1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    31 Jan '12 00:28
    Originally posted by FMF
    You seem to have swept my specific example away with broad ideological rhetoric - which is unnecessary, because I am not a supporter of government interference in 'everything', so I do not intend to extrapolate wildly from my example. So bear with me for a moment: let's stick with that example. What if your approach results in a piecemeal and erratic service for ...[text shortened]... verty as a result? Is there a role for government action in terms of investment or provision?
    Well unlike government Churches have built schools and hospitals and did it
    with the money people *willing not forced by law* gave. When the government
    gets involved people lose their abilities/freedoms and now have to deal with
    again rules put in place by people who take care of their own above the
    masses and that goes for both Republican and Democrats. As far as I'm
    concern the Republicans and Democrats are just two sides of the same coin
    it does not matter which one is in power, both parties got us where we are now.

People used to take care of their own family members a lot more than they
    do now, but now the government is so deep into everyone's lives trying to do
    the right thing by family members can cost the family everything. Why should
    the government be the force to setup the services? Seriously, if you were to
    put the trillions of tax dollars back into the economy instead of taking it out
    through taxes a lot more would be done in the private sector.

As far as your piece meal concern, are all being taken care of now under the
    current system? I think not, and under the power of the government it isn’t a
    matter of getting the best care for the cheapest amount through competition
    it is simply here is some allocated money go do it which does not lead itself
    to a lean efficient methodologies.
    Kelly
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Jan '12 00:371 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    As far as your piece meal concern, are all being taken care of now under the
    current system? I think not, and under the power of the government it isn’t a
    matter of getting the best care for the cheapest amount through competition
    it is simply here is some allocated money go do it which does not lead itself
    to a lean efficient methodologies.
    Well, what do you make of the current system of government provision in the case of disabled people [training, therapy, unemployment etc.] in places like Germany, Britain, Norway, Netherlands, France, Sweden, Switzerland, Ireland, Denmark, Canada, Austria, for example?

How does the methodology of "competition" apply to community based rehabilitation where there is little or no profit to be gained by the "private sector"? How does it apply where charitable entities are not operating or not in competition with each other? Do you not see there being some role for government in terms of investment or provision?
  3. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    31 Jan '12 00:49
    Originally posted by whodey
    You are placing your trust in someone to do what is best for you when you send them to represent you. Ideally, most of what they believe you believe as well.

So if Christ is who the Bible depicts him as being, then he would be the perfect representative.
    i don't agree with his torture policy.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 Jan '12 01:09
    Originally posted by amolv06
    This seems blatantly false to me, but I'd like to see your reasoning/evidence. Link?
    You can find my links in the thread "Ode to Saint Nick"
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    31 Jan '12 03:16
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well, what do you make of the current system of government provision in the case of disabled people [training, therapy, unemployment etc.] in places like Germany, Britain, Norway, Netherlands, France, Sweden, Switzerland, Ireland, Denmark, Canada, Austria, for example?

How does the methodology of "competition" apply to community based rehabilitation where the ...[text shortened]... er? Do you not see there being some role for government in terms of investment or provision?
    Investment and provision, actually I do see a roll for govenment there, ensuring
    a level playing field. The trouble now is we have government picking winners
    and losers, which does not promote a level playing field.
    Kelly
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Jan '12 03:32
    Investment and provision, actually I do see a roll for govenment there, ensuring
    a level playing field. The trouble now is we have government picking winners
    and losers, which does not promote a level playing field.
    Kelly
    How is your government (or your state governments) "picking winners and losers" in the field of community based rehabilitation fro disabled people? I am intrigued.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    31 Jan '12 12:41
    Originally posted by FMF
    How is your government (or your state governments) "picking winners and losers" in the field of community based rehabilitation fro disabled people? I am intrigued.
    I was not being specific towards rehabilition; however again Church based
    hospitials are being picked as losers in this country due to the attacks upon
    their faith.
    Kelly
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    31 Jan '12 12:57
    I was not being specific towards rehabilition; however again Church based
    hospitials are being picked as losers in this country due to the attacks upon
    their faith.
    Kelly
    Are you saying that the Church based hospitals are not getting government funding (which is what you want isn't it?) or that they are being discriminated against more than that?
    If what you want is a hospital, why does it matter to you that is 'church based'? Are they providing different medical care?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree