1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Sep '17 09:58
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    If you can only respond with infantile bird droppings and zero respect for another faith, then don't bother.

Edit: Tell me again which one of us has an open mind.
    That's Fetchmybecker you're talking to, you know that right?
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    16 Sep '17 10:06
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Aren't you being punished now for all the crap you pulled as @Fetchmyjunk?
    What are you on about? Who punished me and for what?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Sep '17 10:09
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    What are you on about? Who punished me and for what?
    Your existence here is a blight on both yourself and this forum.
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    16 Sep '17 10:09
    Seriously. I tried to give you a grown up explanation of karma, something by the way I don't believe in myself. (Any more than i believe in a Messiah dying for the sins of mankind. No less fanciful to me).

If you can only respond with infantile bird droppings and zero respect for another faith, then don't bother.

Edit: Tell me again which one of us has an open mind.
    So you are giving me a grown up explanation for something you yourself are not convinced by and you expect me to swallow it hook line and sinker?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Sep '17 10:10
    It occurs to me, that perhaps it is us that is being punished...

😲
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    16 Sep '17 10:12
    I wonder what that says about your existence here? 😵 Do you think you run this place?
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    16 Sep '17 10:40
    And yet your best attempt at justifying your own beliefs seems to be "I don't know". 😕
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Sep '17 12:44
    Originally posted by @black-beetle
    Karma is simply cause-effect, it is true, and it must be conceived within the context of the philosophy that came up with this concept (and there are many different traditions as regards this matter). It is graspable beyond conceptualization;
    Why do bad things happen to good people? Methinks that since “good” and “evil” are ultimately non-existent, “bad” things can and do happen to “good” entities all the time😵
    Personally, I think we some times mistake bad things for good, and good things for bad,
    because sometimes what we call good can destroy us. The line between the two isn't as
    clear as night and day.
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Sep '17 14:55
    So you are giving me a grown up explanation for something you yourself are not convinced by and you expect me to swallow it hook line and sinker?
    I explained to you the concept of karma, as it is understood by millions around the world. Whether or not you or I accept it is irrelevant.

Strange how you always feel threatened by different ideas, as if they are trying to convert you, rather than simply having an interest in the beliefs of others, even if you don't agree with them.
  10. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    16 Sep '17 17:20
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Personally, I think we some times mistake bad things for good, and good things for bad,
    because sometimes what we call good can destroy us. The line between the two isn't as
    clear as night and day.
    Methinks to know what is good, a deep breath is enough. And to know what is bad, you have to study it. I see no line at all between them two; the sole difference is the accurate evaluation of the mind😵
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Sep '17 17:31
    Originally posted by @black-beetle
    Methinks to know what is good, a deep breath is enough. And to know what is bad, you have to study it. I see no line at all between them two; the sole difference is the accurate evaluation of the mind😵
    Personal taste seems to be the tool used to define good and evil, while I think that is a shifting plumb line to use. It can vary from person and how they feel at the moment.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Sep '17 17:37
    I wonder what that says about your existence here? 😵 Do you think you run this place?
    Well I part own it.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Sep '17 17:38
    And yet your best attempt at justifying your own beliefs seems to be "I don't know". 😕
    No, I am just truthful when I'm not certain about something.
    It's called intellectual honestly.
  14. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    16 Sep '17 17:50
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Personal taste seems to be the tool used to define good and evil, while I think that is a shifting plumb line to use. It can vary from person and how they feel at the moment.
    If it is personal taste, I think it's simply predisposition. The product must be the fruit of an accurate evaluation of the mind instead of wishful thinking, expectations, bias, phobias etc. etc., my feer. Accurate evaluation of the mind along with full responsibility as regards the consequences, that is😵
  15. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    17 Sep '17 01:28
    Perhaps it is your way, though seeming right, will in the end lead to death. Perhaps that is the fate of a closed mind?
    That's original

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree