1. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Dec '15 13:06
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Excellent point. What most of the Christians here believe their version of God will do to unbelievers in and for eternity, is infinitely worse that what terrorist Islamics could do here on earth in a thousand lifetimes. It's astonishing that posters like RHhinds cannot receive this.
    This is largely because of the major disconnect between what most theists claim to believe and how they actually act. For many theists, what they claim to believe actually remains largely hypothetical rather than real.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Dec '15 16:591 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    This is largely because of the major disconnect between what most theists claim to believe and how they actually act. For many theists, what they claim to believe actually remains largely hypothetical rather than real.
    Yes, an interesting point; I sometimes wonder to myself if I really believe what I think I believe. However my point is separate from that and quite frightenly fundamental about the mindset of many Christians who choose to accept that their version of God is morally justified and righteous is taking billions of people and keeping them alive supernaturally while he tortures them for eternity in hell. I've previously said in this forum that if it transpired that the writer of revelation (assuming it was who the Bibel claims it to be) meant that God was actually going to do that, then I would have to reject the NT writings of at person in the entirety. Religion should and must do good, project goodness in its doctrines, and preach a God who is good and just. Otherwise for me at least, there is no point to it.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Dec '15 18:42
    Yes, an interesting point; I sometimes wonder to myself if I really believe what I think I believe. However my point is separate from that and quite frightenly fundamental about the mindset of many Christians who choose to accept that their version of God is morally justified and righteous is taking billions of people and keeping them alive supernaturall ...[text shortened]... ines, and preach a God who is good and just. Otherwise for me at least, there is no point to it.
    There is a point, but sinister one. Control. You can't have a nice friendly god if you want to control your population. Look at Islam, death to apostates, death to adulterers and so forth. You can't have a nice god and expect to control your slaves.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Dec '15 19:21
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    There is a point, but sinister one. Control. You can't have a nice friendly god if you want to control your population. Look at Islam, death to apostates, death to adulterers and so forth. You can't have a nice god and expect to control your slaves.
    I realise the point of the false doctrines, thank you. I was saying that if those false teachings turned out, in fact, to be what the writer had originally intended them to mean then there would be no point in my following those writings. I'm not ashamed of what I believe I just make sure I question my beliefs and why I hold them and how they affect me.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Dec '15 21:442 edits
    Excellent point. What most of the Christians here believe their version of God will do to unbelievers in and for eternity, is infinitely worse that what terrorist Islamics could do here on earth in a thousand lifetimes. It's astonishing that posters like RHhinds cannot receive this.
    I don't receive untruth very easily so there is nothing about it that is astonishing.

The question I would like answered is what if you refuse to pay the jtxya tax? 😏

http://www.politicalislam.com/the-mosque-a-state-within-a-state/
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Dec '15 21:50
    Yes, an interesting point; I sometimes wonder to myself if I really believe what I think I believe. However my point is separate from that and quite frightenly fundamental about the mindset of many Christians who choose to accept that their version of God is morally justified and righteous is taking billions of people and keeping them alive supernaturall ...[text shortened]... ines, and preach a God who is good and just. Otherwise for me at least, there is no point to it.
    A person either believes what Jesus said and complies or he does not. Believers receive eternal life and unbelievers receive eternal torment. It is as simple as that. 😏
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Dec '15 21:54
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    It is said that when Jesus returns He will rule with a rod of iron. What do you suppose that means?
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Dec '15 11:29
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It is said that when Jesus returns He will rule with a rod of iron. What do you suppose that means?
    That the whole fairy tale was concocted by men with an agenda to control. That is it in a nutshell and you who are duped are just that, duped and programmed to resist any effort to show you the truth.

Instead you just spout off more bible verses 'proving' you are right, but in fact all you are doing is your usual circular reasoning, the bible is right because the bible says so.

What it does in fact is make sure there will be religious warfare for the foreseeable future. WAY into the future, our great great great grandkids will still be trapped in all this folly. And OF COURSE you will be all for it since your bible assures you your JC is coming back, right around the corner now, only 2000 years and counting.

What a load of crap. The biggest scam in human history, well ALMOST, there is also Islam and Hinduism, also a bunch of fairy tales.

Of course you come back and say 'I agree those are bogus, fairy tales, but not MY religion'

And of course those in the other religions say exactly the same about THEIR religions.

So the fighting goes on. If there is a deity involved, then it is only reasonable to say it WANTS things that way, so we cannot achieve real maturity as a species. Your deity WANTS us to be barbarians.

Lovely religion you are trapped in.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Dec '15 12:00
    Originally posted by FMF
    If you and I are wrong, and their interpretation of God's will is correct and based on a true revelation of God, then it's bad news for the human race ~ even if the actions of ISIS pale into insignificance if we are to believe what many Christians think is the fate awaiting those who do not believe in their 'torturer God' figure.
    It's not exactly an "all or nothing" deal, you know. There's plenty of mis-interpretation to go around. Discernment is required.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Dec '15 12:051 edit
    I don't receive untruth very easily so there is nothing about it that is astonishing.

The question I would like answered is what if you refuse to pay the jtxya tax? 😏

You really are just a "one-trick pony", Ron.

You put far too much importance on Islam.

When the hammer comes down, they'll be just another nail.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Dec '15 16:04
    Originally posted by Suzianne

If for some reason you lived to be 1000 years old and just before you die in the year 3000 and no hammer has come, what do you say to your upteenth great grandkids?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Dec '15 18:262 edits
    oops wrong place.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Dec '15 18:381 edit

What don't you stop, think about what I said and actually address the point instead of deflecting.

Your version of God will burn people in hell for eternity for being infidels. Islamic extremists kill people in the here and now once for being infidels. Which do you think is the worse crime?
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Dec '15 20:37
    Originally posted by Suzianne

Yeah, I know. Sonhouse has been telling me that I was a "one-trick pony" for a year or or two. 😏
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Dec '15 20:411 edit
    What don't you stop, think about what I said and actually address the point instead of deflecting.

Your version of God will burn people in hell for eternity for being infidels. Islamic extremists kill people in the here and now once for being infidels. Which do you think is the worse crime?
    I think the the worse crime is Islamic extremists cutting off the heads of Christians. 😏

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree