
23 Sep 19

@philokalia said
Oh no, I am just curious why you are calling me a 'beta.' It's an insult and I contest there is any reason to believe that, but I am curious if you can defend your insult.
It's just the way you conduct yourself and things you have revealed about yourself. If you don't think I am right, that's OK by me. People can make of my perspective what they will.

S. Korea

Moves
23 Sep 19

@rajk999 said
You will find that Jesus did not fancy churches and church leaders in His time and neither in this time as well.

For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers. But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the bor ...[text shortened]... imself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted. (Matthew 23:4-12 KJV)
This is covered very well through another website:

This controversy springs from the way some Christians have interpreted Our Lord's words in Matthew 23:9, "Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven." It's important to remember that the apostle Paul seems to not believe this was Christ's intent. In addition to the Epistle passage above, there are several other passages from Scripture in which Paul refers to the idea of spiritual fatherhood. In fact, even one of the earliest leaders of the Protestant Reformation - John Calvin himself - believed that Paul was correct to refer to himself as "father". Calvin wrote, "While Paul claims for himself the appellation of father, he does it in such a manner as not to take away or diminish the smallest portion of the honor which is due to God. ... God alone is the Father of all in faith ... But they whom he is graciously pleased to employ as his ministers for that purpose, are likewise allowed to share with him in his honor, while, at the same time, He parts with nothing that belongs to himself."

Now, let's also remember that in Matthew 23, Christ also says "do not be called teacher". Yet, elsewhere in the Gospels, Our Lord himself uses this title for others, such as Nicodemus.

In this "call no man father" passage, Our Lord is making a particular point for a very particular audience. He is contrasting His own living truth with the teachings of the "scribes and Pharisees" who were convinced that only they understood God's Law and were fit to interpret it. Christ is accusing the rabbis opposed to him of deliberately twisting God's Word to suit their own desires. Christ stood in opposition to those who seek to elevate themselves and place themselves before God.

http://ww1.antiochian.org/node/19193

Many things in the Bible are nuanced. ^^

S. Korea

Moves
23 Sep 19

@fmf said
It's just the way you conduct yourself and things you have revealed about yourself. If you don't think I am right, that's OK by me. People can make of my perspective what they will.
Oh, please do, tell me something, or a few things, about myself that you think you know, which you think is an indicator that I am a "beta."

I have no recollection of saying something that would be indicative of being a "beta."