1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Sep '17 18:10
    Originally posted by @black-beetle
    Sure thing, It is morally wrong😵
    If it is morally wrong under all circumstances, would you agree that it is a moral absolute?
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Sep '17 18:18
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    And I explained karma isn't limited to the current life. I accept, as a Christian, you do not believe in reincarnation. However Hindus do, and karma is their concept, not yours.

Please take a moment to consider that. A good person may indeed experience bad things in this life, which would indeed appear unjust. Karma however kicks in (for a Hindu ...[text shortened]... you have no genuine interest in understanding karma, please don't waste my time asking about it.
    So if you were a pigeon in your previous life and you took a dump on Hitlers head you could be rewarded by being upgraded to a albatross in the next life? Makes a lot sense.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Sep '17 18:20
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    So if you were a pigeon in your previous life and you took a dump on Hitlers head you could be rewarded by being upgraded to a albatross in the next life? Makes a lot sense.
    Just to clarify, you'd prefer to ridicule rather than understand the beliefs of another faith?

Good to know.
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Sep '17 18:251 edit
    Just to clarify, you'd prefer to ridicule rather than understand the beliefs of another faith?

Good to know.
    So you're saying that is not an accurate example of how karma works? What would an accurate outworking of karma be for a pigeon that takes a dump on the head of a mass murderer?
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Sep '17 18:281 edit
    So you're saying that is not an accurate example of how karma works?
    Seriously. I tried to give you a grown up explanation of karma, something by the way I don't believe in myself. (Any more than i believe in a Messiah dying for the sins of mankind. No less fanciful to me).

If you can only respond with infantile bird droppings and zero respect for another faith, then don't bother.

Edit: Tell me again which one of us has an open mind.
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    15 Sep '17 20:151 edit
    Seriously. I tried to give you a grown up explanation of karma, something by the way I don't believe in myself. (Any more than i believe in a Messiah dying for the sins of mankind. No less fanciful to me).

If you can only respond with infantile bird droppings and zero respect for another faith, then don't bother.

Edit: Tell me again which one of us has an open mind.
    It's not about having an open mind. There is a way that seems right to a man but in the end it leads to death. Having an opened mind is like Curiosity killed the cat.
  7. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    16 Sep '17 05:50
    If it is morally wrong under all circumstances, would you agree that it is a moral absolute?
    I would not agree; for it is morally wrong under all circumstances solely because this is the current consensus.
    If tomorrow the consensus were pro rape according to the international law, and thus raping were cosidered a virtue and a non-rapist a criminal, I would happily break the law and I would be a criminal big time😵
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Sep '17 07:24
    Originally posted by @rbhill
    It's not about having an open mind. There is a way that seems right to a man but in the end it leads to death. Having an opened mind is like Curiosity killed the cat.
    Perhaps it is your way, though seeming right, will in the end lead to death. Perhaps that is the fate of a closed mind?
  9. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    16 Sep '17 07:37
    No I simply asked you why bad things happen to good people if karma is true.
    Do you really want to know what is karma and why is it true, dj2becker?
    😵
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    16 Sep '17 09:35
    I would not agree; for it is morally wrong under all circumstances solely because this is the current consensus.
    If tomorrow the consensus were pro rape according to the international law, and thus raping were cosidered a virtue and a non-rapist a criminal, I would happily break the law and I would be a criminal big time😵
    Exactly, just go with the flow.
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    16 Sep '17 09:38
    Do you really want to know what is karma and why is it true, dj2becker?
    😵
    The Bible teaches that you shall reap what you sow. I believe that is true. Getting punished for stuff you did in a previous life is a little too far fetched for me.
  12. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    16 Sep '17 09:41
    Exactly, just go with the flow.
    Going with the flow never concerns me😵
  13. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    16 Sep '17 09:42
    Going with the flow never concerns me😵
    And so it shouldn't if you have no convictions of your own. 😵
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Sep '17 09:501 edit
    The Bible teaches that you shall reap what you sow. I believe that is true. Getting punished for stuff you did in a previous life is a little too far fetched for me.
    Aren't you being punished now for all the crap you pulled as @Fetchmyjunk?
  15. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    16 Sep '17 09:51
    "Getting punished for stuff you did in a previous life" is a shallow core belief😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree