1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Dec '15 20:43
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Yeah, I know. Sonhouse has been telling me that I was a "one-trick pony" for a year or or two. 😏
    Actually, your whole life.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Dec '15 23:16
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Actually, your whole life.
    We haven't known each other my whole life. 😏
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Dec '15 23:27
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    If for some reason you lived to be 1000 years old and just before you die in the year 3000 and no hammer has come, what do you say to your upteenth great grandkids?
    I seriously don't see that happening, but regardless, I would tell them to read their Bible and to love and honor their God and follow Jesus. We are charged with "enduring to the end", no matter how long that takes. And to take care not to be caught unawares.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Dec '15 00:211 edit
    I think the the worse crime is Islamic extremists cutting off the heads of Christians. 😏
    How is beheading somebody worse than burning them alive in agony for all eternity?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Dec '15 05:56
    Originally posted by divegeester
    How is beheading somebody worse than burning them alive in agony for all eternity?
    Because Jesus believes beheading the saints deserves being tormented for eternity. 😏

HalleluYaH !!!
    Praise the LORD !!!
    Holy! Holy! Holy!
  6. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    08 Dec '15 06:56
    But it was not until 1095 that the the Roman Catholic Pope Urban II in Italy decided that the "turn the other cheek" policy was not working
    😕

Soooo, Jesus was wrong?
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Dec '15 07:08
    Originally posted by C Hess
    😕

Soooo, Jesus was wrong?
    It was a mistaken notion that Jesus meant this for all situations. This was meant as a way of preventing the escalating of violence amoung normal friends and neighbors. Jesus was not referring to delusional people, like radicalized Islamic terrorists.
  8. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    08 Dec '15 07:23
    It was a mistaken notion that Jesus meant this for all situations. This was meant as a way of preventing the escalating of violence amoung normal friends and neighbors. Jesus was not referring to delusional people, like radicalized Islamic terrorists.
    Seriously? Jesus said: "As a way of preventing the escalating of violence among normal friends and neighbors, turn the other cheek"?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Dec '15 10:15
    Originally posted by C Hess
    Seriously? Jesus said: "As a way of preventing the escalating of violence among normal friends and neighbors, turn the other cheek"?
    "Whoever hits you on the cheek, offer him the other also; and whoever takes away your coat, do not withhold your shirt from him either."

(Luke 6:29 NASB)

When He had said this, one of the officers standing nearby struck Jesus, saying, "Is that the way You answer the high priest?" Jesus answered him, "If I have spoken wrongly, testify of the wrong; but if rightly, why do you strike Me?"

(John 18:22-23 NASB)

Obviously Jesus did not literally mean to turn the other cheek in all cases, for he did not offer himself to be stricken again in the above example. It is only an assertion of a principle of love.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Dec '15 17:12
    Or you.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Dec '15 18:551 edit
    Because Jesus believes beheading the saints deserves being tormented for eternity!
    Your inability to answer the question is noted, as is your usual oafish, low-brow, casual attitude to religious torture.
  12. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    08 Dec '15 21:061 edit
    But . . . but, but, but . . .
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Dec '15 07:18
    Your inability to answer the question is noted, as is your usual oafish, low-brow, casual attitude to religious torture.
    I answered the question. Again, beheading the saints by Islamic extremist Muslims is worse than evil Muslims being tormented for their evil deeds for ever and ever. 😏

HalleluYaH !!!
    Praise the LORD !!!
    Holy! Holy! Holy!
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Dec '15 07:262 edits
    I answered the question. Again, beheading the saints by Islamic extremist Muslims is worse than evil Muslims being tormented for their evil deeds for ever and every
    You haven't answered the question.

I asked you "how can it be worse?". Simply stating that it is worse, or that your version of Jesus told you it was worse, doesn't make it worse.

How can being decapitated once, here in the world, possibly be a worse experience than being tortured for eternity in a burning hell?
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Dec '15 12:091 edit
    You haven't answered the question.

I asked you "how can it be worse?". Simply stating that it is worse, or that your version of Jesus told you it was worse, doesn't make it worse.

How can being decapitated once, here in the world, possibly be a worse experience than being tortured for eternity in a burning hell?
    Even if that eternity being tortured is just bullshyte made up by men as a means of control.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree