Jesus the bigot

Jesus the bigot

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
05 Aug 17

Eladar: That's OK, if you continue to embrace those of Satan you were never my brother to begin with.

Originally posted by @kellyjay
I've never embraced him, a very nasty thing to say.
It's interesting to note that it's way, way nastier than anything I have ever said to you, and he has made other repeated remarks attempting to associate you with "Satan" too; it's clearly one of his riffs. I've never said anything even remotely as calculatedly nasty as that to you.

E

Moves
05 Aug 17
1 edit

Christians are not called to be bigots, what chapter and verse did you pervert to get that
as part of the gospel?
Do you know what a bigot is?

Definition

a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
05 Aug 17

Originally posted by @eladar
Christians are called to be bigots. We are called to reject other's definition of what is sin and what is good.

Perhaps you should look up the definition of bigot.
I gave you my definition in another thread, and I see that you embraced only half of it.

E

Moves
05 Aug 17

Originally posted by @suzianne
I gave you my definition in another thread, and I see that you embraced only half of it.
I embrace the part that I saw on a quick google search. It works and does separate the wheat fron the chaff.

c

Moves
05 Aug 17

A bigot is someone intolerant of differing views and opinions.

If Jesus sends you to hell because you have a different opinion than Him......it kinda speaks for itself.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 Aug 17

Do you know what a bigot is?

Definition

a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.
I didn't ask for you for your dictionary I want a chapter and verse from the Bible pick the
translation your choice. You have claim Jesus has said things he didn't say, you have
twisted things I have said, please just this once back up your claim with a real verse from
a known translation of the Bible if you please! I don't care what you claim a bigot is, what
I want is a chapter and verse that says we are to be one.

I have already given you verses that said walk away when you claimed they were to be
something else.

E

Moves
05 Aug 17

I didn't ask for you for your dictionary I want a chapter and verse from the Bible pick the
translation your choice. You have claim Jesus has said things he didn't say, you have
twisted things I have said, please just this once back up your claim with a real verse from
a known translation of the Bible if you please! I don't care what you claim a bigot i ...[text shortened]... e already given you verses that said walk away when you claimed they were to be
something else.
Matthew 7

Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 Aug 17
1 edit

Matthew 7

Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good ...[text shortened]... ood fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.
Yes, false prophets bad, but that was not the question was it? I didn't see the word bigot in
that verse anywhere and I looked.

F

Moves
05 Aug 17

Yes, false prophets bad, but that was not the question was it? I didn't see the word bigot in
Does Matthew 7 urge Christians to not tolerate "false prophets"?

E

Moves
05 Aug 17
1 edit

Everyone who espouses false doctrine and claims that it is a christian doctrine is a false prophet or at the very least propagates the teachings of the false prophet. Such people will be chopped down and burned. Jesus warned to reject them.

The word bigot is what is used to describe those Christians who follow Jesus' warning.

E

Moves
05 Aug 17

John 15

“If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. 20 Remember what I told you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’[a] If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. 21 They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the one who sent me. 22 If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin; but now they have no excuse for their sin. 23 Whoever hates me hates my Father as well. 24 If I had not done among them the works no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. As it is, they have seen, and yet they have hated both me and my Father. 25 But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: ‘They hated me without reason.’[b]

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 Aug 17
1 edit

Everyone who espouses false doctrine and claims that it is a christian doctrine is a false prophet or at the very least propagates the teachings of the false prophet. Such people will be chopped down and burned. Jesus warned to reject them.

The word bigot is what is used to describe those Christians who follow Jesus' warning.
I don't think you are very stable, I'll leave you alone with your thoughts here.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 Aug 17

John 15

“If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. 20 Remember what I told you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’[a] If they persecuted me, they will ...[text shortened]... ther. 25 But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: ‘They hated me without reason.’[b]
So you think getting people to hate you is a good thing, not promoting Christ, but getting
people to hate you?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
05 Aug 17

John 15

“If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. 20 Remember what I told you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’[a] If they persecuted me, they will ...[text shortened]... ther. 25 But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: ‘They hated me without reason.’[b]
Are you a JW? They love that chapter.

E

Moves
05 Aug 17

So you think getting people to hate you is a good thing, not promoting Christ, but getting
people to hate you?
Getting people to hate you?

God is the one in charge not me. I simply relay his message.