1. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 18:23
    Originally posted by Eladar
    I provided quote. You just asked who is more authoritative Jesus or Paul.
    I asked you just a couple hrs ago:

I would be very interested in seeing reference to support your view that Jesus died for sinners who believe in him and not all sinners.

Did you provide any?
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 18:27
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I asked you just a couple hrs ago:

I would be very interested in seeing reference to support your view that Jesus died for sinners who believe in him and not all sinners.

Did you provide any?
    God so loved the world that he gave his only son so that those who believe in him should have eternal life.

Romans 9:18

Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 18:37
    Originally posted by Eladar
    God so loved the world that he gave his only son so that those who believe in him should have eternal life.

Romans 9:18

Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden.
    Those who believe will have eternal life.

How does that equate to your statement that Christ died for only those who believe. Bear in mind that that Bible says that Christ died FOR THE SINS OF THE WORLD.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 18:38

How does that equate to your statement that Christ died for only those who believe. Bear in mind that that Bible says that Christ died FOR THE SINS OF THE WORLD.
    I already gave the quote you wanted.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 18:44

You have just stated that some people are doomed to hell, from birth.

Now you are saying that Christ died for the sins of the world. Are those people not part of the 'world'?

Hopefully you will also address my question on the previous page as to why God would create a human, knowing his destiny has already been pre-determined to go directly to hell for eternity.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 18:52
    Originally posted by chaney3
    You have just stated that some people are doomed to hell, from birth.

Now you are saying that Christ died for the sins of the world. Are those people not part of the 'world'?

Hopefully you will also address my question on the previous page as to why God would create a human, knowing his destiny has already been pre-determined to go directly to hell for eternity.
    Christ died for the sins of the world. That much is clear from the Bible.
    Whether or not someone can enter the Kingdom of God depends upon their conduct.

Dont ask me why God does anything. You may get your opportunity to ask him yourself one day.
  7. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 19:08
    Christ died for the sins of the world. That much is clear from the Bible.
    Whether or not someone can enter the Kingdom of God depends upon their conduct.

Dont ask me why God does anything. You may get your opportunity to ask him yourself one day.
    By 'conduct' you mean 'works'?
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 19:111 edit
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    By 'conduct' you mean 'works'?
    John 5
    . 28“Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice, 29and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 19:131 edit
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    John 5
    . 28“Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice, 29and will come forth; [b]those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.
    [/b]
    As Paul writes if you believe but your sin is not what you desire then it is not your sin. So all of your deeds will be good deeds while those who do not believe will have worthless deeds to rely upon.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 19:15
    John 5
    . 28“Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice, 29and will come forth; those who did the [b]good deeds
    to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.[/b]
    What about those who did 'some' evil deeds, but mostly 'good' deeds? 🙂
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 19:18
    That is how we'd judge it from our perspective. Break out the scales. God does not say this, only good and evil.
  12. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 19:19
    John 5
    . 28“Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice, 29and will come forth; those who did the [b]good deeds
    to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.[/b]
    All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, which means everyone has at least some evil deeds.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 19:21
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, which means everyone has at least some evil deeds.
    On their own everyone burns.
  14. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 19:345 edits
    With the teachings of Jesus while He walked the Earth, it isn't about "mostly". It's about one or the other:

Luke 6
    43“For there is no good tree which produces bad fruit, nor, on the other hand, a bad tree which produces good fruit. 44“For each tree is known by its own fruit. For men do not gather figs from thorns, nor do they pick grapes from a briar bush.

With Jesus, an individual is either a "good tree" or a "bad tree".

"Good trees" do NOT produce "bad fruit".

"Bad trees" do NOT produce "good fruit".

With Jesus, ultimately it's about transformation. Transformation from a "bad tree" to a "good tree" which only bears "good fruit". It's up to the individual to transform oneself from a "bad tree" to a "good tree".
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 19:53
    With the teachings of Jesus while He walked the Earth, it isn't about "mostly". It's about one or the other:

Luke 6
    [b]43“For there is no good tree which produces bad fruit, nor, on the other hand, a bad tree which produces good fruit.
    44“For each tree is known by its own fruit. For men do not gather figs from thorns, nor do they pick grapes from ...[text shortened]... "good fruit". It's up to the individual to transform oneself from a "bad tree" to a "good tree".[/b]
    Only good trees are branches of Jesus.

If you want to read about it, John 15

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree