1. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 22:56
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Hasn't your Watchtower organization made false prophecies in the
    name of the Lord? What demons will you tell Him you have expelled?
    What wonderful works will you claimed to have done in His name?
    no we have originated no prophecies, we have merely sought to understand prophecy
    already written. I will tell him nothing, we dont do casting out of daemons, writhing
    around on the kingdom hall floor or any of that baptist jive.
  2. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 23:15
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    the point is, if Christ is all encompassing lovey dovey namby pamby as you say he is,
    then explain those verses, for clearly there are persons claiming to be christian who
    are nothing of the sort.
    A person such as yourself who claims that only JW'S are right and all other Christians are wrong is definitely not doing the will of the father. And no I don't think Jesus is namby pamby, you said that. God is love, so Jesus must be love. Do you disagree with that.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 23:48
    Originally posted by boonon
    A person such as yourself who claims that only JW'S are right and all other Christians are wrong is definitely not doing the will of the father. And no I don't think Jesus is namby pamby, you said that. God is love, so Jesus must be love. Do you disagree with that.
    What is the "Will" that we Christians should be doing?
  4. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    13 Jan '12 02:30
    Originally posted by galveston75
    What is the "Will" that we Christians should be doing?
    I was quoting what was posted. Matthew 7 21-23. The way you phrased your question makes me think you do not consider me an equal christian with you.

As for your question I suppose that's already been covered in a previous thread, but I would be open to a new one. I would want to discuss

1. Gods sovereign will
    2. Gods perfect will
    3. Gods revealed will

God's revealed will would probably be easier to discuss since it can be found all over scripture.

Read alot of these threads over the past few months and notice a lot of bickering between fellow believers. Just don't understand it.

Philippians 2 1-2
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    13 Jan '12 02:42
    There is one faith, one baptism, one God over all and one son, Jesus Christ and one organisation, Jehovahs Christian Witnesses. No imitations will do.
    There is one faith, one baptism, one God over all and one son, Jesus Christ and one organisation, Jehovahs Christian Witnesses. No imitations will do.

I am curious why you did not quote the passage entirely, or include Paul's word of the Father being "in all".

" ... One Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all." (See Eph. 4:5,6)

Why did you leave out that the Father is "in all" of the members of the one Body ?

Jesus promised that the one Lord, Himself, would come to make an abode with the lover of Jesus, and with Him, the Father.

"Jesus answered and said to him, If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word, and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make an abode with him." (John 14:23)

Now we can see why, to the disciples in the "one Body", the "one God and Father" is in them all.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Jan '12 03:09
    so there are true christians and false christians then, as Christ pointed out, i want to hear you say it.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Jan '12 03:121 edit
    I did so because i was quoting it from the top of my head, i did not look at the verse prior to posting my comments.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Jan '12 03:30
    I did so because i was quoting it from the top of my head, i did not look at the verse prior to posting my comments.
    The following is the way your New World Translation has it:

One body there is, and one spirit, even as YOU were called in the one hope to which YOU were called; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all [persons], who is over all and through all and in all.
    (Ephesians 4:4-6 NWT)

Notice that one spirit is included in that too.
  9. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    13 Jan '12 12:01
    so there are true christians and false christians then, as Christ pointed out, i want to hear you say it.
    I guess 'you' could call them false Christians. I believe that Jesus meant they were never 'Christian' to begin with. Why the need to hear me say it? You seem to have a lot of anger towards non JW's. You never answered my question. If God is love is not also Jesus love? Thank you in advance for your answer.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Jan '12 13:04
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The following is the way your New World Translation has it:

One body there is, and one spirit, even as YOU were called in the one hope to which YOU were called; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all [persons], who is over all and through all and in all.
    (Ephesians 4:4-6 NWT)

Notice that one spirit is included in that too.
    I am perfectly aware of what the superlative New World Translation of the Holy
    scriptures states, the term spirit is in many instances ambiguous making it ripe
    pickings for the trinitarain to impose his neoplatonic metaphysical concepts upon, just
    as you are now attempting to do.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Jan '12 13:141 edit
    I guess 'you' could call them false Christians. I believe that Jesus meant they were never 'Christian' to begin with. Why the need to hear me say it? You seem to have a lot of anger towards non JW's. You never answered my question. If God is love is not also Jesus love? Thank you in advance for your answer.
    I have no issues with anyone, Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Sikh or Jew nor am i angry.
    I would be pleased if you would refrain from getting personal, after all, its not about
    me, is it. Jesus perfectly reflected his fathers love, that is why it is written, '

(John 13:34-35) . . .I am giving you a new commandment, that you love one another;
    just as I have loved you, that you also love one another.  By this all will know that you
    are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves.”

clearly Jesus was the very embodiment of love, but i have a question for you, in
    what way is this commandment new and how did Jesus exemplify love. This is
    extremely important for as the verse states its the identifying mark of a true disciple
    of Jesus Christ. Thanks in advance.
  12. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    13 Jan '12 13:422 edits
    I see. Maybe you are just not accustomed to thinking about that part in the JWs. But you see, that the Father is the abiding God after being born again is crucial.

In fact that is really why the believers refer to Him as "Father". Now this Jehovah God is not just the Creator "up there," the King "up there," the Sovereign "out there". After being born of God He is the indwelling One to be our divine life. He is over all, through all, and in all of the Christians.

So we have to make certain that we have received Christ and been born again.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Jan '12 14:05
    Originally posted by jaywill
    I see. Maybe you are just not accustomed to thinking about that part in the JWs. But you see, that the Father is the abiding God after being born again is crucial.

In fact that is [b]really
    why the believers refer to Him as "Father". Now this Jehovah God is not just the Creator "up there," the King "up there," the Sovereign "out there". After bei ...[text shortened]... ians.

So we have to make certain that we have received Christ and been born again.[/b]
    the Father is the abiding God after being born again is crucial. - neoplatonic
    metaphysics, AGAIN, not explicitly stated in scripture, the father cannot be born
    again, he has no beginning and no end, having always existed, this is not the same
    with the Christ, who is the 'firstborn, of all creation', Col 1:15, actually explicitly
    stated in scripture, sorry, but you have been caught , AGAIN, trying to portray
    elements that the Bible itself soundly refutes. Your trinity is not a product of
    scripture Jaywill, that is why you are continually reflecting its very nature, time and
    time again attempting to portray elements that are not explicit in the sacred text

please explain this verse to me Jaywill, if Jesus is God,

No one has seen God at any time; the only-begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the
    Father, *he* hath declared [him]. - John 1:18 - Darby translation,

1.Why is Christ termed the only-begotten?
    2.No man has seen God at any time, yet many persons beheld the Christ, yet the
    verse cannot be nullified.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Jan '12 14:22
    no we have originated no prophecies, we have merely sought to understand prophecy
    already written. ...
    Here is a prophecy originated by the Watch Tower Organisation. There is no prophecy in the Bible which states that the patriarchs listed in Hebrews 11 will return in 1925. They are not trying to understand prophecy here. They are CREATING new prophecies. And all, 100% have failed. God is laughing at the WT org for their arrogance and stupidity. God is laughing at you for being so stupid and blind and for supporting their failures.

Whats worse you spend your time laughing at the rest of the world, when your own house is corrupt and Godless.

Beginning in 1920, Rutherford declared, "As we have heretofore stated, the great jubilee cycle is due to begin in 1925. At that time the earthly phase of the kingdom shall be recognized." How would it be recognized? What event would trigger the ushering in of the kingdom?

Rutherford explained, "Therefore we may confidently expect that 1925 will mark the return of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and the faithful prophets of old, particularly those named by the Apostle in Hebrews chapter eleven, to the condition of human perfection" (Millions Now Living Will Never Die, pp. 89-90).

This was an exciting prophecy. Jehovah's Witnesses around the world anticipated their cause being justified by the physical manifestation of these biblical patriarchs. When 1925 did come, but Abraham and the rest did not, some of Rutherford's followers left the fold. Others still believed that though they were late in their anticipated time of arrival, the Hebrews 11 crew would be back shortly. Even though it had not occurred by 1929, it was still a topic of much excited anticipation.

http://www.bibletopics.com/biblestudy/91.htm
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Jan '12 14:582 edits
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Here is a prophecy originated by the Watch Tower Organisation. There is no prophecy in the Bible which states that the patriarchs listed in Hebrews 11 will return in 1925. They are not trying to understand prophecy here. They are CREATING new prophecies. And all, 100% have failed. God is laughing at the WT org for their arrogance and stupidity. God is laughi a topic of much excited anticipation.[/i]

http://www.bibletopics.com/biblestudy/91.htm
    we have originated no prophecy, we have merely sought to understand prophecy already written.

God is laughing at us, i dont think so, we are increasing day by day, hour by hour,
    infact, by the end of this day, almost 1000 people worldwide will have become
    Jehovahs witnesses, perhaps even more, but because you dont have any works, your
    faith is dead and you are no good to anyone.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree