Judaism more similar to Christianity or Islam? etc.

Judaism more similar to Christianity or Islam? etc.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
09 Dec 16

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
Why does quoting something from a website seem bogus to you?
Did you get your little list of ideas about what it's like to be in a cult from a web site as well?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
09 Dec 16

Originally posted by FMF
Did you get your little list of ideas about what it's like to be in a cult from a web site as well?
Actually there was a website that listed the characteristics of a cult, which opened my eyes to the fact that I actually belonged to a cult, because my experience related to everything mentioned in the website.

F

Moves
09 Dec 16

FMF: Did you get your little list of ideas about what it's like to be in a cult from a web site as well?

Actually there was a website that listed the characteristics of a cult, which opened my eyes to the fact that I actually belonged to a cult, because my experience related to everything mentioned in the website.
So that's a yes, then, is it?

F

Moves
09 Dec 16

Re-posted from page 10 in case it get's missed:

Here's a question for you, Fetchmyjunk. If I had answered your various 'why did you think you had Christian beliefs?' by citing a web site, would it have sufficed?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
09 Dec 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Well, because it raised questions in my mind like "Did you need the headings to remind you?" and "Did you copy paste each one or did you look at them and then type them yourself?" and "Why did you give an URL the first time but not give an URL the second time?" and the way you are just brushing past these questions now kind of adds the oddness.
You finding something odd is of no significance to me, I find it odd that you are not able to address the evidence I presented, and clearly that is of no significance to you.

F

Moves
09 Dec 16

You finding something odd is of no significance to me.
Fair enough. But judging by the way you reacted, you seem to have been a bit rattled by it. However, I am willing to let it rest with you claiming it is of no significance to you.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
09 Dec 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Re-posted from page 10 in case it get's missed:

Here's a question for you, Fetchmyjunk. If I had answered your various 'why did you think you had Christian beliefs?' [b]by citing a web site
, would it have sufficed?[/b]
If you quoted evidence from a website and said that you used to believe that evidence to be true that would have been perfectly fine with me. I would then have asked you why you no longer believe it to be true. Sadly you did not fall for my bait. 🙁

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
09 Dec 16

Originally posted by FMF
So that's a yes, then, is it?
The answer is partly yes, and also based on my personal experience with the cult which seemed to coincide exactly with what the website was describing.

F

Moves
09 Dec 16

If you quoted evidence from a website and said that you used to believe that evidence to be true that would have been perfectly fine with me. I would then have asked you why you no longer believe it to be true.
Well I didn't feel the need to quote from a web site to tell you what I used to believe. It would have been a thoroughly odd thing to do. And I told you many times - over and over again - why I no longer believed it to be true, and even pointed out that I had discussed it - and even initiated detailed discussions about it - numerous times in the past here on this forum. And yet it didn't suffice. You even expressed concern about me being seen as a "liar" and if being "scared". But citations about what Christians believe and citations from web sites about why people lose their Christian faith would have been "perfectly fine"? It's all a bit strange to me, this.

F

Moves
09 Dec 16

Sadly you did not fall for my bait. 🙁
You added this with an edit after I had replied. Do you see yourself as baiting people here?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
09 Dec 16

Originally posted by FMF
Well I didn't feel the need to quote from a web site to tell you what I used to believe. It would have been a thoroughly odd thing to do. And I told you many times - over and over again - why I no longer believed it to be true, and even pointed out that I had discussed it - and even initiated detailed discussions about it - numerous times in the past here on thi ...[text shortened]... lose their Christian faith would have been "perfectly fine"? It's all a bit strange to me, this.
Of course you didn't feel the need to quote from a web site because you kept on saying you aren't going to repeat something you have discussed in the past. That still seems a little strange to me.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
09 Dec 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
You added this with an edit after I had replied. Do you see yourself as baiting people here?
I tried countless times to discuss things that you just plainly refused to repeat to me because you had apparently discussed it in one or some of your 30000 odd posts at some point in the past.

F

Moves
09 Dec 16

I tried countless times to discuss things that you just plainly refused to repeat to me because you had apparently discussed it in some of your 30000 odd posts at some point in the past.
Well I told you what I used to believe and I told you why I didn't believe it any more and also about the process getting from one to the other, and I did so in as much detail as I wanted to, as I explained, repeatedly, but it didn't suffice. And we know what happened then. It resulted in weeks and weeks of behaviour on your part that you eventually felt you needed to apologize for.

F

Moves
09 Dec 16

I tried countless times to discuss things that you just plainly refused to repeat to me because you had apparently discussed it in some of your 30000 odd posts at some point in the past.
So do you see yourself as baiting people here?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
09 Dec 16
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
Well I told you what I used to believe and I told you why I didn't believe it any more and also about the process getting from one to the other, and I did so in as much detail as I wanted to, as I explained, repeatedly, but it didn't suffice. And we know what happened then. It resulted in weeks and weeks of behaviour on your part that you eventually felt you needed to apologize for.
All I was asking for was for specific 'events', 'experiences' or 'discoveries' that lead to your loss of faith. You gave me none. I find that a little odd and bogus.