1. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 21:331 edit
    But its not the way the churches preach it. You need more than just a proclamation of faith.

Apostle Peter advises this method:

And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins. Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall: For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. (2 Peter 1:5-11 KJV)

Faith is not enough. Rather faith is just a stepping stone into the life Christians are required to live. That life must include :
    - virtue
    - knowledge
    - temperance
    - patience
    - godliness
    - brotherly kindness
    - charity
    The point is clear, that if you want to be sure of your eternal life then your life MUST include the above attributes. If you lack these qualities then you are blind your calling and election into Gods Kingdom is unsure.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 21:45
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    But its not the way the churches preach it. You need more than just a proclamation of faith.

Apostle Peter advises this method:

[i]And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith [b]virtue
    ; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godline ...[text shortened]... u lack these qualities then you are blind your calling and election into Gods Kingdom is unsure.[/b]
    Do you have these qualities?
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 21:59
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Here come the [rather useless] personal questions.

Do the facts and truth stated by Christ and the Apostles need to be watered down because some people might be lacking in the qualities required by God? The teachings of the Bible requires the believer to display these qualities. Each believer will be judged on their own merit, some will have all these qualities some might have some and some, none. Christ will judge accordingly.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 22:09

Do the facts and truth stated by Christ and the Apostles need to be watered down because some people might be lacking in the qualities required by God? The teachings of the Bible requires the believer to display these qualities. Each believer will be judged on their own merit, some will have all these qualities some might have some and some, none. Christ will judge accordingly.
    I'll take that as a no then.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 22:11
    I'll take that as a no then.
    What does that matter? Does my lack of these qualities strengthen your case for 'once saved always saved'?
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 22:15
    I think I get where youall that persist in asking these personal questions, which will remain unanswered, are coming from. In your churches the preachers are not allowed to preach anything [even though it might be sound scripturally], which the preacher himself is unable to achieve .. eg if the preacher is an adulterer he cannot say that adultery is a sin .. I get it. You have been indoctrinated to believe that.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 23:34
    What does that matter? Does my lack of these qualities strengthen your case for 'once saved always saved'?
    I would guess that if the presenter or author of a biblical theory did not personally support said theory in his/her actions/beliefs, then I would imagine that that small fact might shed a rather huge doubt on the theory itself.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 23:37
    I think I get where youall that persist in asking these personal questions, which will remain unanswered, are coming from. In your churches the preachers are not allowed to preach anything [even though it might be sound scripturally], which the preacher himself is unable to achieve .. eg if the preacher is an adulterer he cannot say that adultery is a sin .. I get it. You have been indoctrinated to believe that.
    Well, then maybe you could make it clear that you're giving us a warning based on experience. That might be useful.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 04:143 edits
    Incorrect assumption, at least as it relates to me. I don't engage in your threads protesting against eternal salvation for exactly the reason you state I this one: I.e. because you won't discuss it on a personal level. In Christianity a person's salvation is a personal experience with Christ, not a set of dogmatic principles devoid of life and love and reality. I have already exhausted my views with you on this subject from a scriptural perspective and don't find your repeated posting of your position to be of sufficient interest to me to be honest.

In order to explore your premise that a person can lose their salvation I suggest you need to share some examples of personal out-working of this doctrine, for instance:

- How do you come to hold this view?
    - do you attend a church which shares this doctrine wholly? Which one?
    - how do you manage to attain and maintain the high standards your OP propounds?
    - at what point can you be certain that you are operating at a sufficient level of works to ensure salvation?
    - what happens if you slip?
    - have you ever lost your salvation?
    - how did you regain it?
    - how does Christ's finished redemptive work get applied to your life and works?
    Etc.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 06:472 edits

Its rather typical, predictable and quite banal
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 07:18
    It appears he wants to use the information from those personal questions to make a judgement on the persons credibility.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 07:281 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It appears he wants to use the information from those personal questions to make a judgement on the persons credibility.
    Its what trolls do. We have a moral duty to expose these nefarious machinations.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 09:292 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie

Its rather typical, predictable and quite banal
    Do you think when you are repeatedly asking me to discuss my private life and ministry in this forum, that that is a personal question?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 09:34
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Every poster's credibility in this forum is assessed on what they post, you of all people should be painfully aware of that fact.

Here I am explaining that I bear little motivation to engage in the back and forth of scripture relating to Rajk999's opinion on the subject; what I am interested in is the practical out-working of his doctrines in his life. Rajk999 is under no compunction to discuss this, but I felt obliged to respond to his post after my first question on page one and explain why I had asked.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 09:501 edit

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree