rising from the dead (takes three days);
    turning water into wine;
    healing leprosy and blindness;
    exorcising demons;
    multiplying bread and fishes;
    walking on water;
    powerful dad;

Spidey superpowers:

shooting web from wrists to tangle up opponents, and also to get around in skyscraper e ...[text shortened]... racks during fights;

i think it would be a close thing, but maybe Jesus would have an edge.
    Well the person who plays Spider Man is a nerd.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 20:39
    Originally posted by sbacat
    I find people in general can be very silly. Belief is such a powerful thing that the beliefs drilled into us when we are young become the bedrock of our lives and we twist things into any number of distortions to make the world fit the way we think [b]Things Should Be.

I think it's important to believe in something, but when you start using that belief ...[text shortened]... er up that's not religion, that's just using religion as an excuse to get something you want.[/b]
    Yes. Religon,beliefs and all that is fine as long as there is no violence.
    I really don't know how much freedom of religon there is in the U.s. , but clearly thats the right way to go. For it is written in the constitution. Freedom of religon implies that your religon is not violent or oppressive...Your neighbour should be able to worship the ants on the ground and pray to holy microwave for guidance.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 20:40
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Well the person who plays Spider Man is a nerd.
    So is the person who plays(is portrayed) as Jesus
  4. Standard membersbacat
    Eddie's Dad
    Raving Mad
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 20:52
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Depends on which version. There's one depiction where He's fairly meek and mild and there's another version like with the moneychangers where He really kicks butt and takes names. According to Revelation, when He comes back it will be at the head of an army of angels and I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want to be calling that Jesus a nerd. He left as martyr but returns as Destroyer, the God King that the Jews originally wanted. Spiderman would be a grease spot. 😀
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 21:22
    Depends on which version. There's one depiction where He's fairly meek and mild and there's another version like with the moneychangers where He really kicks butt and takes names. According to Revelation, when He comes back it will be at the head of an army of angels and I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want to be calling [b]that Jesus a nerd. He left as mart ...[text shortened]... stroyer, the God King that the Jews originally wanted. Spiderman would be a grease spot. 😀[/b]
    I'll call Jesus whatever I want. Its a actually a measure of respect and not disrespect.
    Army of angels? Lol.
    As for being a "destroyer" we humans have fared pretty well in that department already-I don't think any more destruction is neccesary. Do you?
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 21:28
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    many people have played Jesus.

so witch one?
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 21:30
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    many people have played Jesus.

so witch one?
    The geeky one
  8. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 22:461 edit
    Depends on which version. There's one depiction where He's fairly meek and mild and there's another version like with the moneychangers where He really kicks butt and takes names. According to Revelation, when He comes back it will be at the head of an army of angels and I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want to be calling [b]that Jesus a nerd. He left as mart ...[text shortened]... stroyer, the God King that the Jews originally wanted. Spiderman would be a grease spot. 😀[/b]
    Pfft...none of the fools in the temple had RADIOACTIVE blood flowing through their veins, buddy. Start the fight at the Empire State Building, and it would end with the 2nd crucifixion of Jesus, this time hanging upside-down off the 102nd floor. 😲
  9. Standard membersbacat
    Eddie's Dad
    Raving Mad
    Moves
    20 Nov '09 01:36
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Pfft...none of the fools in the temple had RADIOACTIVE blood flowing through their veins, buddy. Start the fight at the Empire State Building, and it would end with the 2nd crucifixion of Jesus, this time hanging upside-down off the 102nd floor. 😲
    Call Marvel. SG's got an idea for a new graphic novel. Good one, buddy.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree