1. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 10:041 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Incorrect assumption, at least as it relates to me. I don't engage in your threads protesting against eternal salvation for exactly the reason you state I this one: I.e. because you won't discuss it on a personal level. In Christianity a person's salvation is a personal experience with Christ, not a set of dogmatic principles devoid of life and love and ...[text shortened]... gain it?
    - how does Christ's finished redemptive work get applied to your life and works?
    Etc.
    Engaging the person rather than tackling the substance of the post is what small minds do. If that is all you can handle then I understand.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 10:071 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It appears he wants to use the information from those personal questions to make a judgement on the persons credibility.
    Then divegeester should be addressing the apostle Peter and ask him the personal questions, since I presented no opinions.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 10:11
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Engaging the person rather than tackling the substance of the post is what small minds do. If that is all you can handle then I understand.
    You're welcome to your opinion of me. I have taken the trouble to explain myself; that I'm not looking to attack you personally just to understand how a doctrine that I believe to be unworkable in real life is experienced by you. Your baiting me or thumbing down my posts will not elicit the response you are looking for. I'll leave you in the esteemed company of RJHinds and robbie carrobie who share your opinion.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 10:24
    You're welcome to your opinion of me. I have taken the trouble to explain myself; that I'm not looking to attack you personally just to understand how a doctrine that I believe to be unworkable in real life is experienced by you. Your baiting me or thumbing down my posts will not elicit the response you are looking for. I'll leave you in the esteemed company of RJHinds and robbie carrobie who share your opinion.
    If I presented a personal opinion of how Christians should live then personal questions about my life would be relevant and appropriate. However since I presented a quote from the apostle Peter without any personal bias then your line of questioning is obviously a diversionary tactic.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 10:30
    If I presented a personal opinion of how Christians should live then personal questions about my life would be relevant and appropriate. However since I presented a quote from the apostle Peter without any personal bias then your line of questioning is obviously a diversionary tactic.
    It is diversionary, but not deceptively so as I've been open about why I engaged in this thread. I'm not going over and over and over with you on this matter as I don't feel motivated to do so. Unlike I do with the JWs, who's pernicious and dangerous doctrines need to be repeatedly called out in my opinion. I respect your view on this topic but I don't see you or it as being pernicious or dangerous. Others here may wish to engage with you but so far the only contenders are those intending to rubbish me and contribute nothing.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 11:148 edits
    It is diversionary, but not deceptively so as I've been open about why I engaged in this thread. I'm not going over and over and over with you on this matter as I don't feel motivated to do so. Unlike I do with the JWs, who's pernicious and dangerous doctrines need to be repeatedly called out in my opinion. I respect your view on this topic but I don't s ...[text shortened]... ith you but so far the only contenders are those intending to rubbish me and contribute nothing.
    I am so glad that you are finally being called out for attempting to reduce every single issue to one of personalities, justice at last. The forum has risen up to expunge your trolling ways, Amen to that! Now lets see if you can actually address the points that are being raised. Here they are again,

If you lack these qualities (virtue etc.) then you are blind in your calling and election into Gods Kingdom is unsure.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 11:281 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    ?..The forum has risen up to expunge your trolling ways, Amen to that!...
    "The forum has risen up"

LMAO you wish.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 11:291 edit
    But its not the way the churches preach it. You need more than just a proclamation of faith.

Apostle Peter advises this method:

[i]And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith [b]virtue
    ; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godline ...[text shortened]... u lack these qualities then you are blind your calling and election into Gods Kingdom is unsure.[/b]
    God says not me who is saved, those He saves are saved they will not turn
    back, they will not make sin their master they will serve Him. The Lord of
    Hosts knows His own, and they know Him, those that reject God, those that
    turn away will hear the words, "I never knew you." those that deny God
    will be denied. The Lord is the Good Shepard, He saves the lost, and will not
    lose any who belong to Him, He is faithful. He is faithful, none of us are
    worthy by our own efforts, I cannot make God love me by efforts, I will
    obey Him, because it is what should be done, but He alone can clean
    me from my sin. We without a doubt need to obey the Word of God, and
    follow the leading of God's Spirit.
    Kelly
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 11:40
    I'm afraid you are giving personal opinions on how Christians should live
    their lives, you just told a bunch of people 'how to'. Granted you went to
    scripture, but we all go to scripture, you share how it should be looked at
    and then turn around and tell everyone who holds a different point from
    you that YOU, cannot be questioned, to do so is to question scripture as you
    have done in several different posts.

I tend to agree with you on almost all your points, but the thing that bugs
    me is that you are very legal in your approach, it does not seem like you
    care about people here except to tell them how they are doing it wrong.

The greatest two commandments are to love God and each other, all the
    other stuff will just happen if we do those.
    Kelly
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 11:461 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    you that YOU, cannot be questioned, to do so is to questio ...[text shortened]... nts are to love God and each other, all the
    Kelly
    'Get away from me you workers of lawlessness' - Jesus Christ. Is that legalistic or sentimental?
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 12:11
    you that YOU, cannot be questioned, to do so is to questio ...[text shortened]... nts are to love God and each other, all the
    Kelly
    Peter is giving his opinion on how Christians should live.
    I quoted Peter. I guess you did not realise that.
    By the way Christ said the same thing.
    So did James and John
    Paul did as well but Christians keep ignoring it.

If you think I am giving my own personal opinion then kindly quote what I said that Peter did not in the Bible say.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 12:16
    God says not me who is saved, those He saves are saved they will not turn
    back, they will not make sin their master they will serve Him. The Lord of
    Hosts knows His own, and they know Him, those that reject God, those that
    turn away will hear the words, "I never knew you." those that deny God
    will be denied. The Lord is the Good Shepard, He saves the lo ...[text shortened]... We without a doubt need to obey the Word of God, and
    follow the leading of God's Spirit.
    Kelly
    This is what is called a personal opinion.

What I said comes directly from the Bible.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 12:18
    ..it does not seem like you care about people here except to tell them how they are doing it wrong.
    Maybe thats because you people keep talking about how you doing it right.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 12:281 edit
    But its not the way the churches preach it. You need more than just a proclamation of faith.

Apostle Peter advises this method:

[i]And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith [b]virtue
    ; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godline ...[text shortened]... u lack these qualities then you are blind your calling and election into Gods Kingdom is unsure.[/b]
    The passage only underscores that FORGIVENESS is not the end goal of God's salvation. He did not save us for forgiveness's sake and not other. He desires a realm of government to exercise His divine kingship.

Like many passages it emphasizes that a God's government is the goal down the road from FORGIVENESS.

Peter says that "in this way the entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will be RICHLY and BOUNTIFULLY supplied to you."

This is like having a graduation with honors as opposed to a graduation only after summer school, make up tests, disciplinary detention. Such a student enters into graduation but poorly so. The diligent student enters into graduation richly so.

First Corinthians chapter three speaks of Christians being examined byChrist as to whether they should receive a reward or suffer loss in the age immediately following His return - the millennial kingdom age.

The believer who is rewarded has gained entrance into Christ's kingdom richly and bountifully[.

The believer who was saved, yet so as through fire had an entrance not so rich and not so bountiful. This was not because of any shortage in the Lord. But this was because of shortsightedness and immaturity on the believer's part.

He will be saved, yet he will suffer loss. He himself will be saved yet so as through fire. Peter's exhortation is that we would not be saved yet so as through fire but have an entrance into the eternal kingdom of Christ richly and bountifully supplied. This is normal whereas the former is abnormal.

From being born again the man enters into the kingdom. The millennial kingdom is a continuation of that eternal kingdom. And of course after the thousand years the eternal kingdom continues in the eternal age of the new heaven and new earth.

Peter wants the believers to enter richly into the millennial kingdom after having their past sins forgiven. So he teaches the attributes coming out of abiding in the Lord which will not fail to provide a rich and bountiful entrance.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 14:02
    Maybe thats because you people keep talking about how you doing it right.
    good luck getting any sense out of them.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree