Judaism more similar to Christianity or Islam? etc.

Judaism more similar to Christianity or Islam? etc.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
09 Dec 16

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
The fact that you seemed surprised that I quoted evidence for my beliefs from a website.
You're being silly.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
09 Dec 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
This doesn't answer the question which was [b]why you felt the need to cite a web site when asked about your personal faith?[/b]
My beliefs and personal reasons for being a Christian are not allowed to be the same as another Christians reasons for being a Christian?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
09 Dec 16

Originally posted by FMF
You're being silly.
So I am being silly because the evidence for my Christian beliefs is accepted by other Christians and posted on a website?

F

Moves
09 Dec 16

My beliefs and personal reasons for being a Christian are not allowed to be the same as another Christians reasons for being a Christian?
Them being "the same" is a red herring, as you know full well, as it is not what I am querying. It's going off to a web site and copying the headings from someone else's writing is what I am querying. It seems strange. Dud you get yoor little blurb about what it's like being in a cult from someone's web site too?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
09 Dec 16

Originally posted by FMF
Them being "the same" is a red herring, as you know full well, as it is not what I am querying. It's going off to a web site and copying the headings from someone else's writing is what I am querying. It seems strange. Dud you get yoor little blurb about what it's like being in a cult from someone's web site too?
What then are you querying? Why is it odd that I quote evidence for my Christian beliefs from a website that lists the evidence for Christianity? Why does it seem strange to you? You have not told me why it seems strange to you.

F

Moves
09 Dec 16
1 edit

I've already addressed this red herring. Read my posts.

F

Moves
09 Dec 16

What then are you querying? Why is it odd that I quote evidence for my Christian beliefs from a website that lists the evidence for Christianity? Why does it seem strange to you? You have not told me why it seems strange to you.
It makes you seem a bit bogus. That's all. Did you need the headings to remind you? Did you copy paste each one or did you look at them and then type them yourself?

F

Moves
09 Dec 16

Who said anything about it being "not allowed"?

F

Moves
09 Dec 16

You have not told me why it seems strange to you.
Why did you give an URL the first time but not give an URL the second time?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
09 Dec 16

Originally posted by FMF
It makes you seem a bit bogus. That's all. Did you need the headings to remind you? Did you copy paste each one or did you look at them and then type them yourself?
Why does quoting something from a website seem bogus to you? Surely you have quoted something from a website before? Did you feel bogus when you did that?

F

Moves
09 Dec 16
1 edit

Why does quoting something from a website seem bogus to you?
Well, because it raised questions in my mind like "Did you need the headings to remind you?" and "Did you copy paste each one or did you look at them and then type them yourself?" and "Why did you give an URL the first time but not give an URL the second time?" and the way you are just brushing past these questions now kind of adds the oddness.

F

Moves
09 Dec 16

Here's a question for you, Fetchmyjunk. If I had answered your various 'why did you think you had Christian beliefs?' by citing a web site, would it have sufficed?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
09 Dec 16

Originally posted by FMF
Well, because it raised questions in my mind like "Did you need the headings to remind you?" and "Did you copy paste each one or did you look at them and then type them yourself?" and "Why did you give an URL the first time but not give an URL the second time?" and the way you are just brushing past these questions now kind of adds the oddness.
It seems you are the one creating the red herring because you can't seem to refute the evidence that I have quoted. That fact that you find it odd that I have quoted this evidence has no bearing on the validity of the evidence at hand.

F

Moves
09 Dec 16

That fact that you find it odd that I have quoted this evidence has no bearing on the validity of the evidence at hand.
But I am not talking about "the validity of the evidence at hand". You're trying to change the subject.

F

Moves
09 Dec 16
1 edit

It seems you are the one creating the red herring because you can't seem to refute the evidence that I have quoted.
Telling you that you having to consult a web site [to write a list of half a dozen or so things, verbatim] strikes me as odd, has got nothing to do "refuting evidence".