It’s literally in the Bible...

It’s literally in the Bible...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Apr 18

Originally posted by @thinkofone
In the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry, He never claimed to be God. On the contrary, He often explicitly stated that He is a son of God. He calls His followers to also become sons of God. All the claims you've made to the contrary don't hold under the light of truth.

The following applies to you as well:
<<Never ceases to amaze me how so many Christians hate truth and choose to live in darkness - denial of the truth.>>
You refuse to see the truth. It’s sad. Jesus identified Himself as God more than a few times as did His disciples who (obviously) knew far more about Him than you and who witnessed His miracles, which included raising at least three people from the dead. Oh, I forgot; you didn’t believe that part of the Gospels (or many other parts.)

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
16 Apr 18

It basically answers the question in the OP. It definitely was a much more substantial answer than most offered. If someone offered a more substantial answer, I didn't see it.

GoaD continues to troll.

GoaD started as a troll. He continues as a troll. See the following thread for an example of his early efforts. 

https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum ...[text shortened]... ttps://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/spirituality/salvation.165585 

This is nothing new from GoaD.
Are you aware the mods removed this spamming post by you twice in the 'Questions' thread (top of page 2).

Clearly, they have your number, (by and large) spamming as you do to deflect difficult questions and observations.

T

Moves
16 Apr 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
You refuse to see the truth. It’s sad. Jesus identified Himself as God more than a few times as did His disciples who (obviously) knew far more about Him than you and who witnessed His miracles, which included raising at least three people from the dead. Oh, I forgot; you didn’t believe that part of the Gospels (or many other parts.)
Presumably if you were able to respond with a cogent argument, you would.

Never ceases to amaze me how so many Christians hate truth and choose to live in darkness - denial of the truth.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
16 Apr 18

Never ceases to amaze me how so many Christians hate truth and choose to live in darkness - denial of the truth.
Your tongue is firmly in your cheek, of course....?

T

Moves
16 Apr 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
Your tongue is firmly in your cheek, of course....?
Why would stating the facts be tongue-in-cheek?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Apr 18

Why would stating the facts be tongue-in-cheek?
Then you agree you don’t believe Gospel accounts of Jesus’ miracles, which included raising at least three people from the dead? Why would Jesus say He did that? Did the Gospel writers not only fabricate the miracles but fabricate Jesus saying He did them?

T

Moves
16 Apr 18

Then you agree you don’t believe Gospel accounts of Jesus’ miracles, which included raising at least three people from the dead? Why would Jesus say He did that? Did the Gospel writers not only fabricate the miracles but fabricate Jesus saying He did them?
What part of the following didn't you understand when I posted it the first time?
By and large, I find the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry to be reasonably sound and reasonably coherent within themselves. What's more, I find much of what was attributed to Him to be remarkably deep and quite profound. As such, by and large, I find the words attributed to Jesus while He walked the Earth to be "true".

I don't share that view of the mythology and beliefs that the NT writers wrapped around them. At best, they can merely echo His words. At worst, they deviate from His words and at times substantially so.

The truth in the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry still rings out loud and clear despite the corruptions that were introduced by the NT writers. The core of His gospel are contained in the parables, explanations of the parables, the Sermon on the Mount, passages where Jesus is explicitly describing the Kingdom and what living in the Kingdom entails, passages where Jesus is explicitly describing what is required for "eternal life" / living in the Kingdom etc. In short, passages where Jesus is explicitly preaching the vision of His gospel.

By limiting the Bible to the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry and those words that are consistent with those words, most of the inconsistencies, discrepancies and outright contradictions are weeded out.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Apr 18

What part of the following didn't you understand when I posted it the first time?
By and large, I find the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry to be reasonably sound and reasonably coherent within themselves. What's more, I find much of what was attributed to Him to be remarkably deep and quite profound. As such, by and large, I find the ...[text shortened]... most of the inconsistencies, discrepancies and outright contradictions are weeded out.
What evidence do you have that Jesus’ disciples and Gospel writers fabricated parts of their Gospels?

Moves
16 Apr 18

This truth you speak of is it absolute or relative?

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
16 Apr 18

I personally think the Bible speaks to people in unique ways. It’s probably not correct for me to have said that means different interpretations are possible with each being valid, but I do think what someone takes away from a verse and/or passage and how it benefits him or her is not uniform across all believers.
Hits ya where you're at.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Apr 18

Originally posted by @secondson
Hits ya where you're at.
Yes, much more succinct way of saying what I was trying to say

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
16 Apr 18

Presumably if you were able to respond with a cogent argument, you would have.

Failing that, all you have is what amounts to an incoherent ad hom.

"Never ceases to amaze me how so many Christians hate truth and choose to live in darkness - denial of the truth."

Ironic to say at the least since everything you post is in denial of the truth.

Now, unless you have undeniable evidence to substantiate your claims that the Word of God is less than inerrant and infallible restrain yourself from troubling the forum with your canned opinions.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
16 Apr 18

In the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry, He never claimed to be God.
It's there. You just can't see it.

Consider Isaiah 44:6 and Revelation 22:13.

Rajk can't do it, but maybe you have more brass than him. We'll see.

l

Moves
16 Apr 18

Originally posted by @secondson
It's there. You just can't see it.

Consider Isaiah 44:6 and Revelation 22:13.

Rajk can't do it, but maybe you have more brass than him. We'll see.
You might add these also...

Old Testament

Exodus 3:13-15 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

13 Then Moses said to God, “Behold, I am going to the sons of Israel, and I will say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you.’ Now they may say to me, ‘What is His name?’ What shall I say to them?” 14 God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM”; and He said, “Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’” 15 God, furthermore, said to Moses, “Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, ‘The Lord, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.’ This is My name forever, and this is My memorial-name to all generations.

New Testament

John 8:56-59 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

56 Your father Abraham rejoiced [a]to see My day, and he saw it and was glad.” 57 So the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?” 58 Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am.” 59 Therefore they picked up stones to throw at Him, but Jesus child Himself and went out of the temple.

John 10:30-33 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

30 I and the Father are one.” 31 The Jews picked up stones again to stone Him. 32 Jesus answered them, “I showed you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you stoning Me?” 33 The Jews answered Him, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God.

John 5:18 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

18 For this reason therefore the Jews were seeking all the more to kill Him, because He not only was breaking the Sabbath, but also was calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God.

And there is John 1:1

John 1:1 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Jesus is the Word, he is God and he is not created. Problem is, Jesus being God is an afront to sinful man, to acknowledge Jesus as God is to then have to deal with sin. We don't want to do that.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Apr 18

Originally posted by @leunammi
You might add these also...

[b]Old Testament

Exodus 3:13-15 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

13 Then Moses said to God, “Behold, I am going to the sons of Israel, and I will say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you.’ Now they may say to me, ‘What is His name?’ What shall I say to them?” 14 God said to Moses, [i]“I A ...[text shortened]... ul man, to acknowledge Jesus as God is to then have to deal with sin. We don't want to do that.
Did not Jesus say that God His Father was greater than Him?
Where does that fit in.

Did not Paul also say that the head of Christ is God?