Jeremiah Wright and Jeremiah (in the Bible)

Jeremiah Wright and Jeremiah (in the Bible)

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
04 May 08

It seems the media will just not give up focusing on Rev. Wright. As I have been looking at personalities like Sean Hannity and others on Fox (forgive me , Lord), they seem to relish in these statements from his sermons. But are his sermons any more outrageous than the oracles of doom from other prophets in the Bible, namely that other Jeremiah. Is there not a single media commentator who is willing to say that the job of the minister is not to run a popularity contest but rather to speak the message of God?

DS

Moves
05 May 08

Originally posted by kirksey957
It seems the media will just not give up focusing on Rev. Wright. As I have been looking at personalities like Sean Hannity and others on Fox (forgive me , Lord), they seem to relish in these statements from his sermons. But are his sermons any more outrageous than the oracles of doom from other prophets in the Bible, namely that other Jeremiah. Is th ...[text shortened]... e job of the minister is not to run a popularity contest but rather to speak the message of God?
Corporate media pundits don't say much that is useful. They can talk about Rev. Wright's "anger" or his "ego-mania" or his "refusal to give up the lime-light" or his "Anti-Americanism"... but they will not discuss the veracity of what he says. Everything is dismissed as old-school "black anger"- something inexplicable and irrational, based in nothing... and "something Obama has moved past..."

personally, I have lost respect for Obama as he has denounced Rev. Wright. as a minister of a Christian God, Rev. Wright has only regurgitated a basic tenet of the Christian Bible: violence begets violence... or, in other words, the US cannot use war and terrorism in other countries without inviting war and terrorism on itself.

but in the present state of media in the US, the idea that the US shouldn't use war and terrorism as political devices is derided as "Anti-American."

Rev. Jeremiah Wright for President!

P

weedhopper

Moves
05 May 08

It seems the media will just not give up focusing on Rev. Wright. As I have been looking at personalities like Sean Hannity and others on Fox (forgive me , Lord), they seem to relish in these statements from his sermons. But are his sermons any more outrageous than the oracles of doom from other prophets in the Bible, namely that other Jeremiah. Is th ...[text shortened]... e job of the minister is not to run a popularity contest but rather to speak the message of God?
If the "message of God" is that the US Government infected our citizens with AIDS, or that we deserved what happened on 9/11, I'd agree with you. But God did not give Wright that message--which makes him a false prophet, a liar, and/or a racist, Most assuredly, NOT a reverend.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
05 May 08

Originally posted by PinkFloyd
Most assuredly, NOT a reverend.
People have said the same of our own Brotha Kirksey.

Hmmm . . .

Moves
05 May 08

Here, just for interest, is a commentary on the prophet Jeremiah by Rabbi Moshe Reiss, Ph.D. It's long, but--

http://www.moshereiss.org/messenger/10_jeremiah/10_jeremiah.html

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
06 May 08

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
People have said the same of our own Brotha Kirksey.
You got me to thinkin about all the parallels between me and Rev. Wright. We are the same skin color. We are both vilified and misunderstood. We make sense except to the playa haters. We love Jesus.

P

weedhopper

Moves
06 May 08

You got me to thinkin about all the parallels between me and Rev. Wright. We are the same skin color. We are both vilified and misunderstood. We make sense except to the playa haters. We love Jesus.
Hope you don't share the other Rev Wright qualities:
America-hater
Liar
IQ of a carrot...

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
06 May 08

Hope you don't share the other Rev Wright qualities:
America-hater
Liar
IQ of a carrot...
All have been said about me.

P

weedhopper

Moves
06 May 08

All have been said about me.
Sounds like both of you have some truly loathsome qualities. I shall pray for you both to mend thy ways.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
06 May 08

Sounds like both of you have some truly loathsome qualities. I shall pray for you both to mend thy ways.
Well said.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
06 May 08

If the "message of God" is that the US Government infected our citizens with AIDS, or that we deserved what happened on 9/11, I'd agree with you. But God did not give Wright that message--which makes him a false prophet, a liar, and/or a racist, Most assuredly, NOT a reverend.
How do you know God didn't tell him to say these things? Do you know God's mind so well? What happened to God being inexplicable?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
06 May 08

Is "goddamn America" the message of God?

Cape Town

Moves
06 May 08

Originally posted by josephw
It sounds like something straight out of the OT. Prophets frequently went around telling the people that they were damned by God or asking God to damn them.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
06 May 08

Originally posted by josephw
Don't you read the Bible? Just substitute the name of any country in place of America.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
06 May 08

Don't you read the Bible? Just substitute the name of any country in place of America.
Goddamn Sodom