1. Cape Town
    Moves
    16 May '08 09:21
    Originally posted by josephw
    1Co.2:14-16
    But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Chr ...[text shortened]...

If one knows the scriptures one knows the mind of God. God's will is revealed in the Bible.
    I guess it is my lack of a decoder ring that makes me think that the verse you quoted specifically says that nobody knows the mind of God.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 May '08 10:00
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I guess it is my lack of a decoder ring that makes me think that the verse you quoted specifically says that nobody knows the mind of God.
    You should get a decoder ring! 😉
  3. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    25 May '08 14:44
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    It seems the media will just not give up focusing on Rev. Wright. As I have been looking at personalities like Sean Hannity and others on Fox (forgive me , Lord), they seem to relish in these statements from his sermons. But are his sermons any more outrageous than the oracles of doom from other prophets in the Bible, namely that other Jeremiah. Is th ...[text shortened]... e job of the minister is not to run a popularity contest but rather to speak the message of God?
    His theology is sound, and well articulated, unfortunately it also scares the bejeezus out of white people. Black liberation theology tends to do that.If asked, most people would deny being racist, but the truth is that they are passive racist (much like passive aggresive). Just because a person doesn't advocate for racism, and doesn't overtly act racist, doesn't mean they arn't. Failure to speak out against injustice, is passive racism. This is what truly scares the establishmnet.
  4. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    25 May '08 14:481 edit
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    If the "message of God" is that the US Government infected our citizens with AIDS, or that we deserved what happened on 9/11, I'd agree with you. But God did not give Wright that message--which makes him a false prophet, a liar, and/or a racist, Most assuredly, NOT a reverend.
    How do you know that God didn't give him that message? Are you privvy to the process he uses to write his sermons? God works in ways that you and I cannot understand. So, if he is right about what he says, and God did give him the revelation, then he would in fact be a true prophet of God
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 May '08 20:09
    What's the matter with you guys?

Don't you remember the civil right movement.

Martin Luther King was a registered republican.

Don't even try to compare Wright and Obama to Dr. King. Their both racists as evidenced by what comes out of their own mouths. Obama is the most liberal democrat in the senate. His ideas are Marxist, and he is a political opportunist just like the rest of them running this country into the ground.

Stop posting you're stupid junk. Your own racism is thinly veiled.
  6. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    25 May '08 23:05
    What's the matter with you guys?

Don't you remember the civil right movement.

Martin Luther King was a registered republican.

Don't even try to compare Wright and Obama to Dr. King. Their both racists as evidenced by what comes out of their own mouths. Obama is the most liberal democrat in the senate. His ideas are Marxist, and he is a political opp ...[text shortened]... untry into the ground.

Stop posting you're stupid junk. Your own racism is thinly veiled.
    Can you give examples of their racism?
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 May '08 23:33
    Can you give examples of their racism?
    Why? You're alot smarter than me. You know the score.
  8. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    25 May '08 23:41
    Why? You're alot smarter than me. You know the score.
    Do you believe that white people will be enslaved after he is elected?
  9. Joined
    10 Jul '07
    Moves
    26 May '08 07:56
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    How do you know God didn't tell him to say these things? Do you know God's mind so well? What happened to God being inexplicable?
    We all know what's in God's mind. It's in the Bible. God Does not care about the color of one's skin. God is Spirit. John 4:24. Man cares about those things. All issues of race should never leave one's mouth unless he or she is pointing out the fact that it is wrong to judge someone due to their race. Pointing down someone due to their color is like saying God made a mistake. You are the color God made you. If your black or white or any color in between, we have no right to put them down. Unless we can produce something better than God. Then you can put down God's work (man never will or even come close to doing that). We are equal, we should address their character,not their color, that's where Wright made his mistake. May Jesus bless you all.
  10. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    26 May '08 08:041 edit
    Originally posted by realeyez
    We all know what's in God's mind. It's in the Bible. God Does not care about the color of one's skin. God is Spirit. John 4:24. Man cares about those things. All issues of race should never leave one's mouth unless he or she is pointing out the fact that it is wrong to judge someone due to their race. Pointing down someone due to their color is like saying character,not their color, that's where Wright made his mistake. May Jesus bless you all.
    He seems awfully indecisive in the bible then. One millenia it's kill all unbelievers, and their children, next millenia it's love thy neighbour. All so confusing....

I wonder about the bible too - if God really is all powerful, why does the bible need any interpretation? Surely he could write a book which would speak to every one of us individually in language that we could know and understand, filling us with wonderment and joy. Instead we get "Grimm's Big Boring Book of Contradictions".

May the FSM rain down his sauce upon you.
  11. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 May '08 10:13
    You should get a decoder ring! 😉
    I thnk he's too busy with the ring in his nose being led around by Darwin.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 May '08 10:481 edit
    Originally posted by realeyez
    We all know what's in God's mind. It's in the Bible.
    Both mind reading and Bible reading are subject to difficulties in interpretation. The very fact that we are disagreeing in this thread is direct evidence that we most emphatically do not all know what is in the mind of God.

You are the color God made you.
    Except for Michael Jackson and quite a lot of other people who get themselves tanned or use skin lightening creams (very popular in Zambia).
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 May '08 11:05
    Do you believe that white people will be enslaved after he is elected?
    Kirksey, for heavens' sakes, how can you think I would think that?!

I could care less about race when we're talking about the future of this nation. Racism exist, and it will never go away as long as man runs this show. The issue of racism has been politicised.

You and I don't know each other well enough to make assumptions about how we feel about our color. But I'll tell you this. I've been everywhere in this country. I've known folks from every walk of life. I have lived with, and worked with, and played with guys of most every race. And fought with too. And I did it in the city and in the country and every place in between. I'm Italian. You know what that means.

Did you ever play mumbly peg?
  14. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    26 May '08 12:45
    Kirksey, for heavens' sakes, how can you think I would think that?!

I could care less about race when we're talking about the future of this nation. Racism exist, and it will never go away as long as man runs this show. The issue of racism has been politicised.

You and I don't know each other well enough to make assumptions about how we feel about our ...[text shortened]... place in between. I'm Italian. You know what that means.

I was talking to a nice Christian lady the other day. One whom I have known for a couple of years. A very reasonable woman, yet out of the blue she said she felt if Obama were elected, he would enslave the white people. I know it sounds crazy, but so-called reasonable people are capable of crazy thinking.

No, I don't know what it means that you're Italian. Is it related to the mafia?
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    27 May '08 08:20
    I was talking to a nice Christian lady the other day. One whom I have known for a couple of years. A very reasonable woman, yet out of the blue she said she felt if Obama were elected, he would enslave the white people. I know it sounds crazy, but so-called reasonable people are capable of crazy thinking.

No, I don't know what it means that you're Italian. Is it related to the mafia?
    Wouldn't that be strange? Imagine if the course of history led to the enslavement of the white race. Then there would be another civil war and we'd have to go through all that crap again.

Italians get along with everybody.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree