1. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 16:43
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    good luck getting any sense out of them.
    Diversionary tactics, writing around the topic, attacking the writer rather than addressing the content are all points in my favour. They cannot discuss it. You have to understand its a hard pill to swallow when someone shows you passages that turn your favourite doctrine, that you have held on to for so long, into nonsense. You have to sympathize with their plight.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 16:442 edits
    Originally posted by sonship
    The passage [b]only underscores that FORGIVENESS is not the end goal of God's salvation. He did not save us for forgiveness's sake and not other. He desires a realm of government to exercise His divine kingship.

Like many passages it emphasizes that a God's government is the goal down the road from FORGIVENESS.

Peter says that "in this way th ...[text shortened]... coming out of abiding in the Lord which will not fail to provide a rich and bountiful entrance.
    You well know that if you continue on into the Apostle Peter's discource you will read:

2Pe 2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
    2Pe 2:21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

This is a passage that you have so far been unable to refute. The clarity of the statement defies twisting and the only thing people do is to try to ignore it.

The meaning is clear. There are some Christians who fall away and it is better that they had not known the way of righteousness than to know it and turn away. How can such a statement be twisted to mean that they person will still get eternal life ? Its just not possible.

As for this mantra you constantly quote - ".. saved, yet so as through fire I will start another thread to comment on this.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 16:59
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    You well know that if you continue on into the Apostle Peter's discource you will read:

2Pe 2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
    2Pe 2:21 For it had been better ...[text shortened]... uote - "[i].. saved, yet so as through fire
    I will start another thread to comment on this.
    To know the way of righteousness and reject it does not seem to mean they were saved and then became unsaved. To me it seems to mean that they never accepted salvation even though they knew the way.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 17:12
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    To know the way of righteousness and reject it does not seem to mean they were saved and then became unsaved. To me it seems to mean that they never accepted salvation even though they knew the way.
    Peter is addressing converted Christians in his writings. Do you know who is saved and who is not? I dont think so. Apparently some Christians here [maybe not you], seem to think they have the ability to know this. Jaywill/sonship and several others claim that they know that once someone accepts Christ with their mouth they are saved eternally. Is all a sham.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 00:14
    Maybe thats because you people keep talking about how you doing it right.
    Nope, I don't attempt to justify myself, I will defer to Jesus to make me
    right. I hope your right with God too, not attempting to say your not. As I
    pointed out to you, I agree with much of what you say, I'd even go as far
    to say the vast majority of things you say.
    Kelly
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 02:05
    Peter is addressing converted Christians in his writings. Do you know who is saved and who is not? I dont think so. Apparently some Christians here [maybe not you], seem to think they have the ability to know this. Jaywill/sonship and several others claim that they know that once someone accepts Christ with their mouth they are saved eternally. Is all a sham.
    No I have never claimed to know who is saved and who is not. I have never even claimed that I am saved. I have only claimed that I am a Christian and believe in Jesus as the Savior.

I was only pointing out that this scripture that you quoted does not seem to support the idea that one can be saved and then become unsaved.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 02:05
    Peter is giving his opinion on how Christians should live.
    I quoted Peter. I guess you did not realise that.
    By the way Christ said the same thing.
    So did James and John
    Paul did as well but Christians keep ignoring it.

If you think I am giving my own personal opinion then kindly quote what I said that Peter did not in the Bible say.
    As I pointed out we each read the scripture and can quote it to make a
    point. I do believe the number of us who when we do quote scripture do
    not tell those we are talking to that if they disagree with us, they are
    on par with disagreeing with Peter, Christ, James, John, Paul and so on.
    Kelly
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 02:07
    This is what is called a personal opinion.

What I said comes directly from the Bible.
    I don't have issue one giving my opinion, I have them I'll give them. As I
    also quote scripture to make a point too. It happens.
    Kelly
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 03:31
    Read Ephesians 1 and 2.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 09:21
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Read Ephesians 1 and 2.
    Read them, agree with them, you had a point?
    Kelly
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 10:17
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Nope, I don't attempt to justify myself, I will defer to Jesus to make me
    right. I hope your right with God too, not attempting to say your not. As I
    pointed out to you, I agree with much of what you say, I'd even go as far
    to say the vast majority of things you say.
    Kelly
    I hope all Christians are right with God, but thats between them and God. Its good to hear that you agree with much of what I say. I suppose if I could figure out exactly what we agree on and disagree on it would avoid some unnecessary to and froing.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 10:18
    Read Ephesians 1 and 2.
    A good example of cherrypicking, which I will comment on in the cherrypicking thread.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 10:25
    Kelly
    It was a general comment for the thread, not directed at you.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 10:30
    Kelly
    In Ephesians 1 & 2, Paul speaks of the process by which God calls the saints and how they are saved through faith in Christ. Some Christians think that this is the end. Im saved and I cannot lose my salvation... nothing more to do. Unfortunately for those who think along these lines, the Apostles went on to write of converted Christians and saints becoming entangled in the sins of the world and falling away. It is better if they had not known the way of righteousness.

If you continue reading on through Ephesians 3, 4, 5, and 6 , these speak of life which those called by God ARE REQUIRED TO LIVE. Not really things that some Christians are fond of reading about. These 4 chapters are a long version of what I quoted in 2 Peter 1 in the opening post.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 10:31
    It was a general comment for the thread, not directed at you.
    Oh man, I'm hurt....crushed, sadden, it wasn't directed at me. 🙂

It was a good read. LOL
    KJ

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree