1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 15:18
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Tell me, is Jesus tolerant of beliefs concerning good and evil other than God's?
    Jesus sees us and knows our frames and the darkened world we live in. He is reaching out to a sinful world who hates Him. If He were not tolerant we would not be relying on His grace, instead we would be suffering His wrath in full.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 15:24
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Jesus sees us and knows our frames and the darkened world we live in. He is reaching out to a sinful world who hates Him. If He were not tolerant we would not be relying on His grace, instead we would be suffering His wrath in full.
    He reaches out, but how does he react to those that reject him after he reaches out?

When he sent out disciples in groups of two what did he say to do if the people reject his teachings?

Does he say to be tolerant and accepting of them?
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 15:33
    He reaches out, but how does he react to those that reject him after he reaches out?

When he sent out disciples in groups of two what did he say to do if the people reject his teachings?

Matthew 15:13-14 English Standard Version (ESV)
    He answered, “Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be rooted up. Let them alone; they are blind guides. And if the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit.”

Did Jesus hang out and call people names day in and out? There may have been a few
    times He did rebuke those against Him, but He spent His time reaching out to the lost. Of
    course there are those against Him, the whole world is against God and rejects Him.
    That however is where the sinners are, who He died for, don't forget that, His love for us
    while we were yet sinners, is what it is really all about. Anyone can condemn a sinner,
    anyone can call another names, find faults we all have them! It is Jesus' grace and mercy
    that separates sinners from the dark world, that pulls us out of this evil place and gives
    us hope. Are you all about condemnation or sharing the blood of Jesus to a dark and
    fallen world?
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 15:372 edits

To those that reject their preaching He said, shake the dust off your feet and move on.
    He didn't say brow beat them day in and out, He wants us to be better than that.

Matthew 10:14
    And if anyone will not receive you or listen to your words, shake off the dust from your feet when you leave that house or town.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 19:15
    To those that reject their preaching He said, shake the dust off your feet and move on.
    He didn't say brow beat them day in and out, He wants us to be better than that.

Matthew 10:14
    And if anyone will not receive you or listen to your words, shake off the dust from your feet when you leave that house or town.
    He did not say brow beat them, but he did not say call them sister either.

I am simply expressing truth as God has stated it and people who claim to be Christian around here take offense and call it being a bigot.

So speaking of Matthew 10:14, would this be the response of a bigot or someone who accepts other opinions?
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 19:15
    Matthew 15:13-14 English Standard Version (ESV)
    He answered, “Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be rooted up. Let them alone; they are blind guides. And if the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit.”

Did Jesus hang out and call people names day in and out? There may have been a few
    times He did rebuke those against Him ...[text shortened]... hope. Are you all about condemnation or sharing the blood of Jesus to a dark and
    fallen world?
    I think you'd do better asking Suzi about calling people names.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 19:31
    He did not say brow beat them, but he did not say call them sister either.

I am simply expressing truth as God has stated it and people who claim to be Christian around here take offense and call it being a bigot.

So speaking of Matthew 10:14, would this be the response of a bigot or someone who accepts other opinions?
    Okay! So why do you continue when Jesus said walk away? You realize you could be doing
    more harm than good? You want to put stumbling blocks in front of people who may want
    Jesus, but instead of hearing about God's grace, they see this crap!
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 19:31
    I think you'd do better asking Suzi about calling people names.
    Will you give me nickel for all the names I have seen you call anyone?
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 19:33
    Will you give me nickel for all the names I have seen you call anyone?
    You'd make more money if you got a penny for every time Suzi did.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 19:35
    Okay! So why do you continue when Jesus said walk away? You realize you could be doing
    more harm than good? You want to put stumbling blocks in front of people who may want
    Jesus, but instead of hearing about God's grace, they see this crap!
    So why do I continue, because there are people here who would spread lies. It is called contending for the faith. Why should the only voice out there be Satan's?
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 19:38
    I'm not proud, if she agrees I'll take a penny from her and a nickel from you, I'm that close
    to retirement. The two of you loving people who never call anyone names, could make me
    rich beyond my wildest dreams....just don't ask me to give back any money for the names
    I've called people....I don't want to go there, seeing how I'm on a roll right now thinking
    about this windfall I fell into. 🙂
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 19:40
    So why do I continue, because there are people here who would spread lies. It is called contending for the faith. Why should the only voice out there be Satan's?
    Listen, if you can show me some place where Satan isn't affecting someone let me know.
    I know in scripture he does his level best to trip up God's people, the worse thing he can
    do is get us to hate someone God loves, which is everyone.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 19:42
    I'd be poor if I had to give you money for this too, brother we all fall from time to time.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 19:44
    Listen, if you can show me some place where Satan isn't affecting someone let me know.
    I know in scripture he does his level best to trip up God's people, the worse thing he can
    do is get us to hate someone God loves, which is everyone.
    This is your downfall, you are blind to what Paul described as his own failings and those who reject God's truth. You see no difference between the repentant sinner and the one who believes the sin is fine.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 21:11
    Are all going to be saved? Surely one could rightfully say that Jesus is bigoted against all those whose name is not written in the book of life.
    Gluttons are excluded for being lazy, greedy and fat.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree