1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    09 May '08 10:49
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    For example. I have a hard time understanding that book. Help me out.
    So do I. Are you familiar with the 70 weeks prophesy of Daniel?
    Basically, revelation chronicles the events that occur during the 70th week. Including the thousand years Christ rules on the throne of David.

To put revelation in perspective you will have to believe that this present age must end first with the rapture of the Church and the rise of the Antichrist. As I see it, no prophetic event has been fulfilled since Pentecost, but will resume at the end of the age of grace.

It is all quite clear when one understands the word "rightly divided". 2 Tim. 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

I wish to God I could convey this truth to you!
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    09 May '08 10:54
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    Dispensationalism is not Biblical--don't worry about it.
    1Co 9:17 For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.

Eph 1:10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

Eph 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Col 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

Dispensation simply means "house rule or economy". God doesn't change, but does change what He is doing at different times to accomplish His will.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    09 May '08 11:11
    Originally posted by josephw
    As I see it, no prophetic event has been fulfilled since Pentecost, but will resume at the end of the age of grace.
    So do you believe that the return of Jews to Israel is not the prophesied event? Does that mean they must be kicked out again first?
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    11 May '08 07:11
    Presently God is extending His grace to all who will believe. But when this age ends God will resume prophetic events as described in revelation.
    I love it. In the far past and the indefinite future, reality was/will be as the OT describes it. But right now we live in a bubble in which things are different. Right...
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    11 May '08 12:30
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I love it. In the far past and the indefinite future, reality was/will be as the OT describes it. But right now we live in a bubble in which things are different. Right...
    Yes and no.

Biblically speaking the world we live in was a battle field where God used Israel to accomplish his purposes until the messiah came. Now the battle field is in the mind. This probably sounds strange to you. I don't have time here, now, to go into detail, but when this age we live in now draws to a close God will once again resume the prophetic program on earth.

Please try not to respond to this subjectively. Consider objectively what the Bible says concerning historical events. Whether you believe it or not has little to do with the facts of the record. It is what it is.
  6. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    11 May '08 18:10
    Yes and no.

Biblically speaking the world we live in was a battle field where God used Israel to accomplish his purposes until the messiah came. Now the battle field is in the mind. This probably sounds strange to you. I don't have time here, now, to go into detail, but when this age we live in now draws to a close God will once again resume the prophetic ...[text shortened]... Whether you believe it or not has little to do with the facts of the record. It is what it is.
    What objective historical event should I be looking for in terms of what is to come?
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    11 May '08 18:16
    What objective historical event should I be looking for in terms of what is to come?
    The "rapture" of the church.

1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

After that all hell breaks loose.
  8. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    11 May '08 18:22
    The "rapture" of the church.

1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

After that all hell breaks loose.
    What does "all hell breaking loose" look like? What can I expect?
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    11 May '08 19:01
    What does "all hell breaking loose" look like? What can I expect?
    God's wrath!

You can expect not to be here. Right?
  10. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    11 May '08 21:00
    God's wrath!

You can expect not to be here. Right?
    I just try to live in the moment.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    11 May '08 21:12
    I just try to live in the moment.
    1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

Don't let the moment pass you by! 🙂
  12. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    12 May '08 22:14
    It seems the media will just not give up focusing on Rev. Wright. As I have been looking at personalities like Sean Hannity and others on Fox (forgive me , Lord), they seem to relish in these statements from his sermons. But are his sermons any more outrageous than the oracles of doom from other prophets in the Bible, namely that other Jeremiah. Is th ...[text shortened]... e job of the minister is not to run a popularity contest but rather to speak the message of God?
    From what I've seen, the man issues Jeremiads, as did Jonathan Edwards in an earlier era. The distance Obama has tried to draw between himself and his former pastor is the best reason I've found not to vote for him.
  13. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    13 May '08 00:46
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    From what I've seen, the man issues Jeremiads, as did Jonathan Edwards in an earlier era. The distance Obama has tried to draw between himself and his former pastor is the best reason I've found not to vote for him.
    I kind of wish he had said something to the effect. "Here goes whitey trying to tell the poor brothas and sistas which spirituals to sing while whitey passes the collection plate for the political action committee."
  14. Joined
    08 Dec '07
    Moves
    14 May '08 18:35
    Presently God is extending His grace to all who will believe. But when this age ends God will resume prophetic events as described in revelation.
    Wow. You must be able to read the mind of "God".
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    15 May '08 10:28
    Originally posted by mjolnir
    Wow. You must be able to read the mind of "God".
    1Co.2:14-16
    But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

If one knows the scriptures one knows the mind of God. God's will is revealed in the Bible.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree