1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 19:173 edits
    A number of splinter groups have separated from Jehovah's Witnesses since 1931
    after members broke affiliation with the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of
    Pennsylvania. Earlier group defections from the Watch Tower Society, most of
    them between 1917 and 1931, had resulted in a number of religious movements
    forming under the umbrella term of the Bible Student movement.

After 1931, some isolated groups of Jehovah's Witnesses came to distrust "outside"
    instruction; some preferred their autonomy even after persecution and isolation
    abated, such as in Germany following World War II, in Romania following Nicolae
    Ceauşescu, and in the former USSR following the Cold War. Beginning in the
    1990s, other former Witnesses used Internet technologies to group themselves around
    shared ideas such as numerical analysis of the Bible, or a wish to embrace some
    but not all Jehovah's Witness beliefs and practices. Jesse Hemery was appointed
    overseer of the Watch Tower Society's British Isles branch office by Russell in
    1901, holding that post until 1946. Hemery founded the Goshen Fellowship after
    he was disfellowshipped by N.H. Knorr in 1951.

In 1993, mathematician Gordon Ritchie requested baptism by Jehovah's Witnesses
    and almost immediately began advocating disagreements with their teachings. He
    claims he was expelled for apostasy in March 1996. Ritchie contends that
    Jehovah's Witnesses constituted true religion until 2004, but that his own
    group of "Lord's Witnesses" is now the sole form of true worship. The group
    claims several hundred adherents, and argues that their mathematical analysis
    of the Bible contains divine revelations that Jehovah's Witnesses have ignored.

In 2007, Jehovah's Witness apologist and author Greg G. Stafford, author of
    "Defending Jehovah's Witnesses" (Elihu Books), formally disassociated from the
    religion, while insisting on describing himself and his followers as "Jehovah's
    Witnesses". Stafford has published information about Jehovah's Witnesses,
    defending many of their unique and central beliefs, such as nontrinitarianism.
    In 2007 Stafford introduced the term "Christian Witnesses of Jah" to describe
    individuals who believe many of the same things as Jehovah's Witnesses, but who
    may not embrace the organization or all of its theological teachings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah%27s_Witnesses_splinter_groups
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 19:252 edits
    There is one faith, one baptism, one God over all and one son, Jesus Christ and one organisation, Jehovahs Christian Witnesses. No imitations will do.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 19:27
    I wonder how many more denominations of Jehovah's Witnesses will
    result from these splinter groups as Wikipedia calls them.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 19:312 edits
    The term Jehovahs Christian Witnesses has been in long use before your zoob friend decided to claim the phrase for himself. There are no denominations of Jehovahs Witnesses , these others zoob groups just cant cut the mustard.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 19:45
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    The term Jehovahs Christian Witnesses has been in long use before your zoob friend decided to claim the phrase for himself. There are no denominations of Jehovahs Witnesses , these others zoob groups just cant cut the mustard.
    They just haven't been given enough time, yet. Who can tell, some of
    them may become bigger than the main group one day. That is what
    you call real evolution. 😏
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 20:27
    There is one faith, one baptism, one God over all and one son, Jesus Christ and one organisation, Jehovahs Christian Witnesses. No imitations will do.
    Interesting how you mix Biblical scripture with your JW words, i.e adding "one organisation". This is very poor robbie and you should apologise.

Organisations have absolutely nothing to do with the Lord Jesus Christ, it is your cultish mindset that drives this talk.
  7. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 21:20
    You had me till the end with your 'one organization' Jehovah's Christian witnesses. That is pure hog wash. The bible states we are one church body in which Jesus is the head of the church and we 'ALL' are the body. No where does the Bible state what you have said. In a perfect world there would be no denominations, however our world is not perfect. The adversary keeps everyone busy arguing over who's denomination knows the real truth. This arguing between believers over doctrine keeps us away from our true task of spreading Gods word of salvation to un believers.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 21:432 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Interesting how you mix Biblical scripture with your JW words, i.e adding [b]"one organisation". This is very poor robbie and you should apologise.

Organisations have absolutely nothing to do with the Lord Jesus Christ, it is your cultish mindset that drives this talk.[/b]
    its not poor at all, you have no love among yourselves, you do not carry Gods name to
    the people, and you have no public ministry, these are the identifying marks of true
    Christianity. No imitation Christians allowed!
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 21:47
    Originally posted by boonon
    You had me till the end with your 'one organization' Jehovah's Christian witnesses. That is pure hog wash. The bible states we are one church body in which Jesus is the head of the church and we 'ALL' are the body. No where does the Bible state what you have said. In a perfect world there would be no denominations, however our world is not perfect. The advers ...[text shortened]... rine keeps us away from our true task of spreading Gods word of salvation to un believers.
    the identifying mark of true Christianity is that Christ disciples would have love among
    themselves, this cannot be true of nominal Christianity which has engaged in two world
    wars in which millions of christians killed literally millions of other christians. This is
    lawlessness for it forsakes the Love of the Christ, ' i never knew you, get away from
    me you workers of lawlessness'.
  10. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 22:13
    the identifying mark of true Christianity is that Christ disciples would have love among
    themselves, this cannot be true of nominal Christianity which has engaged in two world
    wars in which millions of christians killed literally millions of other christians. This is
    lawlessness for it forsakes the Love of the Christ, ' i never knew you, get away from
    me you workers of lawlessness'.
    There is no such thing as nominal Christianity. That is something you have thought up and obviously judged others by. You should leave judgement unto God. God wants everyone to accept Jesus as their savior and to be saved. Not just somebody in a group that calls themselves Jehova's witnesses.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 22:13
    the identifying mark of true Christianity is that Christ disciples would have love among themselves,
    Yes, and yet you keep calling your Christian brothers "nominal".

Don't you adhere to your own philosophy?

God knows the difference between what comes out of your mouth and what is written on your heart, Robbie. Man, not so much.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 22:18
    There is no such thing as nominal Christianity. That is something you have thought up and obviously judged others by. You should leave judgement unto God. God wants everyone to accept Jesus as their savior and to be saved. Not just somebody in a group that calls themselves Jehova's witnesses.
    really then how are we to explain Christ's words?

(Matthew 7:21-23) . . .“Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the
    kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the
    heavens will.  Many will say to me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in
    your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in
    your name?’ And yet then I will confess to them: I never knew you! Get away from
    me, you workers of lawlessness.
  13. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 22:36

(Matthew 7:21-23) . . .“Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the
    heavens will.  Many will say to me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in
    your name, and expel demons in your name, and ...[text shortened]... then I will confess to them: I never knew you! Get away from
    I think you should read those verses again, maybe a few times. I do not see your organization mentioned anywhere in that verse.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 22:37
    I think you should read those verses again, maybe a few times. I do not see your organization mentioned anywhere in that verse.
    the point is, if Christ is all encompassing lovey dovey namby pamby as you say he is,
    then explain those verses, for clearly there are persons claiming to be christian who
    are nothing of the sort.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Jan '12 22:52

your name, and expel demons in your name, and ...[text shortened]... then I will confess to them: I never knew you! Get away from
    Hasn't your Watchtower organization made false prophecies in the
    name of the Lord? What demons will you tell Him you have expelled?
    What wonderful works will you claimed to have done in His name?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree