1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Jan '11 21:30
    Originally posted by josephw
    How does that follow from your first statement? You say, "what if this?" Then you say, "therefore that".

The one doesn't logically follow the other.
    This is the kind of logic put forth in many of Jared Lee Loughner's YouTube videos.

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.
  2. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    28 Jan '11 21:332 edits
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    28 Jan '11 21:33
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Listen, just because God CAN do something, it does not follow that God DOES do that thing.

Giving a man multiple chances to get it right doesn't even make sense, given the rest of God's plan.

Man has to earn eternal life, it is not just given to him to abuse as he will. How can Man truly value eternal life if he does not appreciate what it cost?
    well said sister in christ.
  4. Joined
    09 Jul '10
    Moves
    28 Jan '11 22:53
    The eccentric chiding the psychotic.

It must be the Spirituality forum!
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 02:05
    Listen, just because God CAN do something, it does not follow that God DOES do that thing.

Giving a man multiple chances to get it right doesn't even make sense, given the rest of God's plan.

Man has to earn eternal life, it is not just given to him to abuse as he will. How can Man truly value eternal life if he does not appreciate what it cost?
    Man does not earn eternal life, for life is already eternal.

The soul which is YOU......is indestructible and by its very nature eternal.

You are right now...... in this moment eternal.

Your material body however is not eternal.

The energy that makes up your material body is eternal.

Knowing now that we are forever eternal.......we can choose to live in this world without God consciousness, and take repeated births and suffer......or

We can develop love for God and return to Godhead and live for eternity in bliss, and never experience birth, disease, old age and death again in this material world of suffering.

The Bible teaching that we have to earn eternal life is false, and is taught to cheat the people into surrendering to the church.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 02:38
    Originally posted by vishvahetu

Knowing now that we are forever eternal.......we can choo ...[text shortened]... o earn eternal life is false, and is taught to cheat the people into surrendering to the church.
    And yet again, you take one tiny grain of truth (that the soul exists beyond death) and stretch it out to absurd lengths. Just because one tiny part of your argument is true, it does not make your entire argument true. As they say, "the devil is in the details."
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 21:34

Knowing now that we are forever eternal.......we can choo ...[text shortened]... o earn eternal life is false, and is taught to cheat the people into surrendering to the church.
    "The Bible teaching that we have to earn eternal life is false,.."

The Bible doesn't teach us that we have to earn eternal life.

You are like all the rest. You don't know what you're talking about.

You believe a lie about what the Bible teaches. Therefore you are subject to delusion, which is manifestly evident in everything you say you believe.
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 22:08

The Bible teaching that we have to earn eternal life is false, and is taught to cheat the people into surrendering to the church.
    Matthew 3:2
    “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.”

John 14:6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Ephesians 2:7-10
    7 in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. 8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

John 3:16-18
    16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.

John 3:33-36
    33 Whoever has accepted it has certified that God is truthful. 34 For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God gives the Spirit without limit. 35 The Father loves the Son and has placed everything in his hands. 36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You are wrong. We do not have to earn eternal life it is a gift. All that is required is belief that he died and was raised for your sins.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 02:492 edits
    A little slow on the uptake, are we?

😀

It is a reminder that I was part of the now-defunct "Jalapeño Donkeys" clan. That name was chosen because we were all a bunch of... well you can figure that out too.
    Yep, slow on the uptake, unfortunately. Thank sweet Jesus I have an intelligent girlie around sometimes to help me with my retardadtion.
    Thnx for the explanation.
    My childish sense of humour appreciates it very much
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 02:581 edit
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    You are wrong. We do not have to earn eternal life it is a gift. All that is required is belief that he died and was raised for your sins.
    Yes, this is what I was saying. To earn it, you must believe and then have faith. If you do not believe, or have no faith, then you have not earned it.

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." -- Rev. 3:20

To earn it, you have to open the door. It is YOUR choice.
  11. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 03:38
    Yes, this is what I was saying. To earn it, you must believe and then have faith. If you do not believe, or have no faith, then you have not earned it.

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." -- Rev. 3:20

Yes....and when the door is open you will be instructed in every detail how to live the spiritual life, and if you do not live the spiritual life the door will be then shut.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 03:511 edit
    Yes....and when the door is open you will be instructed in every detail how to live the spiritual life, and if you do not live the spiritual life the door will be then shut.
    The door will never be shut
  13. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 04:251 edit

But in this verse he was talking to believers not non-believers. But I do agree that it is your choice to ask God to save you and forgive you through Jesus.
  14. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 04:40
    To understand Christianity you have to go way back to the early days of the world, and see what was happening at the time.

Way back when people thought you would fall of the edge of the earth if you sailed that far, people believed in witches, devils, werewolves, and angry vengeful Gods that lived in the clouds.

Out of this superstitious pot of fear ...[text shortened]... nd champion truth.

Always have and alway will.

This is becoming too long….more later.
    Have you ever read the Christian Bible? Or for that matter the Koran? Or the Torah? Why people may live or portray something different from what is in these books I know that none of these books teaches men to be animal killers!! Or intoxicators !!

Manny
  15. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 05:04
    If you go by the Bible then the door will close on the second coming of Jesus.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree