1. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    21 Jan '11 21:442 edits
    Originally posted by ua41
    It is a religion that has become hollow through all the cultural and personal contexts used to present it. Good messages, ultimately lost through all the superficialities that christians tend to cling to and beat each other over the head with. We see people justifying their crimes against humanity with ambiguous references to scripture.

Vish has a good point outcasted instead of focusing on our personal redemption- working on our own spirituality.
    It's unfortunate he cheapens his good points by assuming, without any possibility he might be himself misguided, that the doctrine to which he subscribes is completely and unquestionably true.

Any conversational tools he may use to reveal the absurdity of Christian doctrine is undermined by allowing those tools to be used against him with his own dogma - and he has a habit of calling us intellectually defective, dishonest fault-finders, who coupled with our propensity for child abuse suffer from some "madness disease".
    All this coupled with his reluctance to actually engage with us in a reasonable manner along with his insistence on saying the same thing over and over again, without substantiation; means that if he has any pearls of wisdom to offer those who search for them, they are buried inaccessibly deep within a mound of sludge.
  2. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    21 Jan '11 22:05
    Seems to me a god who's willing to throw away his creation into an eternity of suffering would also be as cynical to sway you the wrong way. What if Jesus is just this guy's trap to point you in the wrong way?

Be more like Christ, quit preaching fire and brimstone and focus more on our spiritual progress.
    Jus dd preach more about hell then a lot of otehr things.

He shows us eternal life throught his prayer in John 17 verse 3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.
  3. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    21 Jan '11 22:18
    Originally posted by Agerg
    It's unfortunate he cheapens his good points by assuming, without any possibility he might be himself misguided, that the doctrine to which he subscribes is completely and unquestionably true.

Any conversational tools he may use to reveal the absurdity of Christian doctrine is undermined by allowing those tools to be used against him with his own dogma - an ...[text shortened]... offer those who search for them, they are buried inaccessibly deep within a mound of sludge.
    Unfortunate indeed. If only he could hold the same light against others' beliefs onto his own.

Pearls of wisdom in a mound of sludge- sometimes you need to let the murk settle in the pond to find the gold coin instead of whisking around in it yourself 🙂
  4. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jan '11 23:16
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Jus dd preach more about hell then a lot of otehr things.

He shows us eternal life throught his prayer in John 17 verse 3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.
    Everyone is eternal by their very nature.

The soul is indestructible.

Everyone is eternal, even the unbelievers, even Richard Dawkins, even Hitler.

And they all take birth time and time again, until they surrender to the reality of God and develop authentic love for God.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Jan '11 12:071 edit
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    Everyone is eternal by their very nature.

The soul is indestructible.

Everyone is eternal, even the unbelievers, even Richard Dawkins, even Hitler.

And they all take birth time and time again, until they surrender to the reality of God and develop authentic love for God.
    Nice try at an escape clause.

Too bad that when you face your Creator, the only excuse you'll have to offer is "well, I thought I'd get another chance in my next life!"

Lame...

Next!
  6. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    23 Jan '11 16:02
    Originally posted by Suzianne

Too bad that when you face your Creator, the only excuse you'll have to offer is "well, I thought I'd get another chance in my [b]next
    life!"

Lame...

Next![/b]
    Actually, it seems Vish is actually trying to encourage people to do these things within their current life time. He's calling out other people for wasting their time and getting caught up in useless drivel. I don't even see why you cannot take his words and apply them with your faith- he's saying getting in a stronger commune with god, you know? Be more spiritual instead of relying on some other guy for your well being. I think that would be god's intention- work on your relationship with him, rather than just live your life obliged solely by an ideal of a scapegoat. I do not see how this is an escape clause.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Jan '11 21:23

Too bad that when you face your Creator, the only excuse you'll have to offer is "well, I thought I'd get another chance in my [b]next
    life!"

Lame...

Next![/b]
    So does your self-proclaimed title mean "hot pussy"?
    (My girly said that as soon as I mentioned it, it never occurred to me until then)
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Jan '11 22:41
    Actually, it seems Vish is actually trying to encourage people to do these things within their current life time. He's calling out other people for wasting their time and getting caught up in useless drivel. I don't even see why you cannot take his words and apply them with your faith- he's saying getting in a stronger commune with god, you know? Be more spirit ...[text shortened]... obliged [b]solely by an ideal of a scapegoat. I do not see how this is an escape clause.[/b]
    But John 14:6 says: "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

Jesus is the bridge to God. This is fitting, being fully Man and God. He is my path to "a stronger commune with God". And the only way to "work on your relationship with Him" is through the Son.

Reincarnation is just "don't worry if you don't make it this time, you have unlimited chances to get it right." Nothing is further from the truth.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Jan '11 22:46
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    So does your self-proclaimed title mean "hot pussy"?
    (My girly said that as soon as I mentioned it, it never occurred to me until then)
    A little slow on the uptake, are we?

😀

It is a reminder that I was part of the now-defunct "Jalapeño Donkeys" clan. That name was chosen because we were all a bunch of... well you can figure that out too.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jan '11 01:04
    To understand Christianity you have to go way back to the early days of the world, and see what was happening at the time.

Way back when people thought you would fall of the edge of the earth if you sailed that far, people believed in witches, devils, werewolves, and angry vengeful Gods that lived in the clouds.

Out of this superstitious pot of fear ...[text shortened]... nd champion truth.

Always have and alway will.

This is becoming too long….more later.
    You remind me of some people I've met before in my life.

They talk and talk and talk. A body can't get a word in edgewise.

They don't listen. Because they think they know everything about everything.

They have no friends.

They have no wife.(Anymore)

People avoid them. They live in solitude.

Even if you knew the TRUTH you wouldn't be any better than anyone else, but especially if you knew the TRUTH you wouldn't be any better than anyone else.

Frankly, I think you're a plant. And I don't mean vegetation. You're only here to make noise.
  11. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Jan '11 01:29

life!"

Lame...

Next![/b]
    Think about this for a few minutes....

God is infinite being and eternal, so are you saying that "eternal" God has only given man one life?

If a soul can be born in the womb of a mother once....why not twice or three times or a thousand times.

You see it is truly possible.

Its not impossible ....is it?

You only disagree because the Bible has given you false knowledge..
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jan '11 09:13

God is infinite being and eternal, so are you saying that "eternal" God has only given man one life?

If a soul can be born in the womb of a mother once....why not twice or three times or a thousand times.

"Its not impossible ....is it?"

Yes.

You, vishva, are not the authority. You are the victim of the machinations of your own imagination.

Just because YOU say something is true or false doesn't make it so.

Your arguments are irrational and illogical. You only listen to yourself.

First you say;

No proof. Only imagination.

Then you say;

How does that follow from your first statement? You say, "what if this?" Then you say, "therefore that".

The one doesn't logically follow the other.
  13. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Jan '11 21:26
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]"Its not impossible ....is it?"

Yes.

You, vishva, are not the authority. You are the victim of the machinations of your own imagination.

Just because YOU say something is true or false doesn't make it so.

Your arguments are irrational and illogical. You only listen to yourself.

First you say;

If a soul can be born in the ...[text shortened]... f this?" Then you say, "therefore that".

The one doesn't logically follow the other.
    The Vedic teachings have been with mankind ever since there was mankind.....no imagination, and if you were not dishonest you would also realize this, but since you are subscribing to the animal killer religion, you have received false knowledge.
  14. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    26 Jan '11 21:27
    The Vedic teachings have been with mankind ever since there was mankind.....no imagination, and if you were not dishonest you would also realize this, but since you are subscribing to the animal killer religion, you have received false knowledge.
    you are in error.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Jan '11 21:26

Listen, just because God CAN do something, it does not follow that God DOES do that thing.

Giving a man multiple chances to get it right doesn't even make sense, given the rest of God's plan.

Man has to earn eternal life, it is not just given to him to abuse as he will. How can Man truly value eternal life if he does not appreciate what it cost?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree