15 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 20:097 edits
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Only good trees are branches of Jesus.

If you want to read about it, John 15
    Jesus clearly states the requirement for "abiding":
    John 15
    10“If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.

Only those who KEEP His commandments will "abide". Just as Jesus KEPT His Father's commandments and "abides".

Getting back to Luke 6, those who KEEP His commandments are "good trees" that do NOT produce "bad fruit" - which makes perfect sense.

Furthermore, Jesus clearly states what happens to those who do not "abide":
    John 15
    6“If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away as a branch and dries up; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire and they are burned.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 20:27
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Jesus clearly states the requirement for "abiding":
    John 15
    10“[b]If you keep My commandments
    , you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.

Only those who KEEP His commandments will "abide".

Furthermore, Jesus clearly states what happens to those who do not "abide":
    John 15
    6“If anyone does ...[text shortened]... as a branch and dries up; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire and they are burned.[/b]
    Knd of meaningless for this conversation since each defines God's commands individually.

One would not expect a child of Satan to understand God's commands, but believes lies.
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 23:59
    Knd of meaningless for this conversation since each defines God's commands individually.

One would not expect a child of Satan to understand God's commands, but believes lies.
    Jesus is clearly speaking of KEEPing HIS commandments as a requirement for "abiding".

Listen I get it. The words of Jesus are contrary to your beliefs, so they are meaningless to you.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 00:29
    Jesus is clearly speaking of KEEPing HIS commandments as a requirement for "abiding".

Listen I get it. The words of Jesus are contrary to your beliefs, so they are meaningless to you.
    Yes but what all those commands entail is up for debate.
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 01:453 edits
    Yes but what all those commands entail is up for debate.
    Jesus is quite clear about the foundation of His Commandments:

Matthew 22
    37And He said to him, “ ‘YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.’ 38“This is the great and foremost commandment. 39“The second is like it, ‘YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.’ 40“On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets.”

Matthew 7
    12“In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

Here He gives details:
    Matthew 19
    17...if you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments.” 18Then he said to Him, “Which ones?” And Jesus said, “YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT MURDER; YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY; YOU SHALL NOT STEAL; YOU SHALL NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS; 19HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER; and YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.”

And here He explains how individuals will be judged:
    Matthew 25
    31“But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne. 32“All the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; 33and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left.

34“Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35‘For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; 36naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.’ 37“Then the righteous will answer Him, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? 38‘And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? 39‘When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40“The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’

41“Then He will also say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels; 42for I was hungry, and you gave Me nothing to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me nothing to drink; 43I was a stranger, and you did not invite Me in; naked, and you did not clothe Me; sick, and in prison, and you did not visit Me.’ 44“Then they themselves also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not take care of You?’ 45“Then He will answer them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ 46“These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

It's really not that difficult to understand what Jesus had in mind.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 01:57

Matthew 22
    37And He said to him, “ ‘YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.’ 38“This is the great and foremost commandment. 39“The second is like it, ‘YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.’ 40“On these two commandmen ...[text shortened]... ternal life.”

Evidently it is for you.
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 01:59
    Evidently it is for you.
    In what way exactly?
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 02:10
    In what way exactly?
    What good work did the thief on the cross do?

You do not understand good works must come through a belief in Christ. Jesus intentionally used misleading words so that people like you would be misled.

I suppose it workef. Who am I to try to fix it?
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 02:25
    What good work did the thief on the cross do?

You do not understand good works must come through a belief in Christ. Jesus intentionally used misleading words so that people like you would be misled.

I suppose it workef. Who am I to try to fix it?
    You seem to gotten confused.

We were discussing that Jesus clearly speaks of KEEPing HIS commandments as THE requirement for "abiding".

We were discussing what those commandments entail.

Perhaps you should re-read the overview of the commandments of Jesus that I posted earlier.

Listen I get it. The commandments of Jesus are contrary to your beliefs, so they are meaningless to you. As a result, you are desperately trying to deflect from this fact.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 02:53

Matthew 22
    37And He said to him, “ ‘YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.’ 38“This is the great and foremost commandment. 39“The second is like it, ‘YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.’ 40“On these two commandmen ...[text shortened]... ternal life.”

In the verses you quoted from Matthew 25, I do not go out of my way to do any of it. Likely because I have been too lazy, too selfish, or both.

I'm not exactly sure why I am posting this. Maybe a confession of some kind?
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 02:54
    Lol at one
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 09:50
    Jesus intentionally used misleading words so that people like you would be misled.
    Wait... what???

Is this something from your particular brand of Christianity? "Republican" Christianity, perhaps?

Because I have never heard a Christian say this. Ever.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 10:02
    Originally posted by chaney3
    In the verses you quoted from Matthew 25, I do not go out of my way to do any of it. Likely because I have been too lazy, too selfish, or both.

I'm not exactly sure why I am posting this. Maybe a confession of some kind?
    Psssst, we're not the ones you should be confessing this to.

I'm guessing that Jesus would like to hear more about this, and perhaps what you plan to do about it. A part of faith is trust. Trust that he can do what he said he would do. Why don't you ask him? "Jesus saves" is not just a bumper sticker.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 12:45
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Wait... what???

Is this something from your particular brand of Christianity? "Republican" Christianity, perhaps?

Because I have never heard a Christian say this. Ever.
    Why did Jeaus teach in parables? So that people would not understand. He was being misleading.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '16 13:10
    Why did Jeaus teach in parables? So that people would not understand. He was being misleading.
    It misled him and at least on other in this forum. It left room for misunderstanding and Satan used it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree