1. Dublin Ireland
    Joined
    31 Oct '12
    Moves
    14235
    24 Dec '12 23:46
    Mormons, Baptists, Catholics,Jews!
    Come on everybody spread the news.
    All are gathered to kneel and pray,
    to a god that's long since gone away.

    He spoke to Abraham and Moses too
    and when rejected by the Jews he spoke to you.
    How long more for these old wives tales?
    The story of a man hung up by nails?

    Too many say that they are the way,
    all they want to know is can you pay.
    How much money is your church now worth?
    Is there someplace else for you after six feet of earth?

    Let me tell you now people, when you're gone you're gone.
    Ain't no one came back to tell me I'm wrong.
    Open your eyes and your ears and hear what I'm saying,
    get up off your knees and forget your praying.

    Tangible proof is what you need,
    safe solid facts not some fancy creed.
    You ain't going no place after death now honey.
    That pastor all he wants is your hard earned money.

    Books that were written a long time ago,
    ill informed opinion, a very poor show.
    These days we have more education,
    superstition is abolished in every nation.

    That pastor guy he wants your affection,
    especially when it's time for the collection.
    So you just get poorer as you part with your cash,
    The pastors doing fine, he's got his stash.
  2. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    16252
    25 Dec '12 01:54
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    Mormons, Baptists, Catholics,Jews!
    Come on everybody spread the news.
    All are gathered to kneel and pray,
    to a god that's long since gone away.

    He spoke to Abraham and Moses too
    and when rejected by the Jews he spoke to you.
    How long more for these old wives tales?
    The story of a man hung up by nails?

    Too many say that they are the way,
    ...[text shortened]... ust get poorer as you part with your cash,
    The pastors doing fine, he's got his stash.
    A very nice poem and well constructed too. May you and your family experience joy this Christmas season, for it is because of Jesus that we celebrate.
  3. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    17848
    25 Dec '12 02:48
    Originally posted by kd2acz
    A very nice poem and well constructed too. May you and your family experience joy this Christmas season, for it is because of Jesus that we celebrate.
    No, I beg to disagree. The author 'betrays' his true feelings throughout, the last verse adequately sums up the fact that the author is at complete odds with the compositions religious content...
    Sorry Johnny, just being honest here...but I'm guessing that's just fine with you 😀
  4. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    16252
    25 Dec '12 03:00
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    No, I beg to disagree. The author 'betrays' his true feelings throughout, the last verse adequately sums up the fact that the author is at complete odds with the compositions religious content...
    Sorry Johnny, just being honest here...but I'm guessing that's just fine with you 😀
    My comment about construction, etc. was meant to be a little on the sarcastic side, my hope was not however.
  5. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    17848
    25 Dec '12 03:37
    Originally posted by kd2acz
    My comment about construction, etc. was meant to be a little on the sarcastic side, my hope was not however.
    Thanks for the response, I think we both opted the sarcastic 'route' then... 🙂
  6. Dublin Ireland
    Joined
    31 Oct '12
    Moves
    14235
    26 Dec '12 20:41
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    Thanks for the response, I think we both opted the sarcastic 'route' then... 🙂
    Life is a mirror, I just hold it up to society.
    Sometimes they don't like what they see.

    I am merely pointing that out.

    I am not trying to offend anyone.

    I don't know if there is a GOD.

    I do know however that there are so many different religions
    and even different branches within the same religion all squabbling
    and fighting and making contradictory claims in order to get your
    attention and your money.

    I don't believe any of them have got it right.

    Too many contradictions and not enough evidence.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    26 Dec '12 20:481 edit
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody

    Life is a mirror, I just hold it up to society.
    Sometimes they don't like what they see.

    I am merely pointing that out.

    I am not trying to offend anyone.

    I don't know if there is a GOD.

    I do know however that there are so many different religions
    and even different branches within the same religion all squabbling
    and fighting ...[text shortened]... don't believe any of them have got it right.

    Too many contradictions and not enough evidence.
    "I don't know if there is a GOD."

    Reveal Hidden Content
    Do you much care? Would you like to know Him if, in fact, He is up there?
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Infidel
    Dunedin
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    26 Dec '12 21:01
    Originally posted by kd2acz
    ...experience joy this Christmas season, for it is because of Jesus that we celebrate.
    Er .... no.
  9. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    16252
    26 Dec '12 21:49
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Er .... no.
    Ahhh... ya.
  10. Dublin Ireland
    Joined
    31 Oct '12
    Moves
    14235
    26 Dec '12 23:30
    Originally posted by kd2acz
    Ahhh... ya.
    Ya?



    Yah Mule!!!

    Yah!
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148463
    26 Dec '12 23:35
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    Life is a mirror, I just hold it up to society.
    Sometimes they don't like what they see.

    I am merely pointing that out.

    I am not trying to offend anyone.

    I don't know if there is a GOD.

    I do know however that there are so many different religions
    and even different branches within the same religion all squabbling
    and fighting and m ...[text shortened]... 't believe any of them have got it right.

    Too many contradictions and not enough evidence.
    I don't believe you, I believe you wanted to offend.
    Kelly
  12. Dublin Ireland
    Joined
    31 Oct '12
    Moves
    14235
    27 Dec '12 00:10
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I don't believe you, I believe you wanted to offend.
    Kelly
    I would never offend anyone, especially not you.

    If your faith means that much to you whatever your faith is then fine.

    I hope it gives you comfort.

    I however must have something more tangible, more solid.

    Fact and evidence which cannot be contradicted like your faith can be contradicted.

    There are too many religions out there all claiming to be the right one.
  13. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    27 Dec '12 02:06
    John 3:19-21
    And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. 21 But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God."
    NKJV

    Just saying.....
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148463
    27 Dec '12 03:47
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    I would never offend anyone, especially not you.

    If your faith means that much to you whatever your faith is then fine.

    I hope it gives you comfort.

    I however must have something more tangible, more solid.

    Fact and evidence which cannot be contradicted like your faith can be contradicted.

    There are too many religions out there all claiming to be the right one.
    I read what you posted, it reduced my faith down to some priest/pastor making a
    few bucks. I say you knew exactly what you were doing and with full knowledge
    you were going to get a reaction sent it so cut bull, that you didn't mean to offend
    line, you knew what you were doing just trolling with inisults.
    Kelly
  15. Dublin Ireland
    Joined
    31 Oct '12
    Moves
    14235
    27 Dec '12 04:14
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I read what you posted, it reduced my faith down to some priest/pastor making a
    few bucks. I say you knew exactly what you were doing and with full knowledge
    you were going to get a reaction sent it so cut bull, that you didn't mean to offend
    line, you knew what you were doing just trolling with inisults.
    Kelly
    Well I tried to explain, but you won't have it.

    I tried to point out logical facts about whats going on in all
    these various religions around the world. All of them claiming to
    be right. None of them are right. All they want is to control you
    and take your money. None of them give a rats ass about you or me.

    If you would look beyond the rhyme you would see that.
    It obviously struck a truthful chord with you because you are annoyed.

    The reason you are annoyed is because I stood up and said what I said.

    What I said is true, they just want your money and you know it too.

    None of them can offer you any hope or solid evidence of any god or afterlife.

    Logical solid facts and irrefutable evidence which cannot be denied is the way
    forward just as you would in a court of law. These facts cannot be overturned.

    You don't like what I said but you cannot dispute it.

    All you have is superstitious religious mumbo jumbo to attempt to
    back up your argument and it does not stand up.

    How many Christian churches in America declared themselves bankrupt
    in 2011 just so they could say sorry we have no money now to compensate
    children who were abused?

    And what happened when Archbishop Paul Marcinkus ran away from the
    great state of Illinois with millions worth of US bonds?

    They wanted to jail him but he fled to the Vatican and hid there until he died.

    You quoting verses from the bible is not going to change that.

    There's no point in telling people that your faith is different it's not.

    Yours is just another branch of the same old rubbish.

    What I have spoken are facts. If you are insulted by facts well then
    I am sorry for you.
Back to Top