2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 21:28
    Originally posted by Blackamp
    and Bakunin?
    Lol.
    ...Of course Jesus would find a way to 'win over' Spidey. After alll he's supposed to have all that...charm?
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 22:42
    Jesus superpowers:

bringing people back from the dead;
    rising from the dead (takes three days);
    turning water into wine;
    healing leprosy and blindness;
    exorcising demons;
    multiplying bread and fishes;
    walking on water;
    powerful dad;

Spidey superpowers:

shooting web from wrists to tangle up opponents, and also to get around in skyscraper e ...[text shortened]... racks during fights;

i think it would be a close thing, but maybe Jesus would have an edge.
    There is no spiderman! 🙄
  4. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 23:281 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    There is no spiderman! 🙄
    But the holy texts of Marvel Comics are evidence for his existence. You probably lack the faith to discern the truth of them though, since you're not a believer. 😏

[Pray to Stan Lee and hope he will be gracious enough to grant you deliverance...]
  5. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 04:08
    I have an early Spiderman translation, so I know for a fact he's real.
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 14:001 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    topics like this are retarded when even when you compare chuck norris and bruce lee. but when you compare a pacifist with a geek kid you really go to new heights of stupidity.

how about winnie the pooh vs Sarah palin?
    the michelin mascot vs attila the hun?
    snickers vs mars?
    spidey, easy win, jesus would just keep turning the other cheek. spidey
    would just pummel him.

palin, easy win, she'd hunt that little bear to extinction.
    attila, easy win, he'd be thown at first not knowing what the hell he was fighting but once he was gathered it would be a blood bath, michelin man having no known weapons or fighting skills.
    snickers, just, an epic battle lasting for weeks would see the snicker edge it, his nutty inside just giving him an extra 1%.
  7. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 14:082 edits
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    spidey, easy win, jesus would just keep turning the other cheek. spidey
    would just pummel him.

palin, easy win, she'd hunt that little bear to extinction.
    attila, easy win, he'd be thown at first not knowing what the hell he was fighting but once he was gathered it would be a blood bath, michelin man having no known weapons or fighting skills.
    sni ...[text shortened]... lasting for weeks would see the snicker edge it, his nutty inside just giving him an extra 1%.
    You're wrong about the Michelin Man. There are commercials out right now showing him defeating the rampaging Evil Gas Pump by flinging tires at it with devastating effect. I say Attila gets unhorsed long before he gets within striking range.

YouTube
  8. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 14:13
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    But the holy texts of Marvel Comics are evidence for his existence. You probably lack the faith to discern the truth of them though, since you're not a believer. 😏

[Pray to Stan Lee and hope he will be gracious enough to grant you deliverance...]
    Amongst the finds in the Nag Hammadi library was a Gnostic edition of Spiderman that was never included in the Marvel canon of scripture. In that version, Spiderman came to impart the secret knowledge of the spidey-sense within us all.
  9. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 14:37
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Stan Lee = (El) Satan
  10. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 15:051 edit
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Stan Lee = (El) Satan
    Agh!

How DARE you blaspheme GOD like that! 😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠
  11. Standard membersbacat
    Eddie's Dad
    Raving Mad
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 16:01
    Jesus superpowers:

bringing people back from the dead;
    rising from the dead (takes three days);
    turning water into wine;
    healing leprosy and blindness;
    exorcising demons;
    multiplying bread and fishes;
    walking on water;
    powerful dad;

Spidey superpowers:

shooting web from wrists to tangle up opponents, and also to get around in skyscraper e ...[text shortened]... racks during fights;

i think it would be a close thing, but maybe Jesus would have an edge.
    Easy. Jesus wins. Technically, Spiderman's powers came from a radioactive spider bite, which makes his powers a malady. Jesus just heals him and his powers go away!
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 16:24
    Originally posted by sbacat
    Easy. Jesus wins. Technically, Spiderman's powers came from a radioactive spider bite, which makes his powers a malady. Jesus just heals him and his powers go away!
    Ok, but who has a keener sense? Like from how far away can spidey detect that Jesus is going to try to heal him?
    Maybe Spidey will just go off and swing around some buildings to keep away from Jesus,(Jesus is pretty slow, right?), until he comes up with some masterplan to thwart Jesus' healing powers.
  13. Standard membersbacat
    Eddie's Dad
    Raving Mad
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 16:41
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Ok, but who has a keener sense? Like from how far away can spidey detect that Jesus is going to try to heal him?
    Maybe Spidey will just go off and swing around some buildings to keep away from Jesus,(Jesus is pretty slow, right?), until he comes up with some masterplan to thwart Jesus' healing powers.
    That depends. Spidey has thought all along that his powers were a curse. Maybe when Jesus walks up to him, the spidey sense doesn't go off because technically healing does not equal danger...
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 16:49
    Originally posted by sbacat
    That depends. Spidey has thought all along that his powers were a curse. Maybe when Jesus walks up to him, the spidey sense doesn't go off because technically healing does not equal danger...
    Which relates to my earlier post. Jesus wouldn't fight. He'd try to 'win' him over...(This is kinda silly but then so are a lot of christians..😛 )
  15. Standard membersbacat
    Eddie's Dad
    Raving Mad
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 17:05
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Which relates to my earlier post. Jesus wouldn't fight. He'd try to 'win' him over...(This is kinda silly but then so are a lot of christians..😛 )
    I find people in general can be very silly. Belief is such a powerful thing that the beliefs drilled into us when we are young become the bedrock of our lives and we twist things into any number of distortions to make the world fit the way we think Things Should Be.

I think it's important to believe in something, but when you start using that belief to go around oppressing people, robbing countries of their natural resources, or blowing each other up that's not religion, that's just using religion as an excuse to get something you want.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree