1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Dec '17 13:58
    Originally posted by @eladar
    This prayer was before Jesus was arrested. Judas had not officially betraued him yet.

In the context of what Jesus said, the disciples were chosen by God, including Judas.
    The story was written decades and decades after the events by people who were not there.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Dec '17 15:08
    Originally posted by @fmf
    The story was written decades and decades after the events by people who were not there.
    Of course the assumption that what was recorded was true. You may not believe so but I do.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Dec '17 15:53
    But Jehovah was there watching and it's from his words and direction that the bible was written which I doubt you believe in at all....
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Dec '17 16:002 edits
    Originally posted by @galveston75
    But Jehovah was there watching and it's from his words and direction that the bible was written which I doubt you believe in at all....
    Then which version of Judas do you include in the bible, the one where Jude was told by JC he had to do the deed for the good of mankind and all that or the Judas, rat fink? How would you know which story was 'overseen' by your god? Just remember the bible is a political compromise at the counsil of Nicea around the year 400 AD, so HUNDREDS of years after the events. There was ZERO consensus before that and anyone who wrote some vaguely biblical drek would have been read by SOMEBODY. They could have written JC was a girl and somebody would have believed it.

So 400 years ago, just how much do we really knew happened in Europe or the US, how much of what came down is true and what is BS?
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Dec '17 16:32
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Then which version of Judas do you include in the bible, the one where Jude was told by JC he had to do the deed for the good of mankind and all that or the Judas, rat fink? How would you know which story was 'overseen' by your god? Just remember the bible is a political compromise at the counsil of Nicea around the year 400 AD, so HUNDREDS of years after ...[text shortened]... we really knew happened in Europe or the US, how much of what came down is true and what is BS?
    Hey buddy. Well if the bible were just a book, like a history book written by men, yes there would no doubt be some changes either by mistake or much worse on purpose to change a fact on what is being said to match their belief instead of keeping it true as much as possible from the original author.
    But the bible is different and not like any other book. Jehovah is it's author and as hard as it seems for us to believe, this book has been protected by god himself because of it's importance to all humans. The bible is not just an old book to look into from time to time to just help us feel better. It is very alive and extremely current with whats happening in the world we live in now.
    But sadly yes there are a few instances where some words have been changed. Unfortunately some of those few little words are very important ones. But this is where going to the process of "proving scripture with scripture" to see what the bible says on that subject compares to the rest of the bible. If one scripture says the earth is flat but all the rest say it's round, then one can use by comparison to see what the bible really says.

Could you give me the scripture your speaking of on Judas? The one your showing is of Jesus speaking to his Father not to Judas if that's the one your referring too.Thanks...
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Dec '17 19:17
    Hey buddy. Well if the bible were just a book, like a history book written by men, yes there would no doubt be some changes either by mistake or much worse on purpose to change a fact on what is being said to match their belief instead of keeping it true as much as possible from the original author.
    But the bible is different and not like any other ...[text shortened]... g is of Jesus speaking to his Father not to Judas if that's the one your referring too.Thanks...
    This is the part where Jesus tells Jude what's up: (in the Gnostic version):

"JUDAS ASKS ABOUT HIS OWN FATE
    Judas said, “Master, could it be that my seed is under the control of the rulers?”
    Jesus answered and said to him, “Come, that I [—two lines missing—], but that you
    will grieve much when you see the kingdom and all its generation.”
    When he heard this, Judas said to him, “What good is it that I have received it? For
    you have set me apart for that generation.”
    Jesus answered and said, “You will become the thirteenth, and you will be cursed by
    the other generations—and you will come to rule over them. In the last days they will
    curse your ascent [47] to the holy [generation].”
    JESUS TEACHES JUDAS ABOUT COSMOLOGY: THE SPIRIT "
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Dec '17 20:48
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    This is the part where Jesus tells Jude what's up: (in the Gnostic version):

"JUDAS ASKS ABOUT HIS OWN FATE
    Judas said, “Master, could it be that my seed is under the control of the rulers?”
    Jesus answered and said to him, “Come, that I [—two lines missing—], but that you
    will grieve much when you see the kingdom and all its generation.”
    When he hea ...[text shortened]... e your ascent [47] to the holy [generation].”
    JESUS TEACHES JUDAS ABOUT COSMOLOGY: THE SPIRIT "
    Could you show me where this is at in a regular bible? If it's not in the bibles most use today I have serious doubts in this.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Dec '17 21:56
    But sadly yes there are a few instances where some words have been changed. Unfortunately some of those few little words are very important ones. But this is where going to the process of "proving scripture with scripture" to see what the bible says on that subject compares to the rest of the bible. If one scripture says the earth is flat but all the rest say it's round, then one can use by comparison to see what the bible really says.
    This is funny, coming from a group whose radically different theology caused them to rewrite the Bible in their "image".
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Dec '17 21:582 edits
    It would have been interesting if you'd debated Eladar on the matters of sexism and racism (as they pertain to Jesus), which he backed with selective references to scripture. Instead, you seemed to think that heaps of 'Suzianne's scorn' was enough to win the day on this debate/discussion board. No doubt your case would have been stronger than Eladar's, but you ...[text shortened]... adar pushed by you; instead, you just insulted him and avoided tackling the 'arguments' he made.
    The arguments against his foolishness were obvious, at least to anyone not primarily concerned with "heaping scorn" on me.

I argued with him at length on this. Your memory is like a sieve when it comes to things you don't care to remember.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Dec '17 22:45
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    This is funny, coming from a group whose radically different theology caused them to rewrite the Bible in their "image".
    Rewrite? Really? Could you share a few of those rewrites with me?
    We take dead seriously what the bible says down to the very letter. As I know was explained to you many times that if we've done anything, it's to correct the negative influences that pagan doctrines have been added to the bible over the centuries to make those ideas seem real when in fact what you blame us for what has already been done by the "churches" of Babylon such as the trinity, hell fire, etc, etc. You cannot mix falsehood with truths as that will never be accepted by Jehovah. Oh sorry, you detest his name don't you?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Dec '17 23:11
    Rewrite? Really? Could you share a few of those rewrites with me?
    Oh come on you know exactly what she is talking about. All the translational amends in your NWT version which are there to serve the doctrines you teach.

Belonging to a temporal earthly church denomination has absolutely no value whatsoever, Jesus wanted spirit filled followers of his good works, nothing more.

Like many ardent corporate religionists, you are in love with your denomination.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Dec '17 23:26
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Oh come on you know exactly what she is talking about. All the translational amends in your NWT version which are there to serve the doctrines you teach.

Belonging to a temporal earthly church denomination has absolutely no value whatsoever, Jesus wanted spirit filled followers of his good works, nothing more.

Like many ardent corporate religionists, you are in love with your denomination.
    Holy Spirit filled followers. Nothing else matters, but what human can discern the holy spirit?
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    12 Dec '17 01:02
    Originally posted by @divegeester

So you point at me while I point at you. Nothing accomplished. So time will tell huh?
    I'll "promise" you that someday in the future, "you will know Jehovah" and you'll remember all of our little discussions on all this. I hope Jehovah's love and forgiveness will do you well my friend.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Dec '17 01:50
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    The arguments against his foolishness were obvious, at least to anyone not primarily concerned with "heaping scorn" on me.

I argued with him at length on this. Your memory is like a sieve when it comes to things you don't care to remember.
    It would have been more interesting if you had "argued with him at length on this", but you didn't.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Dec '17 12:02
    It would have been more interesting if you had "argued with him at length on this", but you didn't.
    Yeah, I know you get your jollies watching Christians fight, but if you missed it at the time, or it just wasn't "long enough" for you, then too bad. I don't dance to your tune.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree