1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 May '18 22:55
    An American televangelist has asked his followers to buy him a $54,000,000 private jet for him to be able to get anywhere in the world without stopovers. He attempts to support his plea by stating that Jesus would not travel by donkey if he were here today. This will be his 4th private jet since 1994.

Thoughts...?

https://news.sky.com/story/televangelist-asks-followers-to-buy-him-a-54m-jet-11390216
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 May '18 22:58
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    An American televangelist has asked his followers to buy him a $54,000,000 private jet for him to be able to get anywhere in the world without stopovers. He attempts to support his plea by stating that Jesus would not travel by donkey if he were here today. This will be his 4th private jet since 1994.

Thoughts...?

https://news.sky.com/story/televangelist-asks-followers-to-buy-him-a-54m-jet-11390216
    Truly disgusting.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 May '18 23:535 edits
    Remark retracted. Waste of time and energy.
    My apologies to all.

Carry on. Hold fast to what is good.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 May '18 23:551 edit
    Originally posted by @sonship
    If it is disgusting or scandalous or negatively sensational you can always count on some posters who are eager to start a thread on it.
    Do you feel that this sort of OP should not be allowed either sonship?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 May '18 00:101 edit
    If it is disgusting or scandalous or negatively sensational you can always count on some posters who are eager to start a thread on it.
    Is the scandal in question something you urge Christians to turn a blind eye to?
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    31 May '18 00:10
    Televangelists are well know idiots. I remember one guy in his white suit and hat with a big feather sitting in hos sheep skin covered chair smoking a cigar literally saying.."send me money"
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 May '18 00:141 edit
    Do you believe the behaviour of the Christian TV preacher precludes him from being "saved" by his faith?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 May '18 00:22
    Has divegeester done something wrong here do you think? You seem to be lashing out.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    31 May '18 00:49

Thoughts...?

He is lying ... he is in fact riding the donkeys.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 May '18 00:52
    Lashing out in spite at your detractors usually is.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    31 May '18 00:52
    My apologies to all.

Carry on. Hold fast to what is good.
    Your threads and posts that need your apology is not this one pal.
  12. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    01 Jun '18 20:51

Thoughts...?

I read on Facebook that, oh Puhraaaaaise the Most Holy God A'mighty, that God was gonna upgrade him to a $78 million model.
  13. S. Korea
    Moves
    02 Jun '18 01:22
    I am not sure that I should be surprised or that I should care?

Are you concerned about Beyonce's private jet, Dive?

http://www.mtv.com/news/2306670/beyonce-private-jet-photo/

I mention this because she is a widely respected woman and all sorts of people like to refer to her as 'Queen.' She has talked about social justice and the likes.

Obviously, Jesse Duplantis here is directly involved in ministry and this is a bit disgusting.

But this is shooting fish in a barrel.

What about Beyonce? or should I make a separate thread for that?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Jun '18 01:45
    Originally posted by @philokalia to divegeester
    What about [Beyonce's private jet]? or should I make a separate thread for that?
    What's the religion/spirituality angle with Beyonce?

Do you think 'prosperity theology' is heresy - according to your own beliefs?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jun '18 02:47
    Originally posted by @fmf
    What's the religion/spirituality angle with Beyonce?

Do you think 'prosperity theology' is heresy - according to your own beliefs?
    The “prosperity Gospel” is not Biblical in my view. Jesus said Christians should expect trials and tribulations and that theme is interwoven throughout the New Testament.

But the trials strengthen and refine our faith and God is with us through all of them.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree