1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Dec '17 12:05
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Holy Spirit filled followers. Nothing else matters, but what human can discern the holy spirit?
    That you cannot "discern" the Holy Spirit surprises no one. By no means does this mean that no one can.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Dec '17 12:06
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Yeah, I know you get your jollies watching Christians fight, but if you missed it at the time, or it just wasn't "long enough" for you, then too bad. I don't dance to your tune.
    It would be to the betterment of the debates that go on here if you spent more time engaging what dissenters actually say - play the ball, as it were - rather than what you do choose to spend most your time doing.
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    12 Dec '17 12:321 edit
    Originally posted by @fmf
    It would be to the betterment of the debates that go on here if you spent more time engaging what dissenters actually say - play the ball, as it were - rather than what you do choose to spend most your time doing.
    Yet only you are allowed to dodge questions that you find inconvenient to answer?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Dec '17 12:41
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Yet only you are allowed to dodge questions that you find inconvenient to answer?
    The question that Eladar raised about the supposed racism and sexism of Jesus was not a question that was posed to me, and, not being a Christian, there'd be little point in addressing such a question to me. I didn't dodge anything.
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    12 Dec '17 12:50
    The question that Eladar raised about the supposed racism and sexism of Jesus was not a question that was posed to me, and, not being a Christian, there'd be little point in addressing such a question to me. I didn't dodge anything.
    I was not referring to Eladars question but I think you knew that anyway.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Dec '17 12:55
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    I was not referring to Eladars question but I think you knew that anyway.
    If you don't think I spend my time here engaging what dissenters ~ and people who disagree with me about things ~ actually say, then that is your prerogative. I would have liked to have seen Suzianne tackle Eladar's gimmicky little bits of Bible quoting. She says she did. I must have missed it.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Dec '17 15:552 edits
    Originally posted by @galveston75
    Could you show me where this is at in a regular bible? If it's not in the bibles most use today I have serious doubts in this.
    You didn't read this very well. It is NOT in a regular bible. It was found recently and translated, with some lines missing because of deterioration of the script.

Here is the whole thing translated to English:

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/lostgospel/_pdf/GospelofJudas.pdf

This gospel was actually discussed at the council of Nicea and it was political motivations that got it kicked out to be part of the 'bible' which is nothing but a book of political compromises, because literally hundreds of written documents were entered in evidence as to which verse was to be part of the new "bible''. All the books of the bible are subjective political forces at work, MEN deciding what book is to be in the bible not a god.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Council_of_Nicaea

Apparently the books of the bible was decided by stacking them up and the top books were picked and assumed it was god who put the books in that order. There was a version of the bible in the year 300 or so. Still hundreds of years later.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Dec '17 23:14
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    You didn't read this very well. It is NOT in a regular bible. It was found recently and translated, with some lines missing because of deterioration of the script.

This gospel was actually discussed at the council of Nicea and it was ...[text shortened]... t order. There was a version of the bible in the year 300 or so. Still hundreds of years later.
    Funny how you are interested in what should have been included in a religious text you reject.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Dec '17 23:483 edits
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Funny how you are interested in what should have been included in a religious text you reject.
    When it represents a dichotomy like that you bet I am going to show it around because religious people are programmed so well they think the bible was written by god. Seems to me they were 100% wrong when you can have the same person described 180 degrees apart in biblical texts.

Along with other tid bits like a man worth 50 shekels and woman 30. Sure, a god would say that. In a pigs ass.

BTW, I went to a religous school from K to 8, a Lutheran school and I got the bible and catechism shoved down my throat.

Fortunately for me I had a Pentacostal grandmother who assured me at age 8 I would die and go to hell and burn all over for eternity if I wasn't baptized the Pentacostal way (total dunkiing, they had a thousand gallon tank to do just that). So I did just to shut up grandma and I saw clearly how two religions supposedly worshipping the same god would be at each other's throats literally. I saw the BS inherent in these religions and kept it to myself but stoopped believing the christian BS story from then on and I thank grandma all the time for liberating my mind.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    13 Dec '17 02:15

This gospel was actually discussed at the council of Nicea and it was ...[text shortened]... t order. There was a version of the bible in the year 300 or so. Still hundreds of years later.
    Again I believe in the bible completely from the first verse to the last. I have complete faith that the bible we have today is from Jehovah.
    Every prophecy that was foretold to happen up until today has happened just as the bible said it would happen whether you see that or not. There is no historical markers that have ever proved the Bible wrong, no matter what you or any others believe. If something has not happened as the bible foretold, it is just not the time for it to happen yet.
    The point I'm getting at is this book we call the bible which is composed of 66 smaller books is complete and just as Jehovah intended it to be and for what we need now as humans it will help us in anyway imaginable whether it is in connection with our time in history now, with health, with relations not only with other humans but more importantly with our creator.
    No matter how defective or out of date or whatever negative ideas humans come up with in order to scoff at the bible or try to discount the author Jehovah or find fault in order to live a non spiritual life or like yourself say it is incomplete, is such a cop out in not living a life God asked of us if we love him and appreciate all he's done for us and what he promises us in the future.
    Satan is in control of this world at this time and of course he is doing all he can do to discredit his enemy Jehovah.
    So until Jehovah see's that it's time to replace this Bible with something new, I will believe in every letter of this book he's given us. How about your faith in it? Doesn't sound so good.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Dec '17 02:15
    You just love the irony in most of the attacks you make on Christians here, don't you?

I suppose you don't actually think you yourself "play the ball" instead of the man. What you do is laugh up your sleeve because the gullible here believe your "talking points" (your attacks on others) are actually true and represent reality. Only those who manage to stay awake during your ad hominem multi-page multi-posts repeating the same old untruths over and over and over and over until someone chimes in with "yeah, what FMF is saying is true", and then others join in because they're too lazy to check for themselves.

This is how you and your buddy in crime ousted GB from these forums, so you think it's going to work on sonship and becker.

All you guys are doing is turning this forum into a colossal bore-fest.
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    13 Dec '17 02:19
    When it represents a dichotomy like that you bet I am going to show it around because religious people are programmed so well they think the bible was written by god. Seems to me they were 100% wrong when you can have the same person described 180 degrees apart in biblical texts.

Along with other tid bits like a man worth 50 shekels and woman 30. Sure, ...[text shortened]... ing the christian BS story from then on and I thank grandma all the time for liberating my mind.
    Your view of religion or more specially the bible is just as Satan has planned for humans, confusion and doubt.
    He knows most humans would never worship him so he's accomplishing the next best and that is to turn humans just as yourself, against Jehovah.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Dec '17 02:20
    Originally posted by @galveston75
    Again I believe in the bible completely from the first verse to the last. I have complete faith that the bible we have today is from Jehovah.
    Every prophecy that was foretold to happen up until today has happened just as the bible said it would happen whether you see that or not. There is no historical markers that have ever proved the Bible wrong, no ...[text shortened]... e in every letter of this book he's given us. How about your faith in it? Doesn't sound so good.
    Your book is not the Bible that God gave us. Your book is a replacement that Russell paid people to write. And amazingly, it just so happened to follow already established JW doctrine.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    13 Dec '17 02:22
    You just love the irony in most of the attacks you make on Christians here, don't you?

I suppose you don't actually think you yourself "play the ball" instead of the man. What you do is laugh up your sleeve because the gullible here believe your "talking points" (your attacks on others) are actually true and represent reality. Only those who manage to ...[text shortened]... n sonship and becker.

All you guys are doing is turning this forum into a colossal bore-fest.
    I totally agree with you on this. Every thread is a carbon copy of the other once these guys suck themselves to it like a leach and suck the life out of everyone.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Dec '17 02:26
    I engage people here, sometimes robustly, that's for sure. And I get some 'robust' back too. But I don't think what I do is "attack Christians". Do you make "attacks" on anyone, Suzianne?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree